A look back at why we're such a divided country

It was not bipartisan because Republicans walked away. Blame Obama all you want but reality is that Republicans made it that way.
Maybe, just maybe, having to pass it before reading it might have had an effect-

That said- it was coming, it's here, and Republicans have not done anything to hinder it- rhetoric doesn't count.
The only real difference between the opposing sides of the Duopoly Party is a public display and partisan consumption- and that applies to every issue, substantive or not. Then, there is the man who wears a black dress, in public, pretending to be an omnipotent, who says a fine is a tax- I don't recall seeing that authority granted in the rules for the pretentious- can someone cite it for me so I can better understand the divide- just asking for clarification.
The same destination at a different rate of descent is still the same destination- tweaking a *policy* to make it more amenable (by either or D or R) is still policy already in place and that is all the feckless (on both sides) do-

Congress critters are, by and large, lawyers and have staffs filled with lawyers (interns) and as all should know, lawyers pay others to teach them to lie, legally-

There's really no need to look back- just look around. The results are where we are.

Obama actually tried working with Republicans on healthcare reform but Republicans decided they would not work with him no matter what.

Just a little bit of history that Republicans like to forget.

That's bullshit.

The Democrats stayed united to defeat every reasonable amendment that the GOP brought forward. They insisted that Christian outfits like Hobby Lobby and the Little Sisters of the Poor be required to pay for Sex Changes and Abortions. Obama never gave an inch, didn't negotiate at all with Republicans.
So Christians should get FREE Condoms, Sex Changes and Abortions on Taxpayers?
NO, it was more like Christians must to pay for Condoms, Sex Changes and Abortions for the democratic minorities
You Lie! - 62% of Abortions are performed on Christians!!! But you want the other 38% to pay their bill. GFYS!

The public voted for a “clean articulate black guy” not obamacare that the final product turned out to be

being president gave him great influence but not absolute authority
Obama campaigned extensively on healthcare. It was a top priority. The idea that people didn’t know this was coming is ignorance. Also, don’t play the race card. You’re better than that. If you chose to do so, I can do it right back to you.

Being president doesn’t give him absolute authority. That’s why winning massive majorities in Congress was part of the mandate.

In my 20+ years in politics I've never seen the country this divided. It didn't get this way overnight, something had to cause it.

In my opinion, NOTHING any president has done has been as divisive to the country as when Obama forced Obamacare down our throats along partisan lines. That drove a wedge between the two parties and republicans said if we ever get back control we will NOT cooperate or negotiate with liberals. And they stuck to their word.

Even the Gulf War was bi partisan with many democrats voting yes.

Nothing Clinton or Reagan did was along party lines like that.

Neither Bush did anything partisan like that.

It was Obama and Obama only. After Obama, republicans didn't care what democrats thought. Why? Because democrats already showed they didn't care about half the nation when they shoved Obamacare down their throats.

So I would have to lay the blame of division in this country solely on the lap of the democrats and Obama.
Obama mainstreamed Commie tactics in government and is an indoctrinated Cultural Marxist. Dems, even a few GOP types don't want a Constitutional Republic. They prefer a CCP like government. Dems have allowed Marxism to run rampant. These people would genocide you and put so called conservatives in gulags. If you disagree with them they have an entire dictionary of weaponized pejoratives that they use.

Joseph McCarthy LIVES
And so does Communists in the USA. The only difference is that they don't have to hide or report to Moscow.

Obama actually tried working with Republicans on healthcare reform but Republicans decided they would not work with him no matter what.

Just a little bit of history that Republicans like to forget.

That's bullshit.

The Democrats stayed united to defeat every reasonable amendment that the GOP brought forward. They insisted that Christian outfits like Hobby Lobby and the Little Sisters of the Poor be required to pay for Sex Changes and Abortions. Obama never gave an inch, didn't negotiate at all with Republicans.
So Christians should get FREE Condoms, Sex Changes and Abortions on Taxpayers?
NO, it was more like Christians must to pay for Condoms, Sex Changes and Abortions for the democratic minorities
You Lie! - 62% of Abortions are performed on Christians!!! But you want the other 38% to pay their bill. GFYS!
What part of I don't want tax money paying for Abortions .. That is not what tax money is for so GFYS!!

