A suggested rule to improve moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, let’s leave it here until a reputable moderator responds to the suggestion:

A moderator who chooses to engage as a member on a thread in which he or she takes a position in opposition to other posters, particularly the OP, cannot simultaneously be a moderator in that same thread.

So, let’s leave it here until a reputable moderator responds to the suggestion:

A moderator who chooses to engage as a member on a thread in which he or she takes a position in opposition to other posters, particularly the OP, cannot simultaneously be a moderator in that same thread.

F that.

we know best.

I am aware that moderators are members who are free to engage, just like any member, in a thread of interest.

The problem comes in when a moderator puts on her “member” hat to oppose or debate the OP (or any poster, really), and retains moderator capabilities to delete posts or move the entire thread to Badlands when it was originally started in a Zone 1 forum.

I suggest the following: any time a moderator is a participant on a thread - ESPECIALLY when debating the OP’s premise - she cannot simultaneously moderate that thread. The bias is obvious and she cannot objectively do to her “job.”
i think this problem has been around since the 1st moderators existed...lol..... i consider most removed, moved, axed threads,etc, as an honor for upsetting a snowflake or a report button pusher.....if we all look at it as a positive, which it is, we'd be more powerful

as i always say...this place is so loosely and a liberally moderated board i rarely ask questions
Additionally, a moved thread is not a big deal. It still exists. You still get notifications and it still comes up on the new relies list.

Other than moving and consolidating threads, mods are generally pretty hands off. If you are being moderated here, then you have other issues to deal with.

Cat fight.

81ae68.jpg

When you go from Zone 1 to down below it is almost always the alternative to locking/deleting the thread either because of the OP or because the members have run it off the tracks, down the bank, and into the river. That a mod is in the thread is really irrelevant.

I am aware that moderators are members who are free to engage, just like any member, in a thread of interest.

The problem comes in when a moderator puts on her “member” hat to oppose or debate the OP (or any poster, really), and retains moderator capabilities to delete posts or move the entire thread to Badlands when it was originally started in a Zone 1 forum.

I suggest the following: any time a moderator is a participant on a thread - ESPECIALLY when debating the OP’s premise - she cannot simultaneously moderate that thread. The bias is obvious and she cannot objectively do to her “job.”
I have suggested this more than once in the past.

They love their power more than they seek to establish sensible guidelines to prevent the abuse thereof.

You've REALLY got to stop bitching about this kind of thing. It's not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back