🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A 'mass murder in the Mediterranean' leaves nearly 450 lost at sea

you implied
Quote my comment back to me.

it's on the board along with the many other comments you made supporting the stink of the Baathist government of
your friend the murdering pig---Assad
You're fucking nuts. Your initial comment was that this was a great thread due to people's comments playing out to type and yet you can't cite my comments at all.

Secondly, no one should trust your ability to comprehend what you're reading.

oh ok so you don't support the Baathist government of
the ASSADS against the "rebels" -----nice to know
When Islamists are battling Baathists, I cheer for the asteroid which is barreling down on the battleground. What I don't do is intervene and try to stop the fight. The more dead Muslims the better.

The asteroid line is hilarious!

LOLOL

:D

M2

it's on the board along with the many other comments you made supporting the stink of the Baathist government of
your friend the murdering pig---Assad
You're fucking nuts. Your initial comment was that this was a great thread due to people's comments playing out to type and yet you can't cite my comments at all.

When Islamists are battling Baathists, I cheer for the asteroid which is barreling down on the battleground. What I don't do is intervene and try to stop the fight. The more dead Muslims the better.

Oh so?? you are making less sense than ever----there are actually some innocent people over there-----

Then they should fix their society, fight for the society that they want to create.

oh------an isolationist ----yes------I remember well------the isolationists of the mid 1930s said the same thing about
your friend Hitler and whomever were his victims. Somehow the isolationists back then turned out to be
nazis

Oh so?? you are making less sense than ever----there are actually some innocent people over there-----

Then they should fix their society, fight for the society that they want to create.

oh------an isolationist ----yes------I remember well------the isolationists of the mid 1930s said the same thing about
your friend Hitler and whomever were his victims. Somehow the isolationists back then turned out to be
nazis

Wrong again.

You are incapable of accurately relating facts or you are a liar.

Or both.

The entire country was strongly isolationist before Pearl Harbor.

...Actually the real question is this. Where is the compassion by anyone on this thread? Unfucking believable.
After seeing one's first two or three dozen threads about poor people and families getting killed - especially when people with agendas bring them up in the first place or exploit the situation in order to advance their own political agendas, the tendency is to grow numb, and skip the emotional aspects, and argue fact, and policy.

So are you saying that you don't think the human trafficking of people desperate to escape horrendous situations bears the need for scrutiny or justice?
Not that, it is just an Arab problem.

We cannot fix Arab problems.

I do not believe people have the right to invade another country and establish zones within them that act as mini states, which is what these people were attempting as they sought to join their fellow invaders, most likely in Malmo where a crowing cancer of Dar Al Islam already exists.

I don't think they deserve to be killed, mind you, but if western countries do not get their act together soon when it comes to national sovereignty, the very notion will cease to exist as more and more Islamic invaders colonize western lands.

what a joke "THE WHOLE USA WAS ISOLATIONIST"----right-----not really the "WHOLE"----it just happened that the usa was full of Nazi pigs in 1940. I grew up in a town full of Nazi pigs-------there was not a single black resident in the WHOLE TOWN ----until well into the 1970s-----my own family ----(jewish) was almost lynched in the early 50s-----the only reason my dad------(Navy vet) managed to get a house was because the seller------was also a navy vet. Any time anyone mentions opinion polls in the USA , I am reminded of
Jay Leno's "JAY WALKS"

...So are you saying that you don't think the human trafficking of people desperate to escape horrendous situations bears the need for scrutiny or justice?
Nope.

I am saying exactly what I said the first time:

After seeing one's first two or three dozen threads about poor people and families getting killed - especially when people with agendas bring them up in the first place or exploit the situation in order to advance their own political agendas, the tendency is to grow numb, and skip the emotional aspects, and argue fact, and policy.

Which bears little if any resemblance to the words that you tried to put into my mouth here.

Ever heard the term: 'Donor exhaustion' ?

This is similar, quite probably.

Loosely labeled as 'Caring exhaustion' .

Not a precise definition, but sufficient as a placeholder.

When people get into that mode, they shift to macro-level issues and fact and policy, rather than individuals, yes?

...I really am. I cannot in good conscience support such people. I know that there are so-called "moderates" among them, but I think that a lot of Muslims in the ME are at least silent conspirators. I don't trust them, and I have a very hard time with feeling any sympathy for them. I cannot say why, but my heart goes out to Israel rather than to the Palestinians. Sure, certain rare stories may tug at my heart strings, but then I have to think that, as a people in general, they've really brought this upon themselves with their extremist murderous ideology. Islam is NOT just a religion. It is a way of life.
Well said.

That little girl certainly did not deserve to die like that.

Then her father shouldn't have involved her and the rest of his family in a criminal enterprise.

He was quite willing to IMPOSE his presence on the people of Italy and Sweden, an uninvited party crasher.

If he hadn't been a criminal, then his family would still be alive today.

Stay and fix your OWN society instead of RUINING the societies of others.

Wow. Talk about hate. Big words from the armchair of a person who is not facing these choices. Immigrants have been fleeing war torn countries for ages. That's how a good many ended up in America legally and illegally. If you have a family to protect - and you reach a point where they can not be kept safe where you are - what do you do? Stay there and hope they don't get killed or finally flee and hope you can find safety? Are your children expendable pawns?

