A tweet that did not age well...

There was a shor
Really? We have more people tested than S. Korea and they had over a 8 week head start on us. Our death rate is far less than italy's so yeah, i think it is under control.

Why they hell did they have an 8 week head start on us? Just imagine if we had not been sitting on our thumbs and we had acted as quickly as they had.

Things are not under control, my wife's hospital has doctors making decisions based upon how much PPE gear will be used because they are running so low.
there was a shortage of test kits

your wife’s hospital should have stocked up on supplies before the china virus hit

Why was there a shortage of test kits? Why did we not start mass producing them the same time South Korea did?

Well, she works for the VA, they do not have money for such things!

Really? We have more people tested than S. Korea and they had over a 8 week head start on us. Our death rate is far less than italy's so yeah, i think it is under control.

Why they hell did they have an 8 week head start on us? Just imagine if we had not been sitting on our thumbs and we had acted as quickly as they had.

Ummm, because Trump shut down travel between China and the US would be my guess. You know that thing you were calling him a wacist for? Face it, Trump is doing OK in spite of non stop fear mongering by the MSM.

My definition of "OK" probably differs from yours. In my books "OK" isn't lying to the American people every time there's a microphone in front of the President's mouth. It's not putting the stock market ahead of people. It's not telling the states to find their own resources.

My definition of OK is to tell people the truth about what is going on, and not to dismiss advisors who tell you things you don't want to hear.
Please do quote where he told the states to find their own resources. The entire quote, not the cherry picked part that you're reacting to.

I watched the entire presser where he said it. Why don’t YOU do your own research instead of sitting your ass and waiting for others to do it?
Because I wanted you to educate yourself instead of relying on what someone else told you. You said you watched the presser. Does this sound familiar?

"They can get them faster by getting them on their own. In other words, go through a supply chain that they may have because the governors, during normal times, the governors buy a lot of things, not necessarily through the federal government."

And,

"We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves. Point of sales, much better, much more direct if you can get it yourself."

IOW, if you already have a supply chain set up, as most state governments would, and that works faster than going through the federal government, do it the fastest way. If you can't, we'll back you up. You make it sound like he said they were on their own, deliberately I'm sure.

IOW, if you already have a supply chain set up, as most state governments would,
I was hoping you could explain why you believe most state governments would already have their own supply chains for these materials in place? Thanks.

IOW, if you already have a supply chain set up, as most state governments would,
I was hoping you could explain why you believe most state governments would already have their own supply chains for these materials in place? Thanks.
Trump is merely stating that if they do have such in place, they could probably do it faster through those than by waiting on the feds to get it to them. Why is that unacceptable?

it's just stunning how there is ALWAYS a tweet or video clip of donny either being completely hypocritical, moronic, & usually both.

Your wife a medical professional. And she did *nothing*. Sat on her thumbs.

Nope, they were treating patients like they do every day. But it is harder to do when not given all the information.

Oh you mean you wanted the government to do something...South Korea style? Libertarianism is a funny thing when you get scared.

Well, yes South Korea style...which oddly enough is waht Trump is doing now. Companies cannot help if they do not know there is a problem. Just think if 3m and started making extra mask 2 months ago or if GM had been able to help make ventilators 2 months ago, how much those things could have helped
But instead we as a country was kept in the dark so the market would not drop

So it was business as usual for your wife leading up to the outbreak?

Yep, that is what happens when you kept in the dark. Just imagine had they been warned how well they could have prepared. But our government choose to keep us all in the dark.

Preparation%20Coronavirus%202020-02-27-XL.jpg

Your wife a medical professional. And she did *nothing*. Sat on her thumbs.

Nope, they were treating patients like they do every day. But it is harder to do when not given all the information.

Oh you mean you wanted the government to do something...South Korea style? Libertarianism is a funny thing when you get scared.

Well, yes South Korea style...which oddly enough is waht Trump is doing now. Companies cannot help if they do not know there is a problem. Just think if 3m and started making extra mask 2 months ago or if GM had been able to help make ventilators 2 months ago, how much those things could have helped
But instead we as a country was kept in the dark so the market would not drop

So it was business as usual for your wife leading up to the outbreak?

Yep, that is what happens when you kept in the dark. Just imagine had they been warned how well they could have prepared. But our government choose to keep us all in the dark.

