A smarter Trumpless immigration reform is needed

Sure, whatever the laws allow and prohibit. Here is the best answer to the OP: Create a tough e-verify law with the fangs of a dire wolf, a more secure border, and a true reform immigration program.
whats your idea of reforming?
That would have to be a consensus bill out of Congress. The reform part would have to include paying back taxes, felons deported, and families not separated (if a felon in the family is deported, then the family has to make its decision to let the person go or to go with person). At the very least for me none of it can work without e-veryify and a more secure border.
soooo you basically just want amnesty. A historical failure. Why do you support failure?
Show me how with a strong e-verify and a more secure border, it will fail. But you are correct the Reagan amnesty and the subsequent Dem and Pub failures to enforce all the rules was a goat screw, yeah.

Sure, whatever the laws allow and prohibit. Here is the best answer to the OP: Create a tough e-verify law with the fangs of a dire wolf, a more secure border, and a true reform immigration program.
That would have to be a consensus bill out of Congress. The reform part would have to include paying back taxes, felons deported, and families not separated (if a felon in the family is deported, then the family has to make its decision to let the person go or to go with person). At the very least for me none of it can work without e-veryify and a more secure border.
soooo you basically just want amnesty. A historical failure. Why do you support failure?
Show me how with a strong e-verify and a more secure border, it will fail. But you are correct the Reagan amnesty and the subsequent Dem and Pub failures to enforce all the rules was a goat screw, yeah.
I want that. I want to end ALL incentives for them. They are not entitled to shit!
But I damn sure don't want to give them people amnesty. Its a slap in the face to our integrity, our LEGAL immigrants and our tax payers.

Illegals make up 3.5 percent of Americans, of that number how many work? That is, nanny rich kids, clean homes of the privileged, cut and groom their grass, pick blueberries and tomatoes in New Jersey or Cali fields, etc. Someone must hire them, you think? Does anyone ever mention these illegal enabling people? Romney's not alone here. I know several, you guys need to move up the class ladder maybe. lol

So then ask yourself as you check your China made watch, while watching your Taiwanese made TV, as you think about getting a foreign company owned beer, and check yourself in your Ikea mirror, reviewing your Malaysian made clothing, as the kids put away their Chinese made Walmart toys, and you warm up or cool down your Japanese car (if upper class your BMW or Mercedes), and you think to yourself it's those darn illegals if it wasn't for them....Immigration | Amnesty in USA - History And Facts

I want that. I want to end ALL incentives for them. They are not entitled to shit! But I damn sure don't want to give them people amnesty. Its a slap in the face to our integrity, our LEGAL immigrants and our tax payers.
You will have to compromise: about 3 out of 4 want reform. I am quite willing to deny citizenship to anyone who came illegally.

Illegals make up 3.5 percent of Americans, of that number how many work? That is, nanny rich kids, clean homes of the privileged, cut and groom their grass, pick blueberries and tomatoes in New Jersey or Cali fields, etc. Someone must hire them, you think? Does anyone ever mention these illegal enabling people? Romney's not alone here. I know several, you guys need to move up the class ladder maybe. lol

So then ask yourself as you check your China made watch, while watching your Taiwanese made TV, as you think about getting a foreign company owned beer, and check yourself in your Ikea mirror, reviewing your Malaysian made clothing, as the kids put away their Chinese made Walmart toys, and you warm up or cool down your Japanese car (if upper class your BMW or Mercedes), and you think to yourself it's those darn illegals if it wasn't for them....

Immigration | Amnesty in USA - History And Facts
illegals aren't americans. I stopped reading after the first sentence. I just assumed the rest of your post was as fallacious as your first sentence.

I want that. I want to end ALL incentives for them. They are not entitled to shit! But I damn sure don't want to give them people amnesty. Its a slap in the face to our integrity, our LEGAL immigrants and our tax payers.
You will have to compromise: about 3 out of 4 want reform. I am quite willing to deny citizenship to anyone who came illegally.
public opinion doesn't mean shit to my beliefs. I don't support failure. Sorry.

Your ability to affect the coming result is now and will be a failure. Whoever is president, no mass deportations will occur. Immigration reform will happen. I don't support "I don't like it" as an answer.

Your ability to affect the coming result is now and will be a failure. Whoever is president, no mass deportations will occur. Immigration reform will happen. I don't support "I don't like it" as an answer.
I don't think we should waste our time with deporting. I don't like going after effects. I like to fix shit. Go after the cause.. you ever fix anything, fake?
If we take away the incentive, and they are sleeping in the streets, starving and their children are dumb as fuck, they will leave.

I don't think we should waste our time with deporting. I don't like going after effects. I like to fix shit. Go after the cause.. you ever fix anything, fake?
If we take away the incentive, and they are sleeping in the streets, starving and their children are dumb as fuck, they will leave.
I fix your fake nonsense all the time, TN.

We are not going to starve anyone, guy: that will not happen. Sane immigration reform will happen, but it must come at the same time with tough e-verify and a more secure border.