So using your logic - anyone who resides anywhere illegally is fair game for murder and violence? Really? And you consider yourself "civilized"?

If it makes you feel better you can think of it as an invading force being sunk by pirates. The pirates did both Italy and Sweden a favor. Every single person there would have cost Italy money, meaning that Italians would be ROBBED in order to support these strangers. Each of us is entitled to defend ourselves with deadly force in order to prevent violence being done to us. Being robbed is violence. Italians were saved from having violence committed against them.

Those people should have stayed and fought for a better country in their own homeland.

Our ancestors didn't.

I listened to this on the way to work yesterday - it's hard to believe someone could deliberately do this...:(

Out of 450 people, only 11 survivors. This man was adrift for 4 days before rescue. His wife and two little daughters drowned.

A mass murder in the Mediterranean leaves nearly 450 lost at sea including this man s family Public Radio International

They left on September 6, crowding into small motorboats. They were transferred onto different boats over the next few days, each one more crowded than the last. All the water and food that Shukri brought went missing; he thinks someone stole it.

“We were so tired. We were vomiting. We were dizzy,” Shukri said.

The passengers were then squeezed together onto another boat. The pump on that boat stopped working, according to some reports, but the passengers refused to move to yet another boat, this one even smaller. As arguments broke out, Shukri said, a ship with Egyptian men came out of nowhere and repeatedly rammed the boat. It began to sink.

Shukri fell into the ocean — he doesn’t know how to swim. His wife and his 4-year-old daughter, Ritaj, were near him, and his wife screamed out his nickname: "Shaker!"

He couldn’t do anything for them, he said, his voice overtaken by tears.

Feature_13.jpg

This article has more info on the overall problem of human smuggling in that area: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/21/w...eadly-journey-from-middle-east-to-europe.html

That's terrible, but who is responsible? Is anyone searching for the responsible party/parties?

I don't know. It occurred in September and I remember it in the news but it didn't really hit me until I listened to this interview with a survivor. The EU is concerned and trying to do something but it seems to be like with the Somali pirates - in an area with no national laws apply. I can't find much in updates.

That little girl certainly did not deserve to die like that.

Then her father shouldn't have involved her and the rest of his family in a criminal enterprise.

He was quite willing to IMPOSE his presence on the people of Italy and Sweden, an uninvited party crasher.

If he hadn't been a criminal, then his family would still be alive today.

Stay and fix your OWN society instead of RUINING the societies of others.

Wow. Talk about hate. Big words from the armchair of a person who is not facing these choices. Immigrants have been fleeing war torn countries for ages. That's how a good many ended up in America legally and illegally. If you have a family to protect - and you reach a point where they can not be kept safe where you are - what do you do? Stay there and hope they don't get killed or finally flee and hope you can find safety? Are your children expendable pawns?

So using your logic - anyone who resides anywhere illegally is fair game for murder and violence? Really? And you consider yourself "civilized"?

If it makes you feel better you can think of it as an invading force being sunk by pirates. The pirates did both Italy and Sweden a favor. Every single person there would have cost Italy money, meaning that Italians would be ROBBED in order to support these strangers. Each of us is entitled to defend ourselves with deadly force in order to prevent violence being done to us. Being robbed is violence. Italians were saved from having violence committed against them.

Those people should have stayed and fought for a better country in their own homeland.

Our ancestors didn't.

Yes but back then the world (and the US) was not as populated. Nobody has a problem with legal immigrants who want to come here and work, contribute to our economy, follow our laws and get along.

Unfortunately, that is not the goal of some immigrants. I'm quite sure a lot of illegal immigrants are running from something, and it isn't always oppression. Sometimes, it is because they are criminals and are wanted, and sometimes there might be other nefarious reasons.

When the Fogel family was murdered by a terrorist while they slept in their beds there were people saying they deserved it. They shouldn't have been where they were. They were Zionist terrorists and their kids would have been brainwashed into the same thing. It was a concerted effort to blame the victim. Very much like this.

Like I said unfucking believable.

You should listen to the audio. It's heartbreaking.

Ohhhhhhhhh!

It's all clear now.

You are a compassion junkie.

Anytime you find someone or a group which you feel is worthy of your compassion you just give it and give it and give it.

Not as much for THEIR sake as it does to feed your addiction!!!

Phew!

That was a long time coming.

More than that, she gives her compassion and tries to give ours too without bothering to ask us. She'd give her compassion and then force Italy to give too.

I have a very hard time with compassion for them. I have more compassion for the Israelis who have been dealing with them for YEARS.

Everyone is an individual. Even Israeli's commit murder.

No one on the Right advocates or is on record as defending lawlessness or murder by ANYONE!

The fact, however, is that the Jews are usually law abiding.

The Palestinians have no laws except the Koran and the law of the jungle.

Which side is the more likely to commit a despicable act against the other?

The side which is usually law abiding or the side which has no respect for laws except those which directly benefit their hateful, racist agenda?

Or maybe not.

Some of these people are Palestinian immigrants to America.
Famous Arab Americans The Arab American Institute
\Joseph Haiek Documenting Arab-American Achievements IIP Digital

Forum List

Back