A suggested rule to improve moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It USED to be the policy as you suggested...some mods blew right past that.
I am aware that moderators are members who are free to engage, just like any member, in a thread of interest.

The problem comes in when a moderator puts on her “member” hat to oppose or debate the OP (or any poster, really), and retains moderator capabilities to delete posts or move the entire thread to Badlands when it was originally started in a Zone 1 forum.

I suggest the following: any time a moderator is a participant on a thread - ESPECIALLY when debating the OP’s premise - she cannot simultaneously moderate that thread. The bias is obvious and she cannot objectively do to her “job.”

I am aware that moderators are members who are free to engage, just like any member, in a thread of interest.

The problem comes in when a moderator puts on her “member” hat to oppose or debate the OP (or any poster, really), and retains moderator capabilities to delete posts or move the entire thread to Badlands when it was originally started in a Zone 1 forum.

I suggest the following: any time a moderator is a participant on a thread - ESPECIALLY when debating the OP’s premise - she cannot simultaneously moderate that thread. The bias is obvious and she cannot objectively do to her “job.”
I was told a memo went out to all mods they were not to moderate a thread they are a part of,,

it seems none of them got the memo,,

it's a shame how this right wing board catering to extreme right wing scumbags is persecuting right wing scumbags. not fair.

It's not the 14, you're no slave. :)

Let me guess. You acted in your usual snide manner, went over the line, were slapped down and are now trying to change the rules so you can continue being yourself.

1696364689058.png

THe USSC doesn't talk.

It can't.

That's why there is a Judicial branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back