A Post Christian America

"Let's be clear: while the percentage of Christians may be shrinking, rumors of the death of Christianity are greatly exaggerated. Being less Christian does not necessarily mean that America is post-Christian. A third of Americans say they are born again; this figure, along with the decline of politically moderate-to liberal mainline Protestants, led the ARIS authors to note that "these trends … suggest a movement towards more conservative beliefs and particularly to a more 'evangelical' outlook among Christians." With rising numbers of Hispanic immigrants bolstering the Roman Catholic Church in America, and given the popularity of Pentecostalism, a rapidly growing Christian milieu in the United States and globally, there is no doubt that the nation remains vibrantly religious—far more so, for instance, than Europe."

2.4 billion Christians? Yeah, not exactly extinct.....

And shrinking every day. Think about how many old christians die every day. Now think about how few 20 somethings go to church anymore.

I see many churches that were packed in the 70's are abandoned today. We use to have 10 Greek Churches in Metro Detroit. Today it's 5.

I went to this big beautiful church in Detroit. It use to be Catholic back in the 70's and 80's. A beautiful huge church. They moved out and a non denom church uses the building now. Of course they can't afford to put the AC on in the summer.

A dying breed.

A chilling repose about the youngsters, a lot want to outlaw religion...

Batshit wants to kill Christians.

Do you think genocide of Christians is a solid platform for the democratic party in 2016?

your mental illness is showing, again

What's new, these xtians are nasty as they come...just filthy

Yes the are really mentally ill sick in the head Their children should be protected

Forcing a religion on your children is as bad as child abuse

Read more: Richard Dawkins Forcing religion on your children is child abuse claims atheist professor Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You should call the police and report them! Please do it!!!

Better yet...why don't you approach Christian parents while stating your intent to *protect* their children from them?

Chop chop!

I have made up these little atheist flyers and whenever I see a kid I give them one. It lays out how their parents and preachers are lying to them and how there is no god.

At least they should be told both sides of the story so they can intelligently decide what they want to believe.

And shrinking every day. Think about how many old christians die every day. Now think about how few 20 somethings go to church anymore.

I see many churches that were packed in the 70's are abandoned today. We use to have 10 Greek Churches in Metro Detroit. Today it's 5.

I went to this big beautiful church in Detroit. It use to be Catholic back in the 70's and 80's. A beautiful huge church. They moved out and a non denom church uses the building now. Of course they can't afford to put the AC on in the summer.

A dying breed.

Detroit?

ROFL

Detroit would have been better off if hit by a nuclear bomb than what the democrats have done to it. Nagasaki has recovered, but Detroit is now the domain of rats and Muzzie Beasts.

There are more Christians today than any time in history.

A dying breed.

Detroit?

ROFL

Detroit would have been better off if hit by a nuclear bomb than what the democrats have done to it. Nagasaki has recovered, but Detroit is now the domain of rats and Muzzie Beasts.

There are more Christians today than any time in history.

What a dope. There are more people in the world than ever before in history.

And Detroit is on the rebound my friend. Do you see all the investors gobbling up Detroit? Mike Duggan is attracting business.

I'm not going to say Detroit is fixed, but you also have to realize that when you have a big city with 1 million residence, and you take all the jobs and send them overseas or to the suburbs, things are not going to be good no matter what city or what color the residents are.

And Democrats didn't fuck Detroit. Democrats were in charge of Detroit when Bush and the GOP fucked the global economy up.

I love it how you right wingers try to ignore Bush's Great Recession. Truly ignorant people.

Anyone proposing we outlaw religion is by definition un-American as I'm fairly sure that'd violate the 1st Amendment.

Would love to see religion disappear overnight, but trying to suppress or otherwise penalize religious expression has only ever made it more popular. People don't miss things they still have. Isn't until they're actually gone that they notice and start to care.

Anyone proposing we outlaw religion is by definition un-American as I'm fairly sure that'd violate the 1st Amendment.

Would love to see religion disappear overnight, but trying to suppress or otherwise penalize religious expression has only ever made it more popular. People don't miss things they still have. Isn't until they're actually gone that they notice and start to care.

