🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A message from a veteran about firearms in this country

Why do we need it? Because a crazed rich kid in love with an actress shot a couple people? Why punish the entire citizenry for the actions of a nut job? Reagan also closed the mental institutions. Why aren't you bitching about that?

If it was such a good idea then, why is it such a bad idea now? If the Brady bill had still been in effect, then maybe the mass shootings where the shooters had use of up to 100 rounds before reloading wouldn't have happened.

Because it wasn't ever a good idea and after 10 years it had accomplished absolutely nothing positive. The basic problem remains the same; people who wish to engage in criminal behavior don't abide by the law. Shooting people was already against the law and remains so. Single-shot weapons can be quite deadly in any case.

You're right, single shot weapons CAN be quite deadly.

So, if that's true (which it is), why do you need to send 30 to 100 rounds downrange before reloading?

Because I want to. Really, it's none of your business. Why do you eed the amount of space you have in your house? I figure you are a bike enthusiasts, why would you need a bike over 250 cc's ? You don't need all that power. You are not a professional racer right? Honestly, I think folks who drive bikes faster then 75 are fuccking nuts, but that's their thing and I don't question it even though people on bikes insist on getting g other people killed when their game of "sons of anarchy" go's bad.

Are large houses a favorite weapon of mass killers?

A large truck is the greatest mass murder instrument since the attack in France...killing more people in one attack than any gun.....

How many times have you needed a hi cap magazine?
Translation: You have to prove a need to exercise a Constitutional right.

Sorry, but "need" isn't a requirement for rights in a free country. Why did you dodge the question? Because you know the answer?

Cars are used legally by many millions each day. They are needed to transport people and goods. How many people need hi cap magazines?
So are guns. Who is committing crimes using guns with "hi cap magazines"? Maybe you should look into stop those people, not me.

Every time I decide to carry a pistol.

Really? You have never needed a gun for defense. You sure haven't needed a hi cap magazines. That is just in your scared little paranoid head.

"I don't consider it a penalty to take away the ability to quickly and legally become a mass killer. Why do you think people should be able to easily become mass killers?"

Uh...where exactly is it currently legal to be as mass killer?

It is legal to buy a semi auto with hi cap magazines. That legally makes you a very capable mass killer. If you chose to use a bomb, making a bomb is illegal. But owning a gun for mass killing is legal.
Buying a car legally makes you a very capable mass killer....and owning a car isn't an enumerated right.

Cars are used legally by many millions each day. They are needed to transport people and goods. How many people need hi cap magazines?

There's where you Gun Grabbers always go wrong. It's not about 'Need.' That's completely irrelevant. It's your Constitutional Right to bear arms. If you choose not to, than so be it. But you don't have the right to infringe on others' rights.

There are many behaviors and practices i personally disagree with. But i have to accept and respect the rights of others. That's what our country is all about. Period, end of story.

They don't care about need ....... they use that to convince the uninformed that it is okay to surrender their Right to self defense.....they hate guns and the people who own them and they will do absolutely anything to get rid of guns...including selling guns to drug cartels and letting violent gun felons out of jail....

Sorry, but "need" isn't a requirement for rights in a free country. Why did you dodge the question? Because you know the answer?

You just dodged the question. You are ok with kids and innocent people getting killed so you can have something you have never needed. That is sad.

So are guns. Who is committing crimes using guns with "hi cap magazines"? Maybe you should look into stop those people, not me.

Really? You have never needed a gun for defense. You sure haven't needed a hi cap magazines. That is just in your scared little paranoid head.

Every time I decide to carry or have a gun in the house I need the standard issue magazine for that weapon asswipe......please....tell us when and where we will be attacked, by how many and how long we have to hold out for the police......before the attack happens.......if you can do that your nonsense would be more sane.......

Didn't you take an oath to defend the Constitution? Do you happen to know what it says? JW

The constitution says that "the people" as a whole are allowed to bear arms to form "well regulated militias"

Basically, there is a collective right for civilians to form an armed force to stand by in readiness to defend the country. The second amendment is therefore fulfilled by the existence of the U.S military

The People's Militias are Armed to Oppose the U.S Government's Military.

Every time I decide to carry or have a gun in the house I need the standard issue magazine for that weapon asswipe......please....tell us when and where we will be attacked, by how many and how long we have to hold out for the police......before the attack happens.......if you can do that your nonsense would be more sane.......

You have never needed a gun. Your fear and paranoia has you carry one, but it has never been needed.

"I don't consider it a penalty to take away the ability to quickly and legally become a mass killer. Why do you think people should be able to easily become mass killers?"

It is legal to buy a semi auto with hi cap magazines. That legally makes you a very capable mass killer. If you chose to use a bomb, making a bomb is illegal. But owning a gun for mass killing is legal.
Buying a car legally makes you a very capable mass killer....and owning a car isn't an enumerated right.

There's where you Gun Grabbers always go wrong. It's not about 'Need.' That's completely irrelevant. It's your Constitutional Right to bear arms. If you choose not to, than so be it. But you don't have the right to infringe on others' rights.

There are many behaviors and practices i personally disagree with. But i have to accept and respect the rights of others. That's what our country is all about. Period, end of story.

They don't care about need ....... they use that to convince the uninformed that it is okay to surrender their Right to self defense.....they hate guns and the people who own them and they will do absolutely anything to get rid of guns...including selling guns to drug cartels and letting violent gun felons out of jail....

I hear ya. It's like the 'we don't need soda, so let's ban it' mentality. It's a Fascistic approach. It just doesn't have anything to do with 'Need.' It's about your rights. Simple as that.

When the military comes to your door, demands you surrender all of your firearms and your wife and kids are behind you....what will you do?

