A Moment Of Clarity For White People

I had an experience this weekend that made me appreciate having intelligent white friends. We were out with our friends that happen to be white. They are white white but highly intelligent, very outspoken (non PC) and very direct. We were discussing college for our children and the mom made a statement that pretty much nailed it for white people. Her daughter (who I love like my own) wants to go to a prestigious college. Her mom said she didnt have enough going for her due to being the wrong color. She went on to say that if whites in the past had not held down Blacks there would be no quotas and college admission would be based on merit alone. It sobered me to think that my own daughter has a very high chance of getting into the college and my "adopted"daughter is virtually guaranteed to not get in unless she has a GPA of 4.8 or gets an athletic scholarship. I was impressed that my friends did not start whining about AA but understood the reasons for it and dealt with the situation as adults.
In other words, you both agree your daughter doesn't have the brains to get not a college on academics so the freebies based on race are a good thing

Yeah, we all pretty much know you feel this way.
No. My daughter has a higher GPA than hers. She also will probably qualify for an athletic scholarship as well. She pretty much has it made.

Here is the problem: She will probably face questions about her "qualifications" and assumptions about her having received preferential treatment. "Affirmative Action" breeds distrust and resentment between racial groups. How will that ever bring us together?

Obama is a perfect example of AA, he graduated Law School and apparently never heard of Judicial Review.

That's the kind of high caliber mind you get when you pick based on race instead of merit
I agree. Your POTUS is indeed high caliber but what does that have to do with the OP? Are you saying you are happy the status quo is a necessary evil to deal with the past evil?

I'm in favor of judging people based on their merits. When you pick based solely on race you get a POTUS who doesn't know how many states are in the USA
But thats what whites did for 350 years. Is it unfair now that the show is on the other foot?

My family got here just after 1900, we never owned a slave, so why should I have to pay for something I never did?

Because you benefited from it.

Was that you picking cotton in my backyard in the Bronx?

Lolz

You're a liar and a moron

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

I had an experience this weekend that made me appreciate having intelligent white friends. We were out with our friends that happen to be white. They are white white but highly intelligent, very outspoken (non PC) and very direct. We were discussing college for our children and the mom made a statement that pretty much nailed it for white people. Her daughter (who I love like my own) wants to go to a prestigious college. Her mom said she didnt have enough going for her due to being the wrong color. She went on to say that if whites in the past had not held down Blacks there would be no quotas and college admission would be based on merit alone. It sobered me to think that my own daughter has a very high chance of getting into the college and my "adopted"daughter is virtually guaranteed to not get in unless she has a GPA of 4.8 or gets an athletic scholarship. I was impressed that my friends did not start whining about AA but understood the reasons for it and dealt with the situation as adults.
In other words, you both agree your daughter doesn't have the brains to get not a college on academics so the freebies based on race are a good thing

No. My daughter has a higher GPA than hers. She also will probably qualify for an athletic scholarship as well. She pretty much has it made.

Here is the problem: She will probably face questions about her "qualifications" and assumptions about her having received preferential treatment. "Affirmative Action" breeds distrust and resentment between racial groups. How will that ever bring us together?

Affirmative action was never meant to bring anyone together.
It was always just about black vs. white.

Affirmative action was never meant to bring anyone together.
It was always just about black vs. white.

Regardless of its intent, AA has resulted in the most racially polarized society we have had in 50 years.

Obama is a perfect example of AA, he graduated Law School and apparently never heard of Judicial Review.

That's the kind of high caliber mind you get when you pick based on race instead of merit
I agree. Your POTUS is indeed high caliber but what does that have to do with the OP? Are you saying you are happy the status quo is a necessary evil to deal with the past evil?

We owe you people nothing. We would be better off without you. You would be lost without us.

We do not hold you down. We lift you up. Your weight is becoming difficult to bear.

"you people". Your post is a pile of shit.

GAWD I get so sick of ignorant racists.

The whole " you benefited from slavery " argument is bunk. By that logic, so did you. You benefit everyday from slavery and its results.

What about mixed kids? Do they only have to pay half the tax?

The whole thing is bunk.

So did anyone whoever entered the Country. Are they obligated to pay the whole " sorry about the slavery, jim crow thing even though I was never here " tax?

We owe you people nothing. We would be better off without you. You would be lost without us.

We do not hold you down. We lift you up. Your weight is becoming difficult to bear.

How do you feel about the OP's author?

Interesting thought there boy.

Obviously you feel so many of us here are racists and. at least in the case of Gummo you do have a point and you say you're "sick" of racists. Yet you stay here and engage in what you seem to believe is "conversation" with so many of whom you are sick.

Is it Munchausen that drives you?

Masochism?

Or simply hypocrisy?

Way to embrace the exact same system that screwed blacks out of their just desserts years ago.

So I guess in 75 years, you losers who can't get into the good colleges on grades, will be paying us off to make up for the fact that you're holding us down now?

Thank you for the white trailer trash point of view :eek:

''The truth is that the Negro race is biologically inferior. Because most blacks are much less intelligent than most whites, few blacks should be admitted to college, and few blacks should be given jobs that require superior intelligence.

Because blacks have a much higher crime rate than whites they need to be subdued with a criminal justice system of ferocious cruelty.

Because blacks tend to be highly sexed and immoral they should receive no help from the government for raising their legions of illegitimate children.''

It is true that blacks are less intelligent and more prone to crime.

I am beginning to think, however, that putting them all in jail is not the solution. Racial separation is.

Oh, come on now. Let the boy have his fun. If Asclepias weren't an ignorant racist, he would just be ignorant.

In college (70's), my roommate and I went to a basketball game with several black friends. During the National Anthem, we stood in respect while our black friends remained seated chanting "NOT 'TILL WE'RE FREE"!

Did we make a bad choice of friends? :dunno:

Oh, come on now. Let the boy have his fun. If Asclepias weren't an ignorant racist, he would just be ignorant.
Are there black people in norweg?

Are there black people in norweg?
No. We never had an affirmative action program.

I'm in favor of judging people based on their merits. When you pick based solely on race you get a POTUS who doesn't know how many states are in the USA
But thats what whites did for 350 years. Is it unfair now that the shoe is on the other foot and for less time?

So --- do you really believe that getting a seat at a college GUARANTEES merit? If you get in without it --- are you gonna leave with it? If you are -- I won't be skeptical of the next "leader" that has no clue how stuff works with an AA history.

Think you're overestimating the benefit of AA as applied to college. Puts pressure on black kids who maybe shouldn't be a token admission..
IMO -- that pressure ought to be on them for the PREVIOUS 12 years. The outcome would be far superior..

I dont care if it brings us together. Anyone stupid enough to have a problem with it belongs on the other side of the river anyway.

Forum List

Back