A Travesty: Muslim Call To Prayer To Be Chanted Every Friday Across Campus At Duke University

From what I understand there are approximately 700 muslims students who attend Duke university.

By not allowing them to broadcast the Adhan for 3 min. at noon on Friday.

These future graduates who hoped to establish themselves as productive members of the community. Have essentially been told they are 2nd class citizens and their voices don't count.

And then we wonder why so many American muslims are hesitant to speak out on various issues? ....... :cool:

So we should also herald the Lord's prayer for the MAJORITY of students that are Christian?

I have posted it before- but I will again- Duke announces Christian prayer services in the Christian tradition:

Carillon Duke University Chapel

In the tower of Duke Chapel is a 50-bell carillon, played on weekdays at 5:00 p.m. and before and after Sunday worship services and special events.

IF Duke wanted to broadcast the Lord's Prayer- as a private university it could do so- but it would be very odd- bells are the traditional call to service for Christian Church's.

From what I understand there are approximately 700 muslims students who attend Duke university.

These future graduates who hoped to establish themselves as productive members of the community. Have essentially been told they are 2nd class citizens and their voices don't count.

And then we wonder why so many American muslims are hesitant to speak out on various issues? ....... :cool:
They can look forward to visits from Ann Coulter, telling them to ride flying carpets and camels too.

I like it too....but now isn't the time to be telling the Muslim world that all of this violence is helping the cause. Giving in to them is just asking for more of the same.

So how would allowing the Call to Prayer at Duke university be giving in to muslims around the world? ....... :cool:
I can't believe that I have to explain this to you.

You and I both know that some Muslims will consider it a victory. The problem with some Muslims, and yourself included, is that they refuse to face reality. Islam is at war with Western Society. Trying to get on Muslims good side only encourages them to do the same or worse.

But you already knew that......even though you claim to be ignorant to the facts.

Or improving relations might just do that, improve matters which is more likely than not.

no more grant money for Duke or any other funds from any level of government

separation of church and state

How has Duke breached that? They are not leading the prayers. What they are doing is the same as ringing the church bells.
some leftist sued a small town that had statue ofa soldier kneeling by grave, but since the headstone was a cross he went nuts and said his rights were violated

so I"m just channeling the leftist thought pattern if they can be honest about it

And a right wing state supreme court justice put a 2 ton monument of the 10 commandments in a state courthouse lobby and refused to allow another other displays. Channel that and see whether the 1st amendment was violated.
aww

change the subject for a win

pfft

proves my point though

Who cares?

Why is this a problem to anyone?

The same reason why you liberals don't want christians prayers in our schools. It fucks your belief system up.

Islam is just 10 times worse for you.

I am fine with religion in private schools- like Duke.

Duke is treating treating Muslims students like it treats Christians students.

Who other than religious bigots would object to that?

Not exactly. The kicked Chick Fil A off the campus because of the owners Christian beliefs.

Not exactly
Chick-Fil-A to close in May 2013 The Chronicle
Chick-Fil-A will not return to campus effective the end of academic year, Rick Johnson, associate vice president of housing and dining, said.

The chain restaurant, along with Subway, will not have a place in the events pavilion that will temporarily host vendors during West Union Building renovations, scheduled to begin summer 2013, he said. The cost of building and then removing a fast food chain was too high to justify a place for either vendor.
What do you think?
Both restaurants will also not return to the new West Union, because the building will no longer host national fast food chains, Johnson added.

Do you think Duke also 'kicked' Subway off campus because of Subway owner's Christian beliefs?

I stand corrected. Here are three colleges that did.

"Students at North Carolina's Elon University this week became the latest to push back against Chick-fil-A and its anti-gay stance. The student governmentvoted 35-11 to ask the school's food vendor, Aramark, to find another restaurantto take the fast food chicken chain's place, the Times-News reports.

St. Mary's College in Maryland ended its relationshipwith Chick-fil-A over a year ago. And Davidson College decided tor efrain from serving Chick-fil-A at a school sponsored event after students started a petition."

