A neutral look at last night's debate...

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

The debate was expected to be an ugly one.
Vance's advisers said the senator was going to tear into Walz for misrepresenting his military record and letting Minneapolis burn during riots in 2020. Walz was going to paint Vance as a spineless sycophant who changed his core beliefs to please Trump.
Instead, the candidates engaged in mostly cordial exchanges, a surprising change in tone after the contentious showdown between Harris and Trump just three weeks ago.
The two men frequently conceded that the other made good points. They thanked each other repeatedly.
"Whether you vote for me or vote for Tim Walz, I just want to say I'm so proud to be doing this," Vance said.
After the debate ended, they embraced, shaking hands and slapping each other on the back.

This is a good take on last nights debate. It does not favor either side and does not attack either side.

Well worth the time to read it.

I thought both did well

A civil debate focused on the issues with no personal insults

The debate was expected to be an ugly one.
Vance's advisers said the senator was going to tear into Walz for misrepresenting his military record and letting Minneapolis burn during riots in 2020. Walz was going to paint Vance as a spineless sycophant who changed his core beliefs to please Trump.
Instead, the candidates engaged in mostly cordial exchanges, a surprising change in tone after the contentious showdown between Harris and Trump just three weeks ago.
The two men frequently conceded that the other made good points. They thanked each other repeatedly.
"Whether you vote for me or vote for Tim Walz, I just want to say I'm so proud to be doing this," Vance said.
After the debate ended, they embraced, shaking hands and slapping each other on the back.

This is a good take on last nights debate. It does not favor either side and does not attack either side.

Well worth the time to read it.
While all true, most unbiased sources say that Vance won.

Barring a complete and utter meltdown, VP debates never move the needle

Neither melted down. Both did well

Meh

I thought both did well

A civil debate focused on the issues with no personal insults
Yea, it was grand... Didn't swing a vote either way...

Neither person took or gave any real damage...
Idiots might be mountains out of mole hills but there is nothing there...

1727870447588.jpeg

Funny but true. I can't believe the most important issue to half the voters in this country, is the ability to murder their unborn and have the government pay for it.
Well....it was Americans fact checking to see if Walz was lying again.

I think Vance did more to look like a regular guy. More moderate than Trump

He speaks differently to the general public than a raging MAGA horde

This wasn't to sway voters as much as to set the stage for Vance’s Presidential bid for 2028.

Vance is popular, good looking, and comes across as a real human being.

That's what he was there to project and make known. He is someone who stated the truth in a hostile arena and didn't let it go. And we give big brownie points to someone who is not such a politician.

Forum List

Back