A president shouldn't have free speech rights.....

A presidents words can cause the stock market to go up or down, influence people to do and say things, etc.
Citizens can do that, too.
The government doesnt have free speech. And the president is part of the government.

A presidents words can cause the stock market to go up or down, influence people to do and say things, etc. When you are an ordinary citizen I understand, but if you become the president your words matter. When you’re the president, it's not a game.
/——/ Gee, what we need is a presidential arbiter of truth.

A presidents words can cause the stock market to go up or down, influence people to do and say things, etc. When you are an ordinary citizen I understand, but if you become the president your words matter. When you’re the president, it's not a game.

So, let me see if I have this right, AirHead---- the highest office in the land should not have the right to enjoy the very liberties he is there to protect under our laws granted to all citizens?

You don't think things through very well, do you?

The problem is with the Stock Market if the President's words have any influence ... if you'll look, only the President's signature on legislative bills effects markets ... not words ...

If the President doesn't have Constitutional Rights, then he can't be prosecuted in a court-of-law ... which is what you want ...

So, let me see if I have this right, AirHead---- the highest office in the land should not have the right to enjoy the very liberties he is there to protect under our laws granted to all citizens?

You don't think things through very well, do you?
The Constitution doesnt afford its rights to the government.
There are laws against people in the government willingly lying to the people. It just never gets applied, unless they are orange, apparently.
There is even a law where public servants cant publicaly speak against the constitution. Such as trying to garner support for an unconstitutional law. It never gets applied either. Unless trump did it, of course.

The Constitution doesnt afford its rights to the government.
We are not talking institutions, we are talking individuals both in and out of office. If anything, they are afforded MORE rights. Political appointees routinely say and do things all the time with impunity that would get you or I thrown in jail. Case in point: Hunter's plea deal trying to give him total immunity against tax and gun felonies that other people get three years for the same crimes, or Joe Biden having boxes of classified papers STORED IN HIS GARAGE for decades that he took as a SENATOR where no such ability even exists.

There are laws against people in the government willingly lying to the people.
Willingly? How do you prove willingly, because I've seen people in office lie to the people about 10 million times. I'm still waiting for my $2500 savings from Obamacare.

It just never gets applied, unless they are orange, apparently.
TRU DAT.

There is even a law where public servants cant publicaly speak against the constitution. Such as trying to garner support for an unconstitutional law. It never gets applied either.
Several democrats have done that just recently. What about when Schumer called for violence and revolt against the SCOTUS when they found RvW unconstitutional? Then a guy shows up at one of their houses carrying weapons!

Unless trump did it, of course.
They would find Trump guilty even if he DIDN'T do it.

Political appointees routinely say and do things all the time with impunity that would get you or I thrown in jail. Case in point: Hunter's plea deal trying to give him total immunity against tax and gun felonies that other people get three years for the same crimes, or Joe Biden having boxes of classified papers STORED IN HIS GARAGE for decades that he took as a SENATOR where no such ability even exists.
Thats the law not being applied equally. And hunter isnt a political appointee.
Willingly? How do you prove willingly, because I've seen people in office lie to the people about 10 million times. I'm still waiting for my $2500 savings from Obamacare.
Such as shumer lying when he said he had proof trump colluded with russia.

Everyone has free speech rights, even Communists. That's what this country is all about. It is democrats who want to take democracy away by taking rights away.

I thought your middle name was FREEDOM…..what happen to “LIBERTY FOR ALL”?

When people join the military the volunteer to give up some of their rights in order to defend liberty for people like you that are too lazy and selfish to do so yourself.

There is no reason an elected official could not do the same thing. If they do not wish to, they do not run for office.

How in hell could a sitting president run for reelection if his free speech was muzzled?
Come on people, you're better than this.
They dont have free speech in their official capacity. They cant just say whatever they want like we can.
There are laws and supreme court rulings to back that up.

So you want a president that isn't allowed to tell the truth or speak his mind?

So basically you want a president that never talks and instead have someone else to just read pre written pre approved messages?

And if something bad is going on, even if it's the truth you don't want to know about it for fear of effecting stocks or might influence what people do?

Forum List

Back