A Moment Of Clarity For White People

Obama is a perfect example of AA, he graduated Law School and apparently never heard of Judicial Review.

That's the kind of high caliber mind you get when you pick based on race instead of merit
I agree. Your POTUS is indeed high caliber but what does that have to do with the OP? Are you saying you are happy the status quo is a necessary evil to deal with the past evil?

I'm in favor of judging people based on their merits. When you pick based solely on race you get a POTUS who doesn't know how many states are in the USA
But thats what whites did for 350 years. Is it unfair now that the shoe is on the other foot and for less time?

So --- do you really believe that getting a seat at a college GUARANTEES merit? If you get in without it --- are you gonna leave with it? If you are -- I won't be skeptical of the next "leader" that has no clue how stuff works with an AA history.

Think you're overestimating the benefit of AA as applied to college. Puts pressure on black kids who maybe shouldn't be a token admission..
IMO -- that pressure ought to be on them for the PREVIOUS 12 years. The outcome would be far superior..
I'm not really concerned with what someone white calls merit. As long as it changes the family tree of 1 more Black person for the better then I am all for it. I think white people put too much stock in what they think. As a Black person I could care less. The whole point is to show Black people there is opportunity by getting more education and working hard. Like I said earlier, if you are white and have a problem with it blame your ancestors who got away with 350 years of white AA.

I had an experience this weekend that made me appreciate having intelligent white friends. We were out with our friends that happen to be white. They are white white but highly intelligent, very outspoken (non PC) and very direct. We were discussing college for our children and the mom made a statement that pretty much nailed it for white people. Her daughter (who I love like my own) wants to go to a prestigious college. Her mom said she didnt have enough going for her due to being the wrong color. She went on to say that if whites in the past had not held down Blacks there would be no quotas and college admission would be based on merit alone. It sobered me to think that my own daughter has a very high chance of getting into the college and my "adopted"daughter is virtually guaranteed to not get in unless she has a GPA of 4.8 or gets an athletic scholarship. I was impressed that my friends did not start whining about AA but understood the reasons for it and dealt with the situation as adults.
In other words, you both agree your daughter doesn't have the brains to get not a college on academics so the freebies based on race are a good thing

Yeah, we all pretty much know you feel this way.
No. My daughter has a higher GPA than hers. She also will probably qualify for an athletic scholarship as well. She pretty much has it made.

Here is the problem: She will probably face questions about her "qualifications" and assumptions about her having received preferential treatment. "Affirmative Action" breeds distrust and resentment between racial groups. How will that ever bring us together?

Affirmative action was never meant to bring anyone together.
It was always just about black vs. white.

Regardless of its intent, AA has resulted in the most racially polarized society we have had in 50 years.

Only because white wingers don't give up their privilege easily.

Obama is a perfect example of AA, he graduated Law School and apparently never heard of Judicial Review.

That's the kind of high caliber mind you get when you pick based on race instead of merit
I agree. Your POTUS is indeed high caliber but what does that have to do with the OP? Are you saying you are happy the status quo is a necessary evil to deal with the past evil?

I'm in favor of judging people based on their merits. When you pick based solely on race you get a POTUS who doesn't know how many states are in the USA
But thats what whites did for 350 years. Is it unfair now that the shoe is on the other foot and for less time?

So --- do you really believe that getting a seat at a college GUARANTEES merit? If you get in without it --- are you gonna leave with it? If you are -- I won't be skeptical of the next "leader" that has no clue how stuff works with an AA history.

Think you're overestimating the benefit of AA as applied to college. Puts pressure on black kids who maybe shouldn't be a token admission..
IMO -- that pressure ought to be on them for the PREVIOUS 12 years. The outcome would be far superior..
I'm not really concerned with what someone white calls merit. As long as it changes the family tree of 1 more Black person for the better then I am all for it. I think white people put too much stock in what they think. As a Black person I could care less. The whole point is to show Black people there is opportunity by getting more education and working hard. Like I said earlier, if you are white and have a problem with it blame your ancestors who got away with 350 years of white AA.

So you don't care about the actual OUTCOME - only the GESTURE is important. Because the drop-out rate for misplaced black college students that get lured in to fill quotas is pretty damn high.

