A Question for Rightwingers

Would you support mandated concealed carry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Jillian why are non right wingers voting in your poll? They are giving a false number when they do that. became half of those voting no about carry cancel would vote yes about obamacare.

Apparently, the always irascible Allen West says that if we have to pay for health care, we should have to buy glocks.

Now where are all the geniuses who didn't quite understand the analogy or my question? :eusa_whistle:

Allen West Response to ObamaTax: Everyone Should Buy a Glock 9mm or We'll Tax You - Katie Pavlich

http://www.usmessageboard.com/5566810-post1.html

She knows. That's why she didn't start another thread. It's just ironic this thread was all melty, and then one of your very own Teabagging reps hypothesized the same thing.

Apparently, the always irascible Allen West says that if we have to pay for health care, we should have to buy glocks.

Now where are all the geniuses who didn't quite understand the analogy or my question? :eusa_whistle:

Allen West Response to ObamaTax: Everyone Should Buy a Glock 9mm or We'll Tax You - Katie Pavlich

You're telepathetic!!

Not withstanding the torrent of abuse heaped on me by certain trolls, the question was a reasonable one.

And as I suspected, a good many would be perfectly fine with the glock mandate. And they'd be fine with a state mandate. I'm 99 44/100% certain, they'd have been fine with it if bush signed the heritage foundation plan into law and would have said it gave leeches "personal responsibility".

Which proves my point that the offense the right is feeling is because it was signed by this president.

You're telepathetic!!

Not withstanding the torrent of abuse heaped on me by certain trolls, the question was a reasonable one.

And as I suspected, a good many would be perfectly fine with the glock mandate. And they'd be fine with a state mandate. I'm 99 44/100% certain, they'd have been fine with it if bush signed the heritage foundation plan into law and would have said it gave leeches "personal responsibility".

Which proves my point that the offense the right is feeling is because it was signed by this president.
The difference is West is being tongue-in-cheek about a mandate. Obama wasn't.

I don't think anyone takes the concept of a glock mandate seriously, including west.

It's just silliness to make a point, and the point was made. But naturally the left is going to pretend it's all serious and shit.

I don't think anyone takes the concept of a glock mandate seriously, including west.

It's just silliness to make a point, and the point was made. But naturally the left is going to pretend it's all serious and shit.

As my thread was intended to make a point. Yet it threw some of the wingier people into a tizzy

I would also point out that there are eight people honest enough to acknowledge in my poll that they'd be fine with a gun mandate.

Now where is Two Thumbs? He said I couldn't find two conservatives who would say a gun mandate is ok. :eusa_whistle:

As my thread was intended to make a point. Yet it threw some of the wingier people into a tizzy

I would also point out that there are eight people honest enough to acknowledge in my poll that they'd be fine with a gun mandate.

Now where is Two Thumbs? He said I couldn't find two conservatives who would say a gun mandate is ok. :eusa_whistle:
Let's be honest you say? how many of those who voted no were right wingers and how many of those who voted no also supported obamacare mandate?
heck yes
buckeye45_73, Contumacious, copsnrobbers, cutter, Google, Leweman, NLT, WidowsSon32

heck no
AmericanFirst, amrchaos, Avatar4321, Avorysuds, Baltbelieve, bigrebnc1775, bripat9643, Charles_Main, Clementine, Conservative, daveman, daws101, dblack, Desperado, Dick Tuck, Dr.Drock, Dreadnaught1968, elvis, Ernie S., flacaltenn, Freewill, Full-Auto, Gem, Grampa Murked U, hjmick, hortysir, Intense, Jroc, JWBooth, Kevin_Kennedy, Mad Scientist, Meister, midcan5, NBarnes12, Nosmo King, paulitician, Pheonixops, PredFan, Rinata, salem.hills, The Professor, Two Thumbs, WillowTree, Zander, Zoom-boing

That is if honesty is what it's all about?

I skipped much of the middle pages here but I agree that it is a reasonable question especially as certain defenders of the individual mandate cited the Militia Act of 1792 as an instance of the federal government compelling private citizens to "buy" something, . . . to engage in commerce.

As I see it, without active militia law (at least along the lines of the 1792 Act) there could be no constitutional legitimacy for a federal mandate to arm ones self.

