A simple qst. for R-W'ers defending Trump on the NO tapes admission

Can't you get even one law right? In DC (it's different in maryland where Linda Trip did it) The federal statute allows parties to the conversation to record the conversation..

Comey isn't a "private party." He's an officer of the federal government. As such, he is not allowed to record people without a warrant or their explicit permission.

Wrong. If he's a party to the conversation, he can record anything he wants.

There may be state laws against it, such as maryland, but he's in Washington DC, and the federal statutes allow it.

Learn the law.
Post the statutes. You post that and i'll post the pictures of Trumps privates.

Furthermore it constitutes espionage. It would constitute a government wiretap without a warrant.

In a private business, your employer is free to record everything you do and everything you say. Those are the terms of your employment, and Comey was Trump's employee.

Can't you get even one law right? In DC (it's different in maryland where Linda Trip did it) The federal statute allows parties to the conversation to record the conversation.

Which means nobody can legally record Trump without being in the room. So when Trump cleared the room, the only people who could have recorded it are Trump and Comey, and Both said they didn't have tapes.
Furthermore it constitutes espionage. It would constitute a government wiretap without a warrant.

In a private business, your employer is free to record everything you do and everything you say. Those are the terms of your employment, and Comey was Trump's employee.

Can't you get even one law right? In DC (it's different in maryland where Linda Trip did it) The federal statute allows parties to the conversation to record the conversation.

Which means nobody can legally record Trump without being in the room. So when Trump cleared the room, the only people who could have recorded it are Trump and Comey, and Both said they didn't have tapes.

Comey isn't a "private party." He's an officer of the federal government. As such, he is not allowed to record people without a warrant or their explicit permission.

Comey didn't record anything. He made a memo documenting conversations he'd had with Trump that were UNCLASSIFIED. If the conversations were to be classified, Trump should have told him that at the beginning.

And yeah, there have been times that I've written memos at work documenting conversations that I'd had with other people and passed them on. There was no "leaking" because the conversations weren't classified.

And, don't tell me that everything the president says is classified, because otherwise that would mean that Trump is violating security protocols every time he tweets or bloviates at rallies or in front of the cameras.

Can't you get even one law right? In DC (it's different in maryland where Linda Trip did it) The federal statute allows parties to the conversation to record the conversation..

There may be state laws against it, such as maryland, but he's in Washington DC, and the federal statutes allow it.

Learn the law.
Wrong, asshole, he's an officer of the United States federal government. If he secretly recorded a conversation with a private citizen, that would constitute a government wiretap. That's illegal without a warrant.

You want to see the memos. File a FOIA to Mueller, but know they are exempt from FOI A release under exception 7(a)

Exemption (7)(A) provides for the withholding of a law enforcement record
This exemption protects an active law enforcement investigation from interference through premature disclosure.
Why, they're not classified, he said he gave them to a paper now prove the memos
Mueller is carrying on a law enforcement investigation DUH !!!

Mueller has the memos. As I said, if you want them, ask Muller for them.

Who said Mewler has the memos?
Comey, under oath more than once.

Where's the scandal in this? Smells like desperation to me.
The scandal is Tramp waiting for word from Putin whether he could sanitize the "tapes" Putin had of Tramp's meeting with Comey.
Obviously the answer was no, not without leaving evidence the "tapes" were altered.
And your evidence of this event is what?
Logic guided by experience!
There's plenty of evidence that Obama tapped Trump's private conversations.

BTW, Jim Jones was a Democrat.
LIAR!
Jim Jones was a CON$ervoFascist John Bircher and big supporter of Nixon.

The Black Hole of Guyana--The Untold Story of the Jonestown Massacre, by John Judge, 1985

With his new wealth, Jones was able to travel to California and establish the first People's Temple in Ukiah, California, in 1965. Guarded by dogs, electric fences and guard towers, he set up Happy Havens Rest Home.[98] Despite a lack of trained personnel, or proper licensing, Jones drew in many people at the camp. He had elderly, prisoners, people from psychiatric institutions, and 150 foster children, often transferred to care at Happy Havens by court orders.[99] He was contacted there by Christian missionaries from World Vision, an international evangelical order that had done espionage work for the CIA in Southeast Asia.[100] He met "influential" members of the community and was befriended by Walter Heady, the head of the local chapter of the John Birch Society.[101] He used the members of his "church" to organize local voting drives for Richard Nixon's election, and worked closely with the republican party.[102] He was even appointed chairman of the county grand jury.[103]

You truly have a way with hilarity.

Wikipedia is generally written at the 8th grade level on the Flesch-Kincaid readability scale. You should be able to handle it.

Or not.

Jim Jones - Wikipedia
YOU can edit Wiki with anything you want, but my source is this:
Journey to Nowhere, p. 220; "Jim Jones a Republican," LAT, 12/17/78 (John Birch); Daily World, 6/23/81 (Holsinger comments), and NYT, 11/24/78 ("helpful" reputation).

How ... interesting.

You want to see the memos. File a FOIA to Mueller, but know they are exempt from FOI A release under exception 7(a)

This exemption protects an active law enforcement investigation from interference through premature disclosure.
Why, they're not classified, he said he gave them to a paper now prove the memos

In other words, no one you can believe.

The scandal is Tramp waiting for word from Putin whether he could sanitize the "tapes" Putin had of Tramp's meeting with Comey.
Obviously the answer was no, not without leaving evidence the "tapes" were altered.
Prove it!

In other words, no one you can believe.
Those who say otherwise were NOT under oath!

They asked Trump to prove it months ago, Even longer ago then they asked him about the tapes. and he's produced NOTHING in both cases.

Bluff meet bluff.

You have no evidence, in other words.

Learn the law.
18 U.S. Code § 2511

(c)
It shall not be unlawful under this chapter for a person acting under color of law to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication, where such person is a party to the communication or one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception.

(d)
It shall not be unlawful under this chapter for a person not acting under color of law to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication where such person is a party to the communication or where one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception

I responded on another thread about the issue, and I am honestly asking this question of those FEW right wingers still capable of thinking on their own.....

What would you (right wingers) be saying today had COMEY stated, "....Trump better hope that the there are no tapes of our conversation....."???

Would you, today, be "excusing" Comey for the implication asserted in the above statement?
Trump said he said it to make sure Comey didn't lie.

But I think it also shows Trump is a liar. But like bush and Chaney supporters they'll defend them into bad wars and great recessions.

But then today even Trump admits there were no WMDs and bush crashed the economy

Deal

18 U.S. Code § 2511
(c)
It shall not be unlawful under this chapter for a person acting under color of law to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication, where such person is a party to the communication or one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception.
(d)
It shall not be unlawful under this chapter for a person not acting under color of law to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication where such person is a party to the communication or where one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception

So everyone who testifies under oath tells the truth?

Forum List

Back