We are not going to starve anyone, guy: that will not happen. Sane immigration reform will happen, but it must come at the same time with tough e-verify and a more secure border.
That stuff alone wont fix it, jake. Sure, adding ice agents would help.. but not fix it. Sure e-verify would help, but when asswipes like you dont want them to need for anything, what are you going to do? Give them shit. They will still eat, still be healthy and their children still go to school.
At some point, America will have to start thinking about America.

I agree with the comments of Marcella Wolfe who wrote a letter to the Salt Lake Tribune that a smarter immigration reform program that excludes Trumpian excess should be enacted by Congress.

"I applaud The Salt Lake Tribune for the "Out of Africa into the heart of Mormondom" article. As a newcomer to the Salt Lake area, a member of the Catholic community and a provider within the area of behavioral health services, I cannot understand how anyone from either the LDS or Catholic communities within Utah are able to support the Trump policies on immigration and exclusion of others who have a different belief and/or cultural system.

Both the LDS and Catholic communities see the value of opening up our world to those who are experiencing persecution and war and those who yearn for peace for themselves and their children. Let's confront the Trump ideology by taking sides and supporting a revised but fair immigration policy which is not a part of the Trump platform." Letter: Mormons and Catholics alike believe in helping immigrants
Reforming immigration and helping refugees are two different topics. I have no problem with either, but don't like seeing these issues conflated.

We do need immigration reform, which includes fixing the illegal immigration issue.

We can help the Euros contend with the refugee issue, mostly by fixing why they are refugees. There's no reason to move them to the front of the immigration line ahead of more worthy immigrants.

That stuff alone wont fix it, jake. Sure, adding ice agents would help.. but not fix it. Sure e-verify would help, but when asswipes like you dont want them to need for anything, what are you going to do? Give them shit. They will still eat, still be healthy and their children still go to school.
You are the king klown on the Board. Who said "dont want them to need for anything"? Certainly not me. But your attitude is exactly why your hopes will not be met, TN. Their children born here are citizens, every bit as good as you under the law, and that is not going to change. They will outnumber the Alt Right crazies in ten years, and your kind of nonsense will retreat into nothingness and then not remember except as a footnote in some history book few read. You are the past.

You are the king klown on the Board. Who said "dont want them to need for anything"? Certainly not me. But your attitude is exactly why your hopes will not be met, TN. Their children born here are citizens, every bit as good as you under the law, and that is not going to change. They will outnumber the Alt Right crazies in ten years, and your kind of nonsense will retreat into nothingness and then not remember except as a footnote in some history book few read. You are the past.
You are an idiot. What does American citizens have to do with what I said?
My hopes wont be met because a lot of America supports FAILURE. Because you people are stupid as fuck

My hopes wont be met because a lot of America supports FAILURE. Because you people are stupid as fuck
Reform is not failure, and you must rate in the lower quarter of Americans when it comes to being able to learn. That is unforgivable stupidity, the unwillingness to learn. You are just a skin bag wasting oxygen.

Reform is not failure, and you must rate in the lower quarter of Americans when it comes to being able to learn. That is unforgivable stupidity, the unwillingness to learn. You are just a skin bag wasting oxygen.
Why would you call repeating HISTORICAL FAILURE, learning?

Translation: A lot of Americans are stupid as fuck.

Disagreed. I think a lot of Americans are Christian. Still, it's the job of our government to protect the best interests of "We, the People", not act as the World Police or the World's largest Charity. Look at the problem Merkel is encountering due to her policies. We need immigration reform and part of that reform is cracking the very hard nut of what to do with 11 million illegals. Sound bites and platitudes won't fix it.

That said, the refugee issue is a completely different issue no matter how much the Democrats want to conflate them.

Agreed reform is not failure, per se. What would be a failure is to wave the amnesty wand and not actually reform immigration.

Dubya offered to increase worker visas as a partial solution. I agree with that idea, but emphasize it's only a part of the solution.

Disagreed. I think a lot of Americans are Christian. Still, it's the job of our government to protect the best interests of "We, the People", not act as the World Police or the World's largest Charity. Look at the problem Merkel is encountering due to her policies. We need immigration reform and part of that reform is cracking the very hard nut of what to do with 11 million illegals. Sound bites and platitudes won't fix it.

That said, the refugee issue is a completely different issue no matter how much the Democrats want to conflate them.
All of which supports my program above.

All of which supports my program above.
The devil is in the details. Unfortunately, when we have political partisans unwilling to discuss anything other than "My way or the highway", we're at an impasse and nothing is resolved. The problem continues to fester.

Atheists and other religious people can be stupid as well.
I agree with the rest.
But I know what I want to do with the rest. Cut them off. Continue doing incentive will just invite more.
There is a PEW poll (I think) that said 70% or so of illegals don't care about paths to citizenship, they want to just be able to stay. It was a year or so ago..

Forum List

Back