Let's be honest you say? how many of those who voted no were right wingers and how many of those who voted no also supported obamacare mandate?
heck yes
buckeye45_73, Contumacious, copsnrobbers, cutter, Google, Leweman, NLT, WidowsSon32

heck no
AmericanFirst, amrchaos, Avatar4321, Avorysuds, Baltbelieve, bigrebnc1775, bripat9643, Charles_Main, Clementine, Conservative, daveman, daws101, dblack, Desperado, Dick Tuck, Dr.Drock, Dreadnaught1968, elvis, Ernie S., flacaltenn, Freewill, Full-Auto, Gem, Grampa Murked U, hjmick, hortysir, Intense, Jroc, JWBooth, Kevin_Kennedy, Mad Scientist, Meister, midcan5, NBarnes12, Nosmo King, paulitician, Pheonixops, PredFan, Rinata, salem.hills, The Professor, Two Thumbs, WillowTree, Zander, Zoom-boing

All of the people voting yes are conservatives. That's more the point.

I find it interesting that you think if people aren't for a gun mandate, they're being dishonest because you know they REALLY are for a gun mandate.

If the truth doesn't conform to your bias, I guess you're not in error...it's the people you are trying to demonize who are "dishonest".

I find it interesting that you think if people aren't for a gun mandate, they're being dishonest because you know they REALLY are for a gun mandate.

If the truth doesn't conform to your bias, I guess you're not in error...it's the people you are trying to demonize who are "dishonest".

When the facts and Jillian's opinion disagree, so much for the facts.

I skipped much of the middle pages here but I agree that it is a reasonable question especially as certain defenders of the individual mandate cited the Militia Act of 1792 as an instance of the federal government compelling private citizens to "buy" something, . . . to engage in commerce.

As I see it, without active militia law (at least along the lines of the 1792 Act) there could be no constitutional legitimacy for a federal mandate to arm ones self.

How about supreme court ruling lewis vs. u.s. or miller vs. u.s.?

heck yes

heck no

All of the people voting yes are conservatives. That's more the point.

And those voting no, how many of them are not conservatives and supported obamacare, MY POINT.

You're telepathetic!!

Yup!

apparently, the always irascible allen west says that if we have to pay for health care, we should have to buy glocks.

allen west response to obamatax: Everyone should buy a glock 9mm or we'll tax you - katie pavlich

you're telepathetic!!

not withstanding the torrent of abuse heaped on me by certain trolls, the question was a reasonable one.

And as i suspected, a good many would be perfectly fine with the glock mandate. And they'd be fine with a state mandate. I'm 99 44/100% certain, they'd have been fine with it if bush signed the heritage foundation plan into law and would have said it gave leeches "personal responsibility".

bingo!!! ;)

You're telepathetic!!

Very well put.

Millions of Americans (law-abiding) carry every single day. Most of them never need to use the weapon (occasionally, they show it to a trouble maker and trouble STOPS). It must seem amazing to you (someone that believes if you are no threat, the aggressive and the bullies will ignore you), that there are that many people carrying with no incidences, day after day after day. You would think if they were the "fools" you judge them to be, there would be hundreds of shootings every day, and some places would be having shootouts at the parking lot (corral). Just goes to show that you, yes you, can be wrong about some things. Just think if you are that wrong about law-abiding citizens carrying weapons, what other areas have you misjudged?

I know I am wrong about some things. Who isn't?? But not this. Too many accidents happen and I just don't think it's worth it. Also, I don't get the feeling that people that just insist on carying guns are worried about protection. Look at Zimmerman. I just get the sense that he was not going to be happy until he shot someone. Look at his behavior!!! And I'm sure that there are plenty more like him. These are the fools I mentioned. Lastly, families have used a gun on each other in moments of extreme rage. And you don't get to go back and make a different decision. I'm against guns for many reasons.

At what point do liberals think you have a "right" to defend yourself? When you are jumped from the bushes? When you are being beaten? When someone is pounding your head on the concrete? When your brains start spilling from your broken skull? Please answer the questions.

When is it "worth" it? When you have enough money to hire bodyguards (that carry)? When the only people with guns are those subjugating the population? When someone with a gun is protecting you or your family? When a rabid dog is going after a child?

I get that "you" are against guns. Please wear a sign that says "I don't believe guns are necessary", and see how that works out for you. You seem to really enjoy the freedoms that gun ownership has provided for you, but now, you think it is okay to take away others' freedom (when you take away guns, liberty is the next to go). Take a serious look at history and how civilizations are taken down (first you disarm the population, and then when the gov't uses violence against the "subjects", there is no way to stop them).

Wow. What a typical right wing response. I was born and raised in Hollywood and have lived here all my life. I have never been robbed or assaulted. I don't put myself at risk and I've been okay. But if I had had an incident of some kind and shot someone, there is no gurantee that I would not end up in jail. You see it all the time.

Let law enforcement carry the guns. Lock your doors and windows and don't run around dangerous places in the middle of the night. That still doesn't mean nothing will happen, but you'll have a better chance at not having to, "defend yourself". I am more afraid of people like you with your itchy trigger finger than I am of someone trying to rob me.

Forum List

Back