I had an experience this weekend that made me appreciate having intelligent white friends. We were out with our friends that happen to be white. They are white white but highly intelligent, very outspoken (non PC) and very direct. We were discussing college for our children and the mom made a statement that pretty much nailed it for white people. Her daughter (who I love like my own) wants to go to a prestigious college. Her mom said she didnt have enough going for her due to being the wrong color. She went on to say that if whites in the past had not held down Blacks there would be no quotas and college admission would be based on merit alone. It sobered me to think that my own daughter has a very high chance of getting into the college and my "adopted"daughter is virtually guaranteed to not get in unless she has a GPA of 4.8 or gets an athletic scholarship. I was impressed that my friends did not start whining about AA but understood the reasons for it and dealt with the situation as adults.
In other words, you both agree your daughter doesn't have the brains to get not a college on academics so the freebies based on race are a good thing

Yeah, we all pretty much know you feel this way.
No. My daughter has a higher GPA than hers. She also will probably qualify for an athletic scholarship as well. She pretty much has it made.

Here is the problem: She will probably face questions about her "qualifications" and assumptions about her having received preferential treatment. "Affirmative Action" breeds distrust and resentment between racial groups. How will that ever bring us together?

Affirmative action was never meant to bring anyone together.
It was always just about black vs. white.
You must not be educated about AA. Go look up what its about. You cant be this dumb and still tie your shoes in the morning.

So you don't care about the actual OUTCOME - only the GESTURE is important. Because the drop-out rate for misplaced black college students that get lured in to fill quotas is pretty damn high.
Changing the family tree for the better is the OUTCOME. Not changing the family tree would be an empty gesture. For all the drop outs there may be there are some that get ahead in life. I am satisfied as long as its just one. Even the ones that drop out cant deny they had a chance. Be patient. Its only been 60 years. Whites had AA for 350 years and you still have some scraping the bottom of the barrel.

AA and yet blacks still fail miserably. By now we should have expected some improvement but it's pretty much the demand for hard work that's racist and keeping them back.

AA and yet blacks still fail miserably. By now we should have expected some improvement but it's pretty much the demand for hard work that's racist and keeping them back.
Whites fail miserably and they had AA for 350 years. Talk to me about failure rates when Blacks have had it for half that time.

Changing the family tree for the better is the OUTCOME. Not changing the family tree would be an empty gesture. For all the drop outs there may be there are some that get ahead in life. I am satisfied as long as its just one. Even the ones that drop out cant deny they had a chance. Be patient. Its only been 60 years. Whites had AA for 350 years and you still have some scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Oh, I'm patient.. And despite your low view of my motives, I've seen some good outcomes from AA.. But my contention is -- if you want better outcomes, you would do MUCH BETTER to get kids to qualify for college (and with HS diplomas) and allow those merits to sort out where they go.. I'm not a fan of shotgunning square pegs into round holes. Too much wasted material when you do that..

Oh, I'm patient.. And despite your low view of my motives, I've seen some good outcomes from AA.. But my contention is -- if you want better outcomes, you would do MUCH BETTER to get kids to qualify for college (and with HS diplomas) and allow those merits to sort out where they go.. I'm not a fan of shotgunning square pegs into round holes. Too much wasted material when you do that..

Your request has what I call a logic loop. The parents are the ones that get the children better prepared. If they are not educated enough to do this it becomes a vicious circle. If the circumstances the kids live with undermines education then that also stops forward progress. The answer is AA. If the kids show enough moxy to try and get into college they are worthy of being there. People that whine about this need to look at the conditions their ancestors created.

Whites fail miserably and they had AA for 350 years. Talk to me about failure rates when Blacks have had it for half that time.
Indeed, whites have not failed. Black failure is apparent because of the success of others, white, asian, hispanic, jew and everyone else. A thousand years of AA would not be enough. It goes far, far deeper than hard work and AA. Clearly, playing victim and promoting the Sharpton school of black success will never work.

Indeed, whites have not failed. Black failure is apparent because of the success of others, white, asian, hispanic, jew and everyone else. A thousand years of AA would not be enough. It goes far, far deeper than hard work and AA. Clearly, playing victim and promoting the Sharpton school of black success will never work.
I think you meant "indeed whites fail". Are you claiming that the white guy that begs me for money at Walmart is successful and I'm the failure? Please don't make me laugh you meathead. :rofl:

With 350 years of AA there should not be one white person making less than 100K a year. You keep playing the victim and blaming AA for your lack of personal success. Too bad. Deal with it. My ancestors had to.

