🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A message from a veteran about firearms in this country

You know, we had a law in place that already limited the amount of ammo you could send downrange before you had to reload. It was enacted and passed during the Reagan administration.

It was called the Brady Bill.

Why can't we go back to that? I think that the repeal of that was unnecessary, especially in light of the fact Reagan was shot.
Why do we need it? Because a crazed rich kid in love with an actress shot a couple people? Why punish the entire citizenry for the actions of a nut job? Reagan also closed the mental institutions. Why aren't you bitching about that?

If it was such a good idea then, why is it such a bad idea now? If the Brady bill had still been in effect, then maybe the mass shootings where the shooters had use of up to 100 rounds before reloading wouldn't have happened.

Because it wasn't ever a good idea and after 10 years it had accomplished absolutely nothing positive. The basic problem remains the same; people who wish to engage in criminal behavior don't abide by the law. Shooting people was already against the law and remains so. Single-shot weapons can be quite deadly in any case.

You're right, single shot weapons CAN be quite deadly.

So, if that's true (which it is), why do you need to send 30 to 100 rounds downrange before reloading?

There may be several bad guys shooting at you.......and you may have to fire enough rounds to save your life and the lives of your family.....

"I don't consider it a penalty to take away the ability to quickly and legally become a mass killer. Why do you think people should be able to easily become mass killers?"

Uh...where exactly is it currently legal to be as mass killer?

It is legal to buy a semi auto with hi cap magazines. That legally makes you a very capable mass killer. If you chose to use a bomb, making a bomb is illegal. But owning a gun for mass killing is legal.
Buying a car legally makes you a very capable mass killer....and owning a car isn't an enumerated right.

The money is in the foundation........investing at low tax rates and making them rich....
Nonetheless, and this isn't a slam against Trump per se, the fact so much wealth is being retained by a very small percentage of Americans while the Middle Class has continued to barely tread water should not be lost on most Americans. The Tinkle Down system doesn't work. OTOH, neither does the Tax-and-Spend philosophy of the Democrats.

A few years back, Heritage and other conservative websites pushed the Laffer Curve. I agree with the idea, but what too many conservatives forget is that there is a backside of that curve; where the tax rate is too low to sustain necessary functions of our nation. IMHO, we're on the backside of that curve now.

There is no trickle down system....there is a tax code and if you earn money you pay it......and increasing taxes on the wealthy won't do anything except create more ways for the rich to hide their money like Buffet, Gates and the clintons.....the way to get money moving...lower the tax rate....that creates jobs and creates tax payers who actually pay taxes...

Reloading often sure would have slowed down the Orlando shooter.
Correct and banning pressure cookers would have saved lives in Boston. What's your point? That all law-abiding citizens should be penalized because of a few terrorist nutjobs?

Making bombs is illegal and people can be caught trying to make them. Sometimes bombs don't work.

I don't consider it a penalty to take away the ability to quickly and legally become a mass killer. Why do you think people should be able to easily become mass killers?

Gun free zones cause that......disarming the very people who can keep these killers away, or stop them when they appear......and your solution did not work in Europe.....especially Paris, disarming normal people does not stop these crimes...moron.

Look at Orlando. You say semi auto rifles aren't that dangerous then we have the worst mass shooting with one. You say if only an armed good guy was there, there was an armed off duty cop there. You are just constantly wrong.

Why do we need it? Because a crazed rich kid in love with an actress shot a couple people? Why punish the entire citizenry for the actions of a nut job? Reagan also closed the mental institutions. Why aren't you bitching about that?

If it was such a good idea then, why is it such a bad idea now? If the Brady bill had still been in effect, then maybe the mass shootings where the shooters had use of up to 100 rounds before reloading wouldn't have happened.

Because it wasn't ever a good idea and after 10 years it had accomplished absolutely nothing positive. The basic problem remains the same; people who wish to engage in criminal behavior don't abide by the law. Shooting people was already against the law and remains so. Single-shot weapons can be quite deadly in any case.

So, if that's true (which it is), why do you need to send 30 to 100 rounds downrange before reloading?
Why not? What will you limiting my magazines to 10 shots do to stop mentally ill killers, terrorists or other criminals from illegally doing what is already against the law?

Wrong.....you are lying...you have seen the research that shows mass shooters are not stopped or slowed by magazine limits and lives are not saved by limiting magazine size...you know the research exists, you have seen it and now you pretend it doesn't exist to push you agenda....you are a vile human being.

"I don't consider it a penalty to take away the ability to quickly and legally become a mass killer. Why do you think people should be able to easily become mass killers?"

