A Poll About Gun Control

Answer The Question!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not semantics at all.
The claim is that removing guns from people has caused crime rates to skyrocket...that simply isn't true.

Care to speculate why violent crime rates rose in England and Australia immediately following the confiscation of civilian owned firearms while at the same time crime rates where dropping in the US as the number of firearms and conceal carry permits were skyrocketing (yes, right word)?

I don't agree that the Australian violent crime rates increased any faster than before the ban.
As for the UK, who knows, I'm no criminologist but it appears to be one if the most crime-ridden countries in Western Europe.
A proliferating gang culture is one if the reasons being put forward.
Are you suggesting that the increase in crime is because of the restrictions on guns? How can you know that?

odd that in gun ban europe the only ones not having guns is the average honest citizen

It's amazing how many people would let the nut next door keep the gun(s). Either endangering the whole community or forcing the whole community to arm themselves just for the sake of allowing one nut case to have firearms. America making sense.

I take it you're not American.

If so?

Thank God!

Gun Control is the ability to hit what your aiming at.

Protected by the 2nd Amendment........

Which is attacked by the Leftist Loons all the time.

Which is more proof that leftist loons hate liberty.

that is what well regulated refers to in the 2nd amendment

I've been a co-owner of a gun shop for the past ten years I have a federal firearm license and I'm a pretty decent shot. I do pick and choose who I sell to and I have every legal right to deny selling to anyone I deem "questionable". Most of my business comes from law enforcement, good honest hard working Americans that put their lives on the line, even for the idiot liberals.

Care to speculate why violent crime rates rose in England and Australia immediately following the confiscation of civilian owned firearms while at the same time crime rates where dropping in the US as the number of firearms and conceal carry permits were skyrocketing (yes, right word)?

I don't agree that the Australian violent crime rates increased any faster than before the ban.
As for the UK, who knows, I'm no criminologist but it appears to be one if the most crime-ridden countries in Western Europe.
Are you suggesting that the increase in crime is because of the restrictions on guns? How can you know that?

odd that in gun ban europe the only ones not having guns is the average honest citizen

And yet the rate of gun homicides is so much less than in the USA.

i am not of the opinion that is better die by a knife or bat attack over a gun attack

Your ignorance is exposed in your belief that it is the fault of the gun.

Is it?

Europe is a fairly big continent.

And most European countries have a different method of reporting crime stats. In the UK for instance a gun homicide isn't counted unless there is a conviction for that homicide. In the US, suicide by guns is counted as a gun homicide, but not in the UK.

Which is more proof that leftist loons hate liberty.

that is what well regulated refers to in the 2nd amendment

I've been a co-owner of a gun shop for the past ten years I have a federal firearm license and I'm a pretty decent shot. I do pick and choose who I sell to and I have every legal right to deny selling to anyone I deem "questionable". Most of my business comes from law enforcement, good honest hard working Americans that put their lives on the line, even for the idiot liberals.

as it should be

i just get tired of the left confusing what well regulated means

I can tell you've been dying to bring that meme out but you've wasted the opportunity.
I don't believe that and have never said it.

Stick it on a picture and make a clever poster instead.
Get lots of likes from your friends

Is it?

And most European countries have a different method of reporting crime stats. In the UK for instance a gun homicide isn't counted unless there is a conviction for that homicide. In the US, suicide by guns is counted as a gun homicide, but not in the UK.
You're absolutely right.
I wasn't going to mention that to keep the discussion simple.

It's not semantics at all.
The claim is that removing guns from people has caused crime rates to skyrocket...that simply isn't true.

Then you're denying reality. The government supplied statistics have been provided here and elsewhere numerous times. They prove without a doubt that violent crime increased following the ban.

Which was only the case after the ban. Again, you can choose to deny reality, but it's not helping your case.

I'm suggesting there is no way the gun grabbers can associate civilian firearm ownership with violent crime rates. So please, leave law abiding citizens alone and focus on those that actually harm others.

Is it?

You're absolutely right.
I wasn't going to mention that to keep the discussion simple.

No need to keep things simple. Most of us conservatives are capable of critical thinking. Unlike the liberals who can only parrot Huffpo and Media Matters' talking points.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Then you're denying reality. The government supplied statistics have been provided here and elsewhere numerous times. They prove without a doubt that violent crime increased following the ban.

Which was only the case after the ban. Again, you can choose to deny reality, but it's not helping your case.

I'm suggesting there is no way the gun grabbers can associate civilian firearm ownership with violent crime rates. So please, leave law abiding citizens alone and focus on those that actually harm others.

Well said.

Too many times guns are blamed and not the individuals wielding them.

I serves little purpose, by either the left or the right, to make any comparisons between the U.S. and other countries when it comes to arms rights. Mirroring the same gun-rights policy of another country here will not have the same effect. Our issues are our own.

I can tell you've been dying to bring that meme out but you've wasted the opportunity.
I don't believe that and have never said it.

Stick it on a picture and make a clever poster instead.
Get lots of likes from your friends

Kudos for the snarky response, but my statement still holds true. You do believe it and your statement did say that.

Forum List

Back