A Travesty: Muslim Call To Prayer To Be Chanted Every Friday Across Campus At Duke University

no more grant money for Duke or any other funds from any level of government

separation of church and state

How has Duke breached that? They are not leading the prayers. What they are doing is the same as ringing the church bells.
some leftist sued a small town that had statue ofa soldier kneeling by grave, but since the headstone was a cross he went nuts and said his rights were violated

so I"m just channeling the leftist thought pattern if they can be honest about it

And a right wing state supreme court justice put a 2 ton monument of the 10 commandments in a state courthouse lobby and refused to allow another other displays. Channel that and see whether the 1st amendment was violated.

I thought OUR LAW was based on the 10 Commandments, NOT Sharia, or the atheist code of nothing!
The ten commandments were taken from laws that already existed...from prior city states,,,the Jews just had contact and copied their laws like they did their society...

How has Duke breached that? They are not leading the prayers. What they are doing is the same as ringing the church bells.
some leftist sued a small town that had statue ofa soldier kneeling by grave, but since the headstone was a cross he went nuts and said his rights were violated

so I"m just channeling the leftist thought pattern if they can be honest about it

And a right wing state supreme court justice put a 2 ton monument of the 10 commandments in a state courthouse lobby and refused to allow another other displays. Channel that and see whether the 1st amendment was violated.

I thought OUR LAW was based on the 10 Commandments, NOT Sharia, or the atheist code of nothing!

No, it is not based on the 10 commandments. Only 4 of the 10 were laws at all. And the one about "false witness" only applied in certain circumstances. Our law is based on a variety of sources. Most cultures with any laws at all had laws against murder and theft. Those are the only two commandments that would apply to our laws now.

I really hadn't looked into this, perhaps believing common stories... Just looking through a search engine, it seems that most of the first 2 pages are dedicated to disproving most of these by atheists, freedom from religion, and secular groups with the same type of agenda..... Of course, we understand that things like do not kill, and do not steal, are a common theme in all law systems, but almost everyone of the commandments can be interpreted as having part to do with our law system. It simply depends on how ones PERSONAL OPINION and interpretation goes! As an agnostic, I can see where both sides have a legitimate claim on a yes or a no!

Soon the cafeteria will stop serving pork, alcohol will be banned, and they will adhere to a Ramadan schedule, and ask the women to dress modestly.

Could you guys bring up all of the murders by radicals before the City Council too.
Fewer people would object to the Adhan being chanted if somebody like yourself openly condemned acts of terror by other Muslims.
The issue brought up before the City Council was calling the Adhan from the roof top of the Mosque during prescribed times.

Nothing else concerning the Mosque or Islam was on the council's agenda. .... :cool:

Is the calling of the Adhan done in English?

Soon the cafeteria will stop serving pork, alcohol will be banned, and they will adhere to a Ramadan schedule, and ask the women to dress modestly.

Already being promoted!

34y3fbs.jpg

Duke is a private college. They can do what they want in this regard. Oh, and by the way, Breitbart is still dead. Just sayin...
Yeah, it is amazing that someone could excuse a private institution making its own decisions. How dare they!!
Yup yup

January 15, 2015
Duke University finds homosexual haters it can embrace
By Thomas Lifson

Duke University is one of the most politically correct campuses in the nation, a title for which there is abundant competition. Chick Fil A’s outlet on campus closed in 2013, after its contract expired in the wake of concerns expressed by the LGBT Center.

But now comes news that the Muslim call to prayer, the adhan, will echo from the bell tower of the Duke chapel – Duke’s most iconic structure -- every Friday, electronically amplified. CNN:

Starting Friday, the Duke Muslim Students Association will chant the call, or adhan, from the Duke Chapel bell tower. The adhan signals the beginning of the weekly prayer service. It's ubiquitous in Muslim countries the world over; not so in the Carolina piedmont.

The call will last three minutes and will be only "moderately amplified," the school said.

Duke, which got its start in the late 19th century with help from the Methodist church, says the move "represents a larger commitment to religious pluralism that is at the heart of Duke's mission."

I wonder how the LGBT Center feels about this? Islam calls for the killing of homosexuals. If mere opposition to same sex marriage is cause for outrage, how about the killing of homosexuals?

Blog Duke University finds homosexual haters it can embrace

Correction - radical Islam calls for the killing of homosexuals.

So, putting them to death is the only evidence that Muslims hate gays?

Plenty on both sides of the issue would tell you otherwise.

I made no statement to that effect. I was merely pointing out that it is radical Islam that calls for killing homosexuals. But since this is being argued, I have seen so-called Christians in this country say essentially as much. Why no comment on those people?

Indeed, it is the radical muslims who want to put gays to death. The mainstream muslims have not tried to do any such thing.

Whats a "mainstream" Muslim? homosexuality is considered an abomination in Islam btw.

Who cares?

Why is this a problem to anyone?

The same reason why you liberals don't want christians prayers in our schools. It fucks your belief system up.

Islam is just 10 times worse for you.

I am fine with religion in private schools- like Duke.

Duke is treating treating Muslims students like it treats Christians students.

Who other than religious bigots would object to that?

Not exactly. The kicked Chick Fil A off the campus because of the owners Christian beliefs.

Duke is a private college. They can do what they want in this regard. Oh, and by the way, Breitbart is still dead. Just sayin...
Yup yup

January 15, 2015
Duke University finds homosexual haters it can embrace
By Thomas Lifson

Duke University is one of the most politically correct campuses in the nation, a title for which there is abundant competition. Chick Fil A’s outlet on campus closed in 2013, after its contract expired in the wake of concerns expressed by the LGBT Center.

But now comes news that the Muslim call to prayer, the adhan, will echo from the bell tower of the Duke chapel – Duke’s most iconic structure -- every Friday, electronically amplified. CNN:

Starting Friday, the Duke Muslim Students Association will chant the call, or adhan, from the Duke Chapel bell tower. The adhan signals the beginning of the weekly prayer service. It's ubiquitous in Muslim countries the world over; not so in the Carolina piedmont.

The call will last three minutes and will be only "moderately amplified," the school said.

Duke, which got its start in the late 19th century with help from the Methodist church, says the move "represents a larger commitment to religious pluralism that is at the heart of Duke's mission."

I wonder how the LGBT Center feels about this? Islam calls for the killing of homosexuals. If mere opposition to same sex marriage is cause for outrage, how about the killing of homosexuals?

Blog Duke University finds homosexual haters it can embrace

Correction - radical Islam calls for the killing of homosexuals.

So, putting them to death is the only evidence that Muslims hate gays?

Plenty on both sides of the issue would tell you otherwise.

I made no statement to that effect. I was merely pointing out that it is radical Islam that calls for killing homosexuals. But since this is being argued, I have seen so-called Christians in this country say essentially as much. Why no comment on those people?

Indeed, it is the radical muslims who want to put gays to death. The mainstream muslims have not tried to do any such thing.

Whats a "mainstream" Muslim? homosexuality is considered an abomination in Islam btw.

I believe THIS is the supposed current moderate muslim...

158522_600.jpg

Probably got hooked on an Atheist forum, and then decided to go mental over anything in the neighborhood even remotely 'christian'. You get the reverse too, with Christians going mental over 'you can live a happy life without god' signs.

From what I understand there are approximately 700 muslims students who attend Duke university.

By not allowing them to broadcast the Adhan for 3 min. at noon on Friday.

These future graduates who hoped to establish themselves as productive members of the community. Have essentially been told they are 2nd class citizens and their voices don't count.

And then we wonder why so many American muslims are hesitant to speak out on various issues? ....... :cool:

Forum List

Back