A question about the US military

That doesn't show how FDR created a MIC, it only shows that military spending goes up in a time of war. Well DUH! Go back further and see how spending rose during WWI. You haven't justified anything relating FDR and the MIC.

See how the far left drones will deny the facts when presented..

The entire country was building for the war effort and the far left wants proof of known US history of WWII..

They have to deny that their GOD FDR is the one so they can justify their religious rants..

The military Industrial complex was built by FDR and WWII, but the only constitutional spending the Congress does is for the military..
I am well aware that FDR had a history of representing business interests. But the military industrial complex has always existed, it was not created by FDR. It always gets a boost in times of conflict, that is not unique to FDR either. Your graph illustrates clearly that military spending dropped off after the WWII, and began to rise again with the following conflict which transpired after FDR's death, thanks for making my case.

See how the far left drones will back pedal after claiming it was during the cold war after they have been shown the facts of who created it..

FDR created the military industrial complex in WWII..

The facts are there!
Backpedal? Are you stupid? I said the MIC has always existed, FDR did not create it. The cold war fed it and nurtured it to what it is today. You cannot justify your statement that FDR created the MIC nor can you show where I have backpedaled on my statements. You are the ideologue here, not me.

So far you have not offered any proof to show otherwise, the proof is there it is all the history books taught in schools..

You can deny it all you want, but it goes to show that you are a far left drone and you deny reality..

The facts are there
The facts are there
Yet you provide none.

Eisenhower, in his farewell address alerting Americans to the dangers of the MIC, suggested that the rise of the MIC was subsequent to the Korean war.

Eisenhower's Farewell Address to the Nation
Our military organization today bears little relation to that known by any of my predecessors in peacetime, or indeed by the fighting men of World War II or Korea.

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

The entire country was building for the war effort and the far left wants proof of known US history of WWII..

They have to deny that their GOD FDR is the one so they can justify their religious rants..

The military Industrial complex was built by FDR and WWII, but the only constitutional spending the Congress does is for the military..
I am well aware that FDR had a history of representing business interests. But the military industrial complex has always existed, it was not created by FDR. It always gets a boost in times of conflict, that is not unique to FDR either. Your graph illustrates clearly that military spending dropped off after the WWII, and began to rise again with the following conflict which transpired after FDR's death, thanks for making my case.

See how the far left drones will back pedal after claiming it was during the cold war after they have been shown the facts of who created it..

The facts are there!
Backpedal? Are you stupid? I said the MIC has always existed, FDR did not create it. The cold war fed it and nurtured it to what it is today. You cannot justify your statement that FDR created the MIC nor can you show where I have backpedaled on my statements. You are the ideologue here, not me.

So far you have not offered any proof to show otherwise, the proof is there it is all the history books taught in schools..

You can deny it all you want, but it goes to show that you are a far left drone and you deny reality..

The facts are there
The facts are there
Yet you provide none.

Eisenhower, in his farewell address alerting Americans to the dangers of the MIC, suggested that the rise of the MIC was subsequent to the Korean war.

Our military organization today bears little relation to that known by any of my predecessors in peacetime, or indeed by the fighting men of World War II or Korea.

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

The military isn't a robot ( yet). It consists of people who earn a living, spending money and pay taxes.

Last edited:

The facts are there!

The facts are there
The facts are there
Yet you provide none.

And they still deny that FDR created the Military Industrial Complex..

Eisenhower help create the interstate system we use today to better move military equipment around better..

Yes the far left is reaching!

20120829_military.png

The facts are in the numbers!

usgs_piecol.php

Total Government Spending for 1942 - Charts Tables History

The facts are there!

The facts are there
The facts are there
Yet you provide none.

The military isn't a robot ( yet). It consists of people who earn a living, spend money and pay taxes.

The military contracts to build weapons, ships and planes benefits the (D) party the most as they support unionized labor..

As I said, there is a difference between a soldier whose claim to service is to prevent terrorism, than a soldier whose claim to service is "protecting my rights."
So you don't take the US Constitution seriously when it says we have "the right to LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", do you???
No, I don't care much for the constitution. I bet that will get your panties all bunched up, wont it?