Oh, you mean like when it disappeared overnight in Cambodia?
That was certainly a step forward for humanity, wasn't it...

And Detroit is on the rebound my friend. Do you see all the investors gobbling up Detroit? Mike Duggan is attracting business.

I'm not going to say Detroit is fixed, but you also have to realize that when you have a big city with 1 million residence, and you take all the jobs and send them overseas or to the suburbs, things are not going to be good no matter what city or what color the residents are.

And Democrats didn't fuck Detroit. Democrats were in charge of Detroit when Bush and the GOP fucked the global economy up.

I love it how you right wingers try to ignore Bush's Great Recession. Truly ignorant people.

Bush was President in 93. when Detroit slid into the sewer?

Well dayum...

I'm not Cambodian. I've never been to Cambodia and can't say it was on my to-do list. So I'm not instantly aware of what goes on there, nor do I care.

I'm not Cambodian. I've never been to Cambodia and can't say it was on my to-do list. So I'm not instantly aware of what goes on there, nor do I care.

Nobody said you were cambodian.

I said the disappearing religion thing certainly works well. Like in Cambodia.

Well dayum...

That was due to urban flight and it started well before 93. The recent catastrophy was due to the GOP's horrible economic policies. Detroit went from 1.5 million to 700,000 residence. Hell, there weren't even jobs in the burbs let along the city.

That was due to urban flight and it started well before 93. The recent catastrophy was due to the GOP's horrible economic policies. Detroit went from 1.5 million to 700,000 residence. Hell, there weren't even jobs in the burbs let along the city.

Detroit went into the shitter due to racist policies (anti-white) in the 70's. But the closing of the Ford Plant in 93' was the end.

Decline of Detroit - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I realize you're a partisan hack, but try not to be such a retard.

Batshit Bigot Boy really needs some new material. All his troll threads sound exactly alike. I guess the hateful little racist lacks imagination as well as a spine.

"Let's be clear: while the percentage of Christians may be shrinking, rumors of the death of Christianity are greatly exaggerated. Being less Christian does not necessarily mean that America is post-Christian. A third of Americans say they are born again; this figure, along with the decline of politically moderate-to liberal mainline Protestants, led the ARIS authors to note that "these trends … suggest a movement towards more conservative beliefs and particularly to a more 'evangelical' outlook among Christians." With rising numbers of Hispanic immigrants bolstering the Roman Catholic Church in America, and given the popularity of Pentecostalism, a rapidly growing Christian milieu in the United States and globally, there is no doubt that the nation remains vibrantly religious—far more so, for instance, than Europe."

2.4 billion Christians? Yeah, not exactly extinct.....

A dying breed.

Maybe... or maybe they have been 'taken up'"?

Most likely the church just abandoned the area in favor of building new churches in places where there are large Hispanic populations where they can still find enough people willing to be fleeced in the name of the Lord.

Well dayum...

What happened in 93?

Detroit went into the shitter due to racist policies (anti-white) in the 70's. But the closing of the Ford Plant in 93' was the end.

Decline of Detroit - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I realize you're a partisan hack, but try not to be such a retard.

You are showing me that Detroit went to shit when the Big 3 left? No shit! That's what happens when you take good paying manufacturing jobs out of a community. I saw a documentary on Compton or Watts California back when the Big 3 went there and there was a huge booming middle class community there. Then the big 3 left and now it's a ghetto. No surprise. If you don't get that then you are a hack.

Now we can discuss why they leave the black community. Crime. That would be a conversation to have in the black forum. LOL

When my dad worked for Ford in the 70's through to 2007, that plant in was full of blacks who lived in Detroit. They didn't move to the burbs where houses were $150K. They stayed in the city and bought $30K homes and $50K Caddys. They made good money and spent that money. But you right wingers said they made too much and you shipped their jobs off to China. Now you wonder why Detroit is broke? Stupid fucking white Americans.

Wixom Assembly Plant - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

What happened in 2007? Corporations fucked America.

Why didn't the liberal media tell you about all this? Because it's not liberal anymore. It was taken over in 96. They needed this act passed to help them steal the 2000 election. The media is no longer liberal or telling you the facts America.

Telecommunications Act of 1996 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back