It is legal to buy a semi auto with hi cap magazines. That legally makes you a very capable mass killer. If you chose to use a bomb, making a bomb is illegal. But owning a gun for mass killing is legal.
Buying a car legally makes you a very capable mass killer....and owning a car isn't an enumerated right.

Cars are used legally by many millions each day. They are needed to transport people and goods. How many people need hi cap magazines?

Making bombs is illegal and people can be caught trying to make them. Sometimes bombs don't work.

I don't consider it a penalty to take away the ability to quickly and legally become a mass killer. Why do you think people should be able to easily become mass killers?
Murder is illegal be it single or mass. What's your point? That you won't admit banning pressure cookers is a good idea since it saves lives?

Why not? What will you limiting my magazines to 10 shots do to stop mentally ill killers, terrorists or other criminals from illegally doing what is already against the law?

Wrong.....you are lying...you have seen the research that shows mass shooters are not stopped or slowed by magazine limits and lives are not saved by limiting magazine size...you know the research exists, you have seen it and now you pretend it doesn't exist to push you agenda....you are a vile human being.

I've seen many reload fails that slow down shooters. You deny physics?

Correct and banning pressure cookers would have saved lives in Boston. What's your point? That all law-abiding citizens should be penalized because of a few terrorist nutjobs?

Gun free zones cause that......disarming the very people who can keep these killers away, or stop them when they appear......and your solution did not work in Europe.....especially Paris, disarming normal people does not stop these crimes...moron.

Look at Orlando. You say semi auto rifles aren't that dangerous then we have the worst mass shooting with one. You say if only an armed good guy was there, there was an armed off duty cop there. You are just constantly wrong.

The only armed guard ran from the fight to call for help....you then had 300 unarmed people in a confined space with no way to fight back.....300 people and according to your foolish ideas they should have rushed him as he reloaded....and you had him in the bathroom and on the main floor reloading in front of survivors and they couldn't do anything......

And two weeks later at another night club another shooter was stopped by an armed citizen......you anti gun people are liars

Murder is illegal be it single or mass. What's your point? That you won't admit banning pressure cookers is a good idea since it saves lives?

Making a bomb with a pressure cooker is illegal. Owning a mass killing gun is legal.

Cars are used legally by many millions each day. They are needed to transport people and goods. How many people need hi cap magazines?
So are guns. Who is committing crimes using guns with "hi cap magazines"? Maybe you should look into stop those people, not me.

And you are lying...again.....actual research into mass shootings show that magazine limits would do nothing to save lives...the shooters take their time and the time changing magzines vs. pulling the trigger is insignificant.....not one mass shooting casualty count would have been lower if you limited magazines......

The only armed guard ran from the fight to call for help....you then had 300 unarmed people in a confined space with no way to fight back.....300 people and according to your foolish ideas they should have rushed him as he reloaded....and you had him in the bathroom and on the main floor reloading in front of survivors and they couldn't do anything......

And two weeks later at another night club another shooter was stopped by an armed citizen......you anti gun people are liars

Because he was out gunned because you think people should legally own mass killing guns.

And you are lying...again.....actual research into mass shootings show that magazine limits would do nothing to save lives...the shooters take their time and the time changing magzines vs. pulling the trigger is insignificant.....not one mass shooting casualty count would have been lower if you limited magazines......

There are many. Start with Giffords.

There's where you Gun Grabbers always go wrong. It's not about 'Need.' That's completely irrelevant. It's your Constitutional Right to bear arms. If you choose not to, than so be it. But you don't have the right to infringe on others' rights.

There are many behaviors and practices i personally disagree with. But i have to accept and respect the rights of others. That's what our country is all about.

Last edited:

By saying hi cap magaizines you are lying......they are standard issue magazines for the guns....but you use that term to intimdate the uniformed into signing on to your gun grabber agenda....you get rid of magazines....and you get rid of whole categories of guns...including pistols.......which is the reason behind your tactic....

There are many. Start with Giffords.

And you lie.....we have been over this...the shooter advanced on a man he had shot and thought he killed, allowing the guy who was shot in the head, but grazed, to get up and tackle him......you know the story...that you are refusing to deal with it makes you the worst sort of Troll....

Making a bomb with a pressure cooker is illegal. Owning a mass killing gun is legal.

None of my firearms have ever killed anyone....well, maybe my bolt-action, 5-shot Mosin-Nagant. It's a military weapon made in 1943....and one of the firearms Hillary wants to ban.

vmMOSIN-NAGANT-M91-30.jpg

Forum List

Back