A minimum of $27 an hour is the wage needed in America for a modest one bedroom apartment.

Andrew_Jackson_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
That number goes up to over $32 an hour being necessary as a wage for a two bedroom apartment. Now a lot of new families in America that are starting to have children cannot afford to buy a house. It’s out of the realm of possibility because of the price of homes and 3x mortgage rates under Biden compared to Trump. So if they can afford to they are left with renting. Others have to live with their parents or in laws.

As I’ve said many times this is the greatest issue in this country. The general cost-of-living including food, housing, clothing, automobiles, etc. Especially for the America first people they know this I think they accept it, but the Democrats seem to be either unaware of it or they don’t care about it. They are busy calling Trump a white supremacist or a sexist. Saying we need to “save democracy” by voting for Harris without knowing her policies. Or The foreign wars which have no effect on America and our funding of them.

This issue needs to be front and center for Republicans and Democrats. They can talk about the foreign wars. And other issues, but this certainly is the number one issue. Simply put a weaker America would lead to a weaker world.

Last edited:
That number goes up to over $32 an hour being necessary as a wage for a two bedroom apartment. Now a lot of new families in America that are starting to have children cannot afford to buy a house. It’s out of the realm of possibility because of the astronomical, price of homes and three times mortgage rates under Biden compared to Trump. So if they can afford to they are left with renting.

But yes imagine that this is happening in a very short period of time where the housing costs, including rent has jumped up astronomically to the point of where the minimum wage is required on average in America for a one bedroom apartment is $27 an hour.

As I’ve said many times, this is the greatest issue in this country. Especially for the America first people they know this I think they accept it, but the Democrats seem to be either unaware of it or they don’t care about it. They could too concerned about calling Trump, a white supremacist or a sexist. Or The foreign wars which have no effect on America and our funding of them.

This issue needs to be front and center for Republicans and Democrats. They can talk about the foreign wars. And other issues, but this certainly is the number one issue. Simply a weaker America would lead to a weaker world.
No it’s not.

Shut the hell up.

That number goes up to over $32 an hour being necessary as a wage for a two bedroom apartment. Now a lot of new families in America that are starting to have children cannot afford to buy a house. It’s out of the realm of possibility because of the price of homes and 3x mortgage rates under Biden compared to Trump. So if they can afford to they are left with renting. Others have to live with their parents or in laws.

But yes imagine that this is happening in a very short period of time where the housing costs, including rent has jumped up astronomically to the point of where the minimum wage is required on average in America for a one bedroom apartment is $27 an hour.

As I’ve said many times, this is the greatest issue in this country. Especially for the America first people they know this I think they accept it, but the Democrats seem to be either unaware of it or they don’t care about it. They could too concerned about calling Trump, a white supremacist or a sexist. Or The foreign wars which have no effect on America and our funding of them.

This issue needs to be front and center for Republicans and Democrats. They can talk about the foreign wars. And other issues, but this certainly is the number one issue. Simply a weaker America would lead to a weaker world.
No problem, just take a trip over the border and come back in as an illegal.....no more money problems!

As I’ve said many times this is the greatest issue in this country. The general cost-of-living including food, housing, clothing, automobiles, etc. Especially for the America first people they know this I think they accept it, but the Democrats seem to be either unaware of it or they don’t care about it. They could too concerned about calling Trump, a white supremacist or a sexist. Or The foreign wars which have no effect on America and our funding of them.

It is stupid to put "US" price on anything.

A one bedroom apartment in Chicago is going to be a lot more than one in Red Bud Ill.

Harpy Eagle

14 out of 20 of the most common jobs in America pay less than the wage needed for a modest one bedroom apartment in America. 42% of our entire countries workforce are working these jobs.

And you’re a Democrat right? This is a monumental concern and you seem to be just laughing about it not only that but you’re mocking people who can’t afford a home bragging about the equity of your home. Which is also quite backwards because even if you sell, you’re just gonna have to buy at a jacked up rate.

Source is from Diane Yentel… The National low income housing coalition president and CEO. Hardly a right winger.

Put country before politics

14 out of 20 of the most common jobs in America pay less than the average wage needed for a one bedroom apartment in America.

There is no average wage needed for a one bedroom apartment in America.

There cannot be as prices vary too much from place to place.

How can this be confusing for you?

So what responsible thinkers do is make their living space match their income rather than wailing that they need more income to get the comfortable quarters they wish for

As I’ve said many times this is the greatest issue in this country. The general cost-of-living including food, housing, clothing, automobiles, etc. Especially for the America first people they know this I think they accept it, but the Democrats seem to be either unaware of it or they don’t care about it. They are busy calling Trump a white supremacist or a sexist. Saying we need to “save democracy” by voting for Harris without knowing her policies. Or The foreign wars which have no effect on America and our funding of them.

This issue needs to be front and center for Republicans and Democrats. They can talk about the foreign wars. And other issues, but this certainly is the number one issue. Simply put a weaker America would lead to a weaker world.

When that happens I'll need 58 dollars an hour for my pay at my job. In the end it will all just be chasing numbers and we will pay 11 dollars for a pack of bologna.

Raise minimum wage and all other wages have to go up and thusly the cost of everything will go up and in 5 years we will be right back here wanting 39 dollars for minimum wage.

When that happens I'll need 58 dollars an hour for my pay at my job. In the end it will all just be chasing numbers and we will pay 11 dollars for a pack of bologna.

Raise minimum wage and all other wages have to go up and thusly the cost of everything will go up and in 5 years we will be right back here wanting 39 dollars for minimum wage.
I don’t think it’s about necessarily raising the minimum wage. Rather it’s about fixing the economy bringing back strong middle-class jobs that we lost by the millions. And doing something about inflation. You see there’s a clear cut difference between the cost of living today under Biden compared to that under Trump. So that’s a very short period of time to see an astronomical hike in the cost of living.

Raising the minimum wage isn’t the number one concern. It’s about accepting the fact that the working class is getting crushed under Joe Biden. The cost-of-living was much much lower for the working class under Trump. It’s about figuring out how to confront the issues we have today.

Looking at Zillow for my zip code there are 2 bedroom apartments starting at $650 a month.

If that becomes the minimum wage inflation will increase the price of rental higher. It's a vicious cycle.

This is the end result of massive debt and injection of cash into the domestic market while corporations move jobs overseas. It's a lose/lose situation, It's crony capitalism and has been far worse since China seduced short term thinking, principle challenged leaders to change course in the fight against communism.

"Money, get away. Get a good job with more pay and you're ok"

Last edited:
Minimum wage was never intended to provide a living wage on its own. It’s basically a training wage. The only time I earned minimum wage was during my college years, at a part-time job.

By the time I graduated, with a marketable degree, I entered the workforce at about twice the minimum wage, and moved up from there until I was earning six figures (in today’s dollars) after 10 years in my career. That is what capable, motivated, disciplined people do.

For people who are incapable, unmotivated, or undisciplined, they might be stuck at or near minimum wage. In that case, they buddy up with someone (or are married) to split costs in half. There are 2-bedroom apartments going for $1200 in the poorer section of town, which means the McDonald’s worker earning $12 an hour, or $24,000 a year, can pay $600 a month.

So what responsible thinkers do is make their living space match their income rather than wailing that they need more income to get the comfortable quarters they wish for
Exactly, be resonsible, I am looking at a two bedroom tent for my family
1725557034512.png

Please explain exactly which Biden policies or programs caused housing and interest rates to go up

Forum List

Back