You just dodged the question. You are ok with kids and innocent people getting killed so you can have something you have never needed. That is sad.

Fuck you asswipe. You are a troll......

1,500,000 Americans use guns to save lives every single year...you know this....the bill clinton Department of Justice did the research.......there were 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 1.2 million people carrying guns for self defense....now there are 357 million guns and 15 million people carrying guns for self defense and our gun murder rate went down 49%........as did the gun accident rate and last year non gun suicide was higher than gun suicide...

You are wrong on every aspect of the gun debate...every single one.......you don't have one fact, one statistic or reality on your side......

Correct and banning pressure cookers would have saved lives in Boston. What's your point? That all law-abiding citizens should be penalized because of a few terrorist nutjobs?

Making bombs is illegal and people can be caught trying to make them. Sometimes bombs don't work.

I don't consider it a penalty to take away the ability to quickly and legally become a mass killer. Why do you think people should be able to easily become mass killers?

Gun free zones cause that......disarming the very people who can keep these killers away, or stop them when they appear......and your solution did not work in Europe.....especially Paris, disarming normal people does not stop these crimes...moron.

Look at Orlando. You say semi auto rifles aren't that dangerous then we have the worst mass shooting with one. You say if only an armed good guy was there, there was an armed off duty cop there. You are just constantly wrong.

The only armed guard ran from the fight to call for help....you then had 300 unarmed people in a confined space with no way to fight back.....300 people and according to your foolish ideas they should have rushed him as he reloaded....and you had him in the bathroom and on the main floor reloading in front of survivors and they couldn't do anything......

And two weeks later at another night club another shooter was stopped by an armed citizen......you anti gun people are liars

Because he was out gunned because you think people should legally own mass killing guns.

300 unarmed people in a gun free zone you helped to create....you disarmed those people and allowed them to be slaughtered....and your armed, off duty cop, left the scene to call for help.....that killed those people..your gun free zone...

Two weeks later, a night club shooter was stopped by an armed civilian.....stopped cold........

1,500,000 Americans use guns to save lives every single year...you know this....the bill clinton Department of Justice did the research.......there were 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 1.2 million people carrying guns for self defense....now there are 357 million guns and 15 million people carrying guns for self defense and our gun murder rate went down 49%........as did the gun accident rate and last year non gun suicide was higher than gun suicide...

You are wrong on every aspect of the gun debate...every single one.......you don't have one fact, one statistic or reality on your side......

Yet neither you, me, or anyone I know has ever used a gun for defense. You live in fantasy land.

You have never needed a gun. Your fear and paranoia has you carry one, but it has never been needed.

In a time where our gov is taking our rights you want to help them take the most important one. I would be greatful if people like you would just shut the fuck up. If you dont WANT a firearm?...dont fkn buy one but dont you dare come after MY rights god dammit.

I have needed a gun every single day.....I haven't had to use it yet......please, tell me I won't ever need to use it........put your psychic powers to use for goodness instead of evil....

Making bombs is illegal and people can be caught trying to make them. Sometimes bombs don't work.

I don't consider it a penalty to take away the ability to quickly and legally become a mass killer. Why do you think people should be able to easily become mass killers?

Gun free zones cause that......disarming the very people who can keep these killers away, or stop them when they appear......and your solution did not work in Europe.....especially Paris, disarming normal people does not stop these crimes...moron.

Look at Orlando. You say semi auto rifles aren't that dangerous then we have the worst mass shooting with one. You say if only an armed good guy was there, there was an armed off duty cop there. You are just constantly wrong.

The only armed guard ran from the fight to call for help....you then had 300 unarmed people in a confined space with no way to fight back.....300 people and according to your foolish ideas they should have rushed him as he reloaded....and you had him in the bathroom and on the main floor reloading in front of survivors and they couldn't do anything......

And two weeks later at another night club another shooter was stopped by an armed citizen......you anti gun people are liars

Because he was out gunned because you think people should legally own mass killing guns.

300 unarmed people in a gun free zone you helped to create....you disarmed those people and allowed them to be slaughtered....and your armed, off duty cop, left the scene to call for help.....that killed those people..your gun free zone...

Two weeks later, a night club shooter was stopped by an armed civilian.....stopped cold........

Yes because drunk and high people in a club at 2am should be armed. Even the NRA admitted that would be stupid. The shooter should not have been able to legally buy a mass killing gun.

Reloading often sure would have slowed down the Orlando shooter.
Correct and banning pressure cookers would have saved lives in Boston. What's your point? That all law-abiding citizens should be penalized because of a few terrorist nutjobs?

You didn't answer the question.
Mass murder is illegal irregardless of the weapon. It is no more or less legal with a bomb, thrown rock, or machinegun.
Aircraft are not illegal but they were used to commit mass murder on 9/11. Should we outlaw aircraft?

The average hunting shotgun loaded with buck shot can put as much or more lead downrange in about the same time span. Shoot fast=run out of ammo fast. An assault rifle without ammo doesn't even make a very good club.

Last edited:

Yet neither you, me, or anyone I know has ever used a gun for defense. You live in fantasy land.

1,500,000 Americans say you have no idea what you are talking about....lives saved, and crimes stopped by these AMericans.....including some mass shootings when they were able to have their guns with them...and not disarmed by your gun free zones.

I have needed a gun every single day.....I haven't had to use it yet......please, tell me I won't ever need to use it........put your psychic powers to use for goodness instead of evil....

You have never needed it. Not once.

Sadly, these folks have been brainwashed by the Communist/Progressive Gun Grabbers. They've been conditioned to believe that the Police will always be there to save them. But the reality is, most often the Police only arrive after the brutal crime has been committed. Even the Police will tell you that. It's your own responsibility to protect yourself and your loved ones. That's the reality.

Forum List

Back