It's kind of hard to enjoy those RIGHTS (especially the first one), if the terrorists kill you...
Sorry, I don't need the US military to protect me from terrorism. So far I have managed fine protecting myself. Maybe you and others need that kind of parental babying, in which case I understand why you all suck the militaries cock, the very military that is controlled by a man I believe you hate (Barack Obama)

You havent done shit to protect anyone from terrorist and you never will.
You're either a troll or a complete moron.
Would you prefer he shoved a gloved hand up grannys ass to "check for weapons"? Would he be your hero then ?

I dont care to hear about your fetishes.

...Backpedal? Are you stupid? I said the MIC has always existed, FDR did not create it...
Yes and No.

The Military-Industrial Complex is the successor to the less well-defined War Profiteers of times past.

There have been War Profiteers associated with most organized human warfare, stretching back into the mists of prehistory.

In this country, War Profiteers rose and fell with the mobilizing and demobilizing of the Republic's early military forces, which mostly existed on an as-needed basis.

The first glimmers of a more permanent and related industrial infrastructure probably came during the decades spanning the Mexican-American and the American Civil Wars.

After the Civil War, we chose to maintain a continuous and sizable military; at first for Reconstruction purposes, then the Indian Wars, expansionism, the Spanish-American War, various Central and South American and Caribbean Basin interventions and adventures, the Mexican Expedition, and so on.

All of that strengthened the handful of companies already in existence for purposes of producing armaments, and spawned a number of others; most of those surviving into the World War I time frame - an era that spawned others, and which first triggered the conversion of mainstream civilian manufacturing capacity into wartime armament production.

It was during that conflict that we first saw War Profiteering on a global scale, as we ramped-up to become the so-called Arsenal of Democracy; putting huge fortunes into the hands of a few on the backs and owing to the sweat of millions of workers who sublimated their own interests to those of the greater whole.

The industrialists, however, never forgot the huge profits to be made, and neither did the War Department of those years, and a firm alliance was born between our military and our industrial capacity which has existed from that time to our own in a recognizable form; sometimes at the forefront, sometimes lying dormant, but usually raking-in excellent profits in keeping with the scale of the contracts awarded.

WWII, of course, re-awakened that Sleeping Beast, and, in truth, it has never gone back to sleep, since those times.

After all, when you're manufacturing so much excess that you're not only equipping your own fighters, but contributing mightily to the arming of all your friends, you're going to make tons of money, while creating the weapons by which global war can be won.

And, of course, afterwards, being the only Major Power left standing on its feet, relatively unscathed, and with a ton of cash in your pockets, you're the only one capable of playing Policeman, and there's a big price-tag for that, swords to be made, and huge profits to be reaped, when playing that role on a global scale.

It's been 70 years since the end of WWII, and we're still playing Policeman, or, at least, well-prepared First Responder, when the shit hits the fan, in some region or another.

That takes lots of weaponry, and lots of money.

...The cold war fed it and nurtured it to what it is today. You cannot justify your statement that FDR created the MIC nor can you show where I have backpedaled on my statements. You are the ideologue here, not me.
The Cold War did, indeed, feed the Military-Industrial Complex, and nurture it into what it has become today.

The foundations were laid in the 1840s and 1850s and 1860s, and the cornerstones were laid between the American Civil War and WWI, with that First World War and the interim between wars establishing and defining The Beast we know today, with WWII aging and maturing The Beast, and with the Cold War finalizing the way The Beast operates today.

Gulf War I, Gulf War II, Afghanistan, etc., while smaller-scale in nature, have spawned tremendous profits, entirely disproportionate to the scale of the conflict.

It would appear that the Military-Industrial Complex has reached full maturity and flexes its political muscle on a regular basis.

However, it does not control the Republic nor its organs of government, nor The People themselves, who are, ultimately, the true masters of our nation.

It is up to The People, in their wisdom, to decide the extent to which a Military-Industrial Complex is a good thing, a necessary evil, or in conflict with our best interests.

Denigrating our armed forces, their mission, their service, their motives, their intelligence, and their loyalty to the Republic, its People, and its Constitution, is shameful.

Last edited:

The facts are there!

The facts are there
The facts are there
Yet you provide none.

The military isn't a robot ( yet). It consists of people who earn a living, spend money and pay taxes.