So we should also herald the Lord's prayer for the MAJORITY of students that are Christian?

I have posted it before- but I will again- Duke announces Christian prayer services in the Christian tradition:

Carillon Duke University Chapel

In the tower of Duke Chapel is a 50-bell carillon, played on weekdays at 5:00 p.m. and before and after Sunday worship services and special events.

IF Duke wanted to broadcast the Lord's Prayer- as a private university it could do so- but it would be very odd- bells are the traditional call to service for Christian Church's.

I attended a state school ---long ago ----(when I was young and beautiful) we had BELLS which went blasting over
the entire campus regularly -----doing Christian sacred
music. ---------it was delightful. I think it was a project of the
music department----------I learned all about GREGORIAN
chants in music class ---------its music and its history---
Saudi Arabia could benefit

As long as the audible level of the broadcast does not interfear with local laws...or not.

Let's keep school for school...
prayers in worship buildings.

Adhan is very much a PUBLIC and even INTRUSIVE ---
prayer. Friday would be a good time to blast the Hebrew
prayer------known as the "sh'ma" across campuses with
significant numbers of muslims-----and HATIKVAH----which serves as the national anthem of Israel but is also a prayer

preferentially in Saudi Arabia.
church bells are illegal in shariah shit holes as are public praying by anyone other than muslims

As long as the audible level of the broadcast does not interfear with local laws...or not.

good point-----noise is not a PRIVATE ISSUE------in my town blowing the horn of one's private car -----can elicit a massive fine

vitiligo people matter.
let's find a cure.

vitiligo is almost impossible to treat----
the good news is that some cases resolve
spontaneously. It is a sorta kinda-----auto immune
phenomenon in most cases

vitiligo people matter.
let's find a cure.

phenomenon in most cases

my melanocytes tend to drop dead when exposed to----
that adhan thing

vitiligo people matter.
let's find a cure.

phenomenon in most cases

Some may thought it was impossible to land men on the moon...
sorta kinda the real cure has yet to be found.

vitiligo people matter.
let's find a cure.

phenomenon in most cases

Some may thought it was impossible to land men on the moon...
sorta kinda the real cure has yet to be found.

well----maybe stem cells. the melanocytes get disabled----so ----sprinkle some in-----maybe ----some day

Who cares?

Why is this a problem to anyone?

The same reason why you liberals don't want christians prayers in our schools. It fucks your belief system up.

Islam is just 10 times worse for you.

I am fine with religion in private schools- like Duke.

Duke is treating treating Muslims students like it treats Christians students.

Who other than religious bigots would object to that?

Not exactly. The kicked Chick Fil A off the campus because of the owners Christian beliefs.

Not exactly
Chick-Fil-A to close in May 2013 The Chronicle
Chick-Fil-A will not return to campus effective the end of academic year, Rick Johnson, associate vice president of housing and dining, said.

The chain restaurant, along with Subway, will not have a place in the events pavilion that will temporarily host vendors during West Union Building renovations, scheduled to begin summer 2013, he said. The cost of building and then removing a fast food chain was too high to justify a place for either vendor.
What do you think?
Both restaurants will also not return to the new West Union, because the building will no longer host national fast food chains, Johnson added.

Do you think Duke also 'kicked' Subway off campus because of Subway owner's Christian beliefs?

I stand corrected. Here are three colleges that did.

"Students at North Carolina's Elon University this week became the latest to push back against Chick-fil-A and its anti-gay stance. The student governmentvoted 35-11 to ask the school's food vendor, Aramark, to find another restaurantto take the fast food chicken chain's place, the Times-News reports.

Not the first one:
Elon University Chick-fil-A Elon College NC 27244
The Chick-fil-A location near you.
1 Elon University
100 Campus Dr Elon College, NC 27244 (336) 584-9711
Licensed Location
Limited hours and/or accessibility - please call first

Forum List

Back