In my 20+ years in politics I've never seen the country this divided. It didn't get this way overnight, something had to cause it.

In my opinion, NOTHING any president has done has been as divisive to the country as when Obama forced Obamacare down our throats along partisan lines. That drove a wedge between the two parties and republicans said if we ever get back control we will NOT cooperate or negotiate with liberals. And they stuck to their word.

It was Obama and Obama only. After Obama, republicans didn't care what democrats thought. Why? Because democrats already showed they didn't care about half the nation when they shoved Obamacare down their throats.

So I would have to lay the blame of division in this country solely on the lap of the democrats and Obama.
Obama mainstreamed Commie tactics in government and is an indoctrinated Cultural Marxist. Dems, even a few GOP types don't want a Constitutional Republic. They prefer a CCP like government. Dems have allowed Marxism to run rampant. These people would genocide you and put so called conservatives in gulags. If you disagree with them they have an entire dictionary of weaponized pejoratives that they use.

Joseph McCarthy LIVES
If Only

That's kind of retarded.

Did you forget when you guys impeached Clinton for lying about a blow job, after he had won the presidency twice?

Or when Dubya Bush put up pictures of Osama and Saddam against Triple Amputee Max Cleland because Cleland wouldn't go along with taking away worker rights at DHS?

As for ObamaCare, um, the problem there was that Obama bent over backwards trying to get even a few Republicans to vote for what was essentially their own idea.

Instead of doing the sensible thing of Single Payer like every other country, Republicans proposed this system of Private Sector Supports, and put it into practice in Massachusetts.

Then the Black Guy did it, and you all freaked out.

Again. Here we go. This is almost at the root of why 73 million of you lemmings voted for Trump and are so desperately vocal for him to stay around when he's been nothing but an incompetent disaster. Make America White Again. The day Obama was elected, you right wingers collectively lost your shit. Blacks come out and vote for him in droves and are key to putting the first person of color in the Oval Office and for the first time, you see a direct threat to the power you righties consider to be your birthright. Then spend the next eight years literally making up scandals to try and take him down. Trump becomes just the result of your bigotry (although I lay a large share of that blame on Bernie Bros and Comey :) ). Finally, you have a kindred spirit who will not only restore the racial hierarchy in this country, but will also put all those "other" people you don't like in their place. And he makes it OK for you to voice that bigotry out loud. So Trump loses and once again, people of color are key in showing him the door, and immediately you cry fraud and seek to disenfranchise millions of these people in select states in select counties....gee, where have I seen this playbook run before?

So you single out Obama, who will be remembered as a good President with some foreign policy blunders. All the while ignoring the hatred and bile that's slowly risen on your side of the aisle for the last three decades. We get it. You didn't like the black guy in the Oval Office and the fact that we will have a black VP is killing you. Deal with it.

Obama's idea of "working" with Republicans was getting them to agree to what he wanted, and little else.

Just a little bit of history that democrats like to forget...

Not really true.

Obama extended the Bush Tax Giveaways to the rich for four more years than he wanted to. ObamaCare was really a national version of Romneycare, instead of the Single Payer System most Democrats wanted. Obama went far out of his way to work with Republicans even when he didn't have to.

I'll play. Name one republican idea in the Obamacare bill.

Healthcare exchanges
State led healthcare instead of Federal led healthcare
Adoption of Healthcare provisions in Romneycare

Last edited:
The idea that people didn’t know this was coming is ignorance.
We knew something was coming

but since of obama shoved the final product down our throats the onus of a divided country is entirely on him

Started in 1983 when Ted Kennedy offered control of the democrat Party to the KGB to defeat Reagan.

After the collapse of the USSR, the KGB had to sell their ownership to the CCP for pennies on the dollar

The individual mandate. It was a feature of both the Heritage Foundation proposal of the 1990's, and RomneyCare in Massachusetts in 2004.
screw the Heritage Foundation

they write a stupid little white paper that no one read and that obligates me to go along with obamacare?

dont make me laugh

Forum List

Back