The military contracts to build weapons, ships and planes benefits the (D) party the most as they support unionized labor..

UMmm I think there's some crumbs left over for the military contractors . They seem to do pretty good.

The facts are there
The facts are there
Yet you provide none.

UMmm I think there's some crumbs left over for the military contractors . They seem to do pretty good.

My understanding is that their profits and rates of return do tend to be better that S&P averages, but not by crazy amounts, especially given the high quality of American military tech we tend to get.

IMO.

Do you really want your fellow Citizens going to war armed and armored by gear built by the lowest possible bidder?

The facts are there
The facts are there
Yet you provide none.

See the far left hates anything not far left!

Why does the far left hate unions?

The facts are there
The facts are there
Yet you provide none.

My understanding is that their profits and rates of return do tend to be better that S&P averages, but not by crazy amounts, especially given the high quality of American military tech we tend to get.

IMO.

Do you really want your fellow Citizens going to war armed and armored by gear built by the lowest possible bidder?

Do you want the government to rich off you as you become more poor?

Then again, maybe not. It could just be his repeating the lies his comrades have fed him
You have a mistaken thought process.... it's NOT the military you should hate, but the POLITICIANS on both sides of the aisle that are able to ORDER our fine DEFENSIVE FORCE to do things they were not designed to do!

You are giving undue absolution to soldiers. Like it or not, our "defense forces" more or less volunteered to make military service their career. If you want to serve in a true defense force, come to me and I'll sign you up with a militia.

You are responsible for who you fight for. I don't care about all of the heroic acts of defiance Rommel committed, at the end of the day, he was still a nazi backed general to the day he died. Just following orders doesn't fly with me anymore.

Absolution to soldiers for what?
Oink thinks his militia will be pure. He is not " one of those men ".

He/she sounds a bit confused.

Or possibly Russian. I have noticed and eventually found out a few with similar nonsensical postings, before.
No, I don't care much for the constitution.

your first posts i thought you were just an ignorant teen, later posts i thought you were just stupid..., now i believe you are a fucking traitor that should be deported to China.., BTW what nationality are you? certainly not a native born American. i am betting you will refuse to answer that question also..., will you????

you really are,
stupid-jpg.57953

All one has to do is read his signature and then realize who he is quoting, known as the father of spin.

Edward Louis James Bernays (/bərˈneɪz/;German: [bɛɐ̯ˈnaɪs]; November 22, 1891 − March 9, 1995) was an Austrian-American pioneer in the field of public relations andpropaganda, referred to in his obituary as "the father of public relations".[1] He combined the ideas of Gustave Le Bon and Wilfred Trotteron crowd psychology with thepsychoanalytical ideas of his uncle, Sigmund Freud.

He felt this manipulation was necessary in society, which he regarded as irrational and dangerous as a result of the "herd instinct" that Trotter had described.[2] Adam Curtis's award-winning 2002 documentary for the BBC, The Century of the Self, pinpoints Bernays as the originator of modern public relations, and Bernays was named one of the 100 most influential Americans of the 20th century by Life magazine.[3]

Then again, maybe not. It could just be his repeating the lies his comrades have fed him
You have a mistaken thought process.... it's NOT the military you should hate, but the POLITICIANS on both sides of the aisle that are able to ORDER our fine DEFENSIVE FORCE to do things they were not designed to do!

You are giving undue absolution to soldiers. Like it or not, our "defense forces" more or less volunteered to make military service their career. If you want to serve in a true defense force, come to me and I'll sign you up with a militia.

You are responsible for who you fight for. I don't care about all of the heroic acts of defiance Rommel committed, at the end of the day, he was still a nazi backed general to the day he died. Just following orders doesn't fly with me anymore.

Comrades....as in teachers/professors, probably...

Exactly.

Comrades....as in teachers/professors, probably...

The real corporations that make out is the mining industry...
Practically Every company on the fortune 500 can thank the US military for keeping them safe. CIA and FBI and cops too. Corporations like GE pay zero taxes? That's fucked up

Yes and you far left drones voted for Obama that allowed that happen.. Congrats on you voting for worse than Bush twice..
Only a far right drone would say that

Forum List

Back