A Mothers Love Runs Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howey,

You're absolutely right. It's as valid a topic as any.

So I've changed the title to a less accusatory tone, removed the off topic and flame posts it generated thus far, and reopened it.

You started it in health and life-styles and that's a great forum for folks to have a grown up discussion about breastfeeding.

Anyone wishing to discuss THE ARTICLE POSTED, feel free to share your feelings and opinions about THE ARTICLE POSTED.

If you want to have a flame fest, we have a Sandbox out back that's designed for lighting your farts on fire.

As for this average Joe and breastfeeding a kid? I can dig it, but I can't relate.

Inspiring sight though... Next generation and all.

You Kids Rock!! :rock:

As for this average Joe and breastfeeding a kid? I can dig it, but I can't relate.

I can't relate either, but the fact that nearly 50% of women are sexually aroused from breastfeeding their child is intriguing to say the least.

What, if any, impact does this have on men and their relationships with children?

And what about society in general? Is it looked down upon by certain people and if so, should it?

It is not intriguing at all. It is a biological fact. And it has no bearing on relationships or society unless you are some mentally ill inflexible Leftytoon.

I can't relate either, but the fact that nearly 50% of women are sexually aroused from breastfeeding their child is intriguing to say the least.

What, if any, impact does this have on men and their relationships with children?

And what about society in general? Is it looked down upon by certain people and if so, should it?

Edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm serious about the trolling.

If the post you are about to submit is all about about your opinion of another member, it's probably a troll - Take it to The FlameZone.

Please think before you post.

I think the article explains it very clearly:

The hormones released during lactation explain some of the connection between breastfeeding and arousal. When a baby suckles at her/his mother’s breast, the nipple stimulation causes the release of prolactin and oxytocin. Affectionately known as the "cuddle hormone," "trust hormone," and "love hormone," oxytocin is also released in large quantities during childbirth, and in lesser quantities during hugging, touching, and orgasm. The release of oxytocin can sometimes cause uterine contractions, similar to those experienced during orgasm. Again, while these sensations may feel odd and uncomfortable in the context of breastfeeding, it does not mean this sexual desire is directed towards the child. It simply means these hormones are working properly!

The feelings are normal. Breast feeding and any accompanying feelings are all normal. A thought occurs to me: these hormones that are released during breast feeding, hormones which inspire love and trust, may be a reason why women need to or tend to feel love and affection for sexual partners. Whereas men are able to have sex without emotional entanglement, for most women, that is not usually possible. For women, in general, sexual activity and affection, if not love, go hand in hand. It may be because the hormones released during breast feeding are the same hormones released during sexual activity. Just a thought.

I think the article explains it very clearly:

The hormones released during lactation explain some of the connection between breastfeeding and arousal. When a baby suckles at her/his mother’s breast, the nipple stimulation causes the release of prolactin and oxytocin. Affectionately known as the "cuddle hormone," "trust hormone," and "love hormone," oxytocin is also released in large quantities during childbirth, and in lesser quantities during hugging, touching, and orgasm. The release of oxytocin can sometimes cause uterine contractions, similar to those experienced during orgasm. Again, while these sensations may feel odd and uncomfortable in the context of breastfeeding, it does not mean this sexual desire is directed towards the child. It simply means these hormones are working properly!

The feelings are normal. Breast feeding and any accompanying feelings are all normal. A thought occurs to me: these hormones that are released during breast feeding, hormones which inspire love and trust, may be a reason why women need to or tend to feel love and affection for sexual partners. Whereas men are able to have sex without emotional entanglement, for most women, that is not usually possible. For women, in general, sexual activity and affection, if not love, go hand in hand. It may be because the hormones released during breast feeding are the same hormones released during sexual activity. Just a thought.

Thanks. I think that maybe if men were to share in the joys of childbirth we wouldn't have as many skipping out on their families?

Good point. The 'joy' of childbirth but also the sense of responsibility. Women tend to immediately fall in love with the infant. That's necessary because she needs to care for it so it can survive. It's that instinctual behavior we see in animals.

Good point. The 'joy' of childbirth but also the sense of responsibility. Women tend to immediately fall in love with the infant. That's necessary because she needs to care for it so it can survive. It's that instinctual behavior we see in animals.

Fathers can fall in love with their infants too. The western practice of excluding men from the birthing event is unnatural. Having been there myself I know that the bond was there when she first opened her blue eyes. Breastfeeding is also natural and it is the western world that tried to supplant that with bottle feeding instead. Female breasts are erogenous zones and that is perfectly normal too.

The problem here pertains to western prudishness as opposed to what is natural and normal.

Why would anyone be surprised that women are aroused by suckling? You do understand that, in the real world, breastfeeding is not restricted to infants, don't you? Or is human sexuality one of those areas where you side with the prudes?

Why would anyone be surprised that women are aroused by suckling? You do understand that, in the real world, breastfeeding is not restricted to infants, don't you? Or is human sexuality one of those areas where you side with the prudes?

Ok so I have to ask..in what "real world" society do women breastfeed adults? Because the only time I've ever heard of adult breast feeding was in The Grapes of Wrath, and it definitely was not considered *run of the mill* behavior....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back