Preparation%20Coronavirus%202020-02-27-XL.jpg

Turns out that study was a bit flawed when it came to real life.

it's just stunning how there is ALWAYS a tweet or video clip of donny either being completely hypocritical, moronic, & usually both.

And it is always followed by his worshipers rushing to his defense with one of about 3 tactics ...that is all they have.

Again, you didn’t know what I was going to write.
Right, I am commenting on what you wrote, which includes a later post. Was that post by you also a mistake? Geesh man, I will try to keep up.

Here's a pro tip for ya: if people don't understand what you are trying to say, that's actually your fault.

Trump is like an impatient child

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I'd much rather have that than a failed former president who took great pride in leading from behind. Remember that? He led us to the slowest recovery in modern history.

I suggest you take your TDS AND SHOVE IT WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE.

You blame EVERYTHING ON ONE MAN...........if ONE MAN COULD DO ALL THIS..........Well then .........YOU MUST THINK HE IS A GOD

Your worship of the man makes you irrational. I have stated many times it is not all Trump's fault. The only thing I have blamed on him in this thread was making a stupid ass tweet.

Other than that I blame the government as a whole.

when he made that tweet, the entire world thought the same thing, even china was saying it was under control. Facts change over time.

your TDS has destroyed your brain.
Actually, when he made that tweet, his own medical staff were predicting much more serious infections.

It was irresponsible

I'd much rather have that than a failed former president who took great pride in leading from behind. Remember that? He led us to the slowest recovery in modern history.
Yes, I remember leading from behind
The Great Obama made other countries bear the military load

That slow recovery nearly tripled the stock market and cut unemployment by five percent.
I’ll take that over Trumps disaster of an economy.

That slow recovery nearly tripled the stock market and cut unemployment by five percent.
I’ll take that over Trumps disaster of an economy.
And it was the best recovery on the planet. Other countries were jealous. Now, it's the opposite. Other countries are laughing at our leaders and worried for us.

Ummm, because Trump shut down travel between China and the US would be my guess. You know that thing you were calling him a wacist for? Face it, Trump is doing OK in spite of non stop fear mongering by the MSM.

My definition of "OK" probably differs from yours. In my books "OK" isn't lying to the American people every time there's a microphone in front of the President's mouth. It's not putting the stock market ahead of people. It's not telling the states to find their own resources.

My definition of OK is to tell people the truth about what is going on, and not to dismiss advisors who tell you things you don't want to hear.
Please do quote where he told the states to find their own resources. The entire quote, not the cherry picked part that you're reacting to.

I watched the entire presser where he said it. Why don’t YOU do your own research instead of sitting your ass and waiting for others to do it?

The bottom line, you've got nothing!

Further, do you believe that governors have no responsibility for their own state?

Further, do you believe that governors have no responsibility for their own state?

They are not responsible for allocating or ordering resources. There are good and valid reasons why the response for a national emergency is supposed to come from the national government. Trump keeps trying to slough off his incompetence and the chaos he's creating as not his fault, and someone else's responsibility. The buck stops at the Resolute Desk.

You believe that the president has no responsibility for his own country, so why ask such a question?

They are not responsible for allocating or ordering resources. There are good and valid reasons why the response for a national emergency is supposed to come from the national government. Trump keeps trying to slough off his incompetence and the chaos he's creating as not his fault, and someone else's responsibility. The buck stops at the Resolute Desk.
They are ALL RESPONSIBLE........to their citizens.........the CDC had ventilators for a MODERATE outbreak.............the CDC recommended more.......by 10000 before Trump was in office.....Nobody wanted to spend the 500 million on them..............same in New York..........same in many states......and same around the world.

In regards to masks.......they used them up in 2009 and never replaced the emergency stock........nobody cared the last 2 admins...........

Yeah, we know how that worked out! How many other countries did failed former President Barack Hussein Obama BOMB and where did Obama allow ISIS to establish a huge caliphate?

ISIS%20map%202015-L.jpg

They [state Governors] are not responsible for allocating or ordering resources. There are good and valid reasons why the response for a national emergency is supposed to come from the national government. Trump keeps trying to slough off his incompetence and the chaos he's creating as not his fault, and someone else's responsibility. The buck stops at the Resolute Desk.

State governors are NOT responsible for allocating or ordering resources for their state? Then who is responsible? The local school board? In NOLA, the local levee boards?

How%20desperate%20are%20you-S.jpg

Forum List

Back