A Question for Rightwingers

Would you support mandated concealed carry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know a lot of you have a gun thing going on...

how many of you would support the idea of mandated concealed carry?

I don't support the government mandating anyone's behavior.

I can respect that. But don't you think that from a societal perspective, it's better when certain types of behavior are mandated?

who gets to decide what social behavior is mandated? The party in power at the time? What happens when the power changes hands? Social mandates change too?

BTW, in regards to the actual thread subject and poll?

I am a card carrying NRA member... and I voted no. I believe I have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. That, in my mind, does not translate into a 'requirement' to do so.

I know a lot of you have a gun thing going on...

how many of you would support the idea of mandated concealed carry?

I can respect that. But don't you think that from a societal perspective, it's better when certain types of behavior are mandated?

Do you mean, you think it would be good if the gov't mandated that all citizens were Christians (that is sarcasm, BTW)? But if that, the best way to live, is deplorable to "mandate" so is anything (ANYTHING) else totally wrong to madate.

who gets to decide what social behavior is mandated? The party in power at the time? What happens when the power changes hands? Social mandates change too?

Well, as you can see, things always change when the party in power changes. So, yes, it's that. And in part, it's societal mores, which are always changing

]I will never understand the need of right wing nut buckets to carry a gun. I've said this many times. It would be like giving dynamite to a fool!!!

Well, if you never understood the need to carry a gun before you should clearly understand it now after reading about the new Roberts Tax.

The SCOTUS is supposed to be the bulwark of liberty instead is has been steamrolling over our Constitutional rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Well, as you can see, things always change when the party in power changes. So, yes, it's that. And in part, it's societal mores, which are always changing
Even more reason why the Founders valued individual liberties, choices, and freedoms.

Even more reason why the Founders valued individual liberties, choices, and freedoms.

It's finding a place to draw the line, though, huh?

Yeah, but a good number of the people whining about individual liberties are perfectly fine with infringing on the liberty of the people they don't agree with

It's finding a place to draw the line, though, huh?
I almost always draw the line at preserving individual liberties, choices, and freedoms. And, our Constitution was designed to limit such authorities of the government on individual liberties.

Yeah, but a good number of the people whining about individual liberties are perfectly fine with infringing on the liberty of the people they don't agree with

I see, you have the right to enslave me, force me to feed you, cloth you and pay for your pap smears.

And I have the right to roll over and play dead.

Then again, and as government is made of people, thank goodness the Constitution was designed to limit government's power to do so.

It's pretty simple: no matter what, follow the Supreme Law of the Land and things remain as fair as they can remain.

I almost always draw the line at preserving individual liberties, choices, and freedoms. And, our Constitution was designed to limit such authorities of the government on individual liberties.

I think most people are like that.

But let's look at this argument. You live in a nice, peaceful neighbourhood. Average houses in a nice surrounds. Everybody has a nice garden, there are hills as a backdrop. Not much going on here. One day, some dude turns up, builds a three storey house that is painted fluorescent pink and green with swirly patterns.

Do residents of the street have a say in that dude's sense of decor? Yes or no...

Last edited:

Then again, and as government is made of people, thank goodness the Constitution was designed to limit government's power to do so.

It's pretty simple: no matter what, follow the Supreme Law of the Land and things remain as fair as they can remain.

You didn't respond to my point.

Was the government designed to be limited?

If it was, then why would e have a geneal welfare clause? And why would we ever have moved away from the articles of confederation?

Again, if one supports a purportedly small government,newby would one think it ok to govern reproductive choice? Or to do something as abhorrent as interfere with the ability to make end of life decisions?

Small government shouldn't mandate unnecessary, unwarranted medical procedures not requested by a woman's doctor in order to govern morality

Seems that small government thing is quite selective

I see, you have the right to enslave me, force me to feed you, cloth you and pay for your pap smears.

It's more like this.

instead.jpg

I think most people are like that.

But let's look at this argument. You live in a nice, peaceful neighbourhood. Average houses in a nice surrounds. Everybody has a nice garden, there are hills as a backdrop. Not much going on here. One day, some dude turns up, builds a three storey house that is painted fluorescent pink and green with swirly patterns.

Do residents of the street have a say in that dude's sense of decor? Yes or no...
Of course, IF we were wise enough to have our 'hood have standards. And, the dude with the odd choices has to make a choice before he buys - does he forgo his pink house or does he buy property elsewhere.

Stupid persons do not inform themselves before purchase. We all have choices.

It's more like this.

instead.jpg

Well, that doesn't apply to me . I have brown skin, kinky hair and talk funny.

Rep. West Mocks Mandate: Let’s Force Everyone to Buy a Glock 9mm

“What will be next? If you don’t buy a certain type of green car, they will tax you. If you don’t buy a certain type of food, they will tax you,” Rep. West said.
“Well, I got a great idea: I believe for personal security, every American should have to go out and buy a Glock 9mm. And if you don’t do it, we’ll tax you. Now, I wonder how the liberals will feel about that one,” he added.

:clap2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W4_mgATjHQ"]Allen West: "Every American should have to go out and buy a Glock 9mm" - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back