College quotas are illegal. My white children had no trouble getting into college.

College quotas are illegal. My white children had no trouble getting into college.

Its a very prestigious private college that has tons of competition. The reality is that this college does set aside spots for minorities, alumni students, and presses to take out of state students to make more money. Officially they may not use quotas but one look at their diversity tells you this is exactly the case. My wifes hair dresser has a daughter currently attending the same school on an academic scholarship and she only had 3.8 GPA. She is doing great there but if there really were no quotas she would not have gotten in.

We owe you people nothing. We would be better off without you. You would be lost without us.
You owe us everything. If not for us that picture of you in the avatar would be a literal reflection of your developmental apex.
NO we don't ,you owe yourself some more deep thinking on the subject. Just wondering,did African's ever help out in the slave trade? did African tribe not war against each other and take slaves? Look at Africa today running like a Swiss watch?
Your we are owed something isn't going to fly much longer. Whites do not own the market in bigotry and racism,the human race does. Stop playing the victim card,try playing to be a winner!

We owe you people nothing. We would be better off without you. You would be lost without us.
You owe us everything. If not for us that picture of you in the avatar would be a literal reflection of your developmental apex.
NO we don't ,you owe yourself some more deep thinking on the subject. Just wondering,did African's ever help out in the slave trade? did African tribe not war against each other and take slaves? Look at Africa today running like a Swiss watch?
Your we are owed something isn't going to fly much longer. Whites do not own the market in bigotry and racism,the human race does. Stop playing the victim card,try playing to be a winner!

YES whites do owe us something. They also owe themselves something. Its called simple respect. If you cant reconcile in your head the fact that your first European civilization learned from one of the last Black African civilization pretty much everything you know. then that's a denial issue.

What are you asking me about African slavery for? Did white people not enslave their own in Europe? Matter of fact you do realize thats were the word slave comes from? The Slavs.

I dont know what you mean something not flying much longer? You cant do shit about it. No one is asking your permission to think Black people are owed something. This country wouldn't exist without us. Whites do own the market in bigotry and racism. How do you think we got here to this point in our history? It wasnt because Black people forced whites to set up slavery and Jim Crow.

Last edited:

YES whites do owe us something. Theyalso owe themselves something. Its called simple respect. If you cant reconcile in your head the fact that your first European civilization learned from one of the last Black African civilization pretty much everything you know. then that's a denial issue.

What are you asking me about African slavery for? Did white people not enslave their own in Europe? Matter of fact you do realize thats were the word slave comes from? The Slavs.

I dont know what you mean something not flying much longer? You cant do shit about it. No one is asking your permission to think Black people are owed something. This country wouldn't exist without us. Whites do own the market in bigotry and racism. How do you think we got here to this point in our history? It wasnt because Black people did it.

Just another racist good luck in life. I owe you nothing

YES whites do owe us something. Theyalso owe themselves something. Its called simple respect. If you cant reconcile in your head the fact that your first European civilization learned from one of the last Black African civilization pretty much everything you know. then that's a denial issue.

I dont know what you mean something not flying much longer? You cant do shit about it. No one is asking your permission to think Black people are owed something. This country wouldn't exist without us. Whites do own the market in bigotry and racism. How do you think we got here to this point in our history? It wasnt because Black people did it.

Thanks.

Personally I agree. You specifically have done nothing to me. As a group whites have done enormous damage to Black people. The sooner you come to terms with that the easier it will be for you to facilitate being a winner in life.

Thanks.

Personally I agree. You specifically have done nothing to me. As a group whites have done enormous damage to Black people. The sooner you come to terms with that the easier it will be for you to facilitate being a winner in life.

You sure are delicate....I mean to feel the pain of your ancestor's is pretty amazing.
Hows the crack of the whip feel?

Thanks.

You sure are delicate....I mean to feel the pain of your ancestor's is pretty amazing.
Hows the crack of the whip feel?

People with high intellects are very sensitive to things because we are able to attain levels of contemplation you wouldn't be capable of. Its the excess of melanin we carry around that allows our synapses to fire faster. You wouldn't understand. Its a Black thing.

Forum List

Back