A very difficult thing as a Christian

dpr112yme

Jul 1, 2016
A very difficult thing to be as a Christian is this. I never know what I am doing wrong when it comes to how I think and how I live my life. I have been a Christian for a little while now and all the time I have been told that I beat myself up too much over Christian things. I have been told that what I am doing is not correct from the Christian perspective. That I am not loving and endearing enough. etc etc etc.. Although I believe and although I can put certain things of the bible together, I still seem to be lacking something. The way I view life, as being more an adulterous and perverse generation is not accepted. People, even many other Christians tell me that this world needs to get along better and get along more. The Holy Spirit also seems to be telling me that my fruit bearing is not 'good enough.' I have written about the spirit of condemnation and many other things and still I can't seem to shake the feeling that I myself is lacking. It never seems to be good enough until I can accept that this world is better than it really is. It seems as if God Himself can't admit that this world is more evil than good.

And with every thought I have against to fight the demons all around me, if there is even such a thing, I receive something as if I am not proselytizing good enough. Because the people around me seem to not appreciate my life as a Christian, God comes down heavily upon me.

Has Christ given us a free reign to become slack concerning things pertaining to God?

Last edited:
I'm afraid you've got into a cult that condemns mankind as intrinsically flawed. The Abrahamic tradition requires believers to prostrate themselves before a vengeful and capricious god.
This is not good for one's self-esteem, as you are finding.
We are, in fact, the product of 4 billion years of evolutionary development, and this has imbued us with a few attributes that are specifically proscribed by the scriptures.
Sexuality is a big one, where would we be without it?
Nature has made sex such a fabulous experience, and those uptight ancients who wrote the 'Holy Book' saw it as a way to convince the plebs (that's you and me) that they were nasty, unclean and despicable, and had better follow the Rules, or go to eternal torture in Hell.
Frankly, I'm amazed that anyone fell for it, and the fact that it's still causing anguish to this day is a huge injustice to millions. I wish it were true, those old goats would be roasting away even now.

A very difficult thing to be as a Christian is this. I never know what I am doing wrong when it comes to how I think and how I live my life. I have been a Christian for a little while now and all the time I have been told that I beat myself up too much over Christian things. I have been told that what I am doing is not correct from the Christian perspective. That I am not loving and endearing enough. etc etc etc.. Although I believe and although I can put certain things of the bible together, I still seem to be lacking something. The way I view life, as being more an adulterous and perverse generation is not accepted. People, even many other Christians tell me that this world needs to get along better and get along more. The Holy Spirit also seems to be telling me that my fruit bearing is not 'good enough.' I have written about the spirit of condemnation and many other things and still I can't seem to shake the feeling that I myself is lacking. It never seems to be good enough until I can accept that this world is better than it really is. It seems as if God Himself can't admit that this world is more evil than good.

And with every thought I have against to fight the demons all around me, if there is even such a thing, I receive something as if I am not proselytizing good enough. Because the people around me seem to not appreciate my life as a Christian, God comes down heavily upon me.

Has Christ given us a free reign to become slack concerning things pertaining to God?
When you re-read your post, did it seem as stupid to you as it does to everyone else? You're a wimp, stop letting others push you around, and try standing up to people for a change.

it seems as if God Himself can't admit that this world is more evil than good.

WTF? You want to preach things to people that resulted in making you feel that kind despair?

What a guy!

You are right to feel that something is lacking,; the actual presence of God in your life.

I heard that when a person fails to heed the voice of truth and reason, God will hide his face from them and abandon them to their folly.

Try to understand that the people who reject what you have been misled to believe and tell you of a better life free of the confusion of superstition and irrational beliefs are not like demons all around you. The only ones who are like demons are the ones who try to keep you in hell, confused, and doing that which scripture teaches results in destruction.

If you want to feel better, and if you want to know the truth, see God, and be healed, do yourself a favor and free yourself from captivity whatever the cost. Purify your mind and be refined. No one can stop you but yourself.

Last edited:
A very difficult thing to be as a Christian is this. I never know what I am doing wrong when it comes to how I think and how I live my life.

Somewhere along the way you must have taken a wrong turn.

"I am the light of the world, followers of mine shall not walk in darkness; they shall have the light of life."

Do something about it.

dpr112yme, what you need to understand is that modern culture is pure evil. I am not Christian, but Paul's advice to "not be conformed to this age" makes perfect sense in evil times. Most members of modern culture deserve to be wiped out and I am fully confident that God will take care of this. What all decent people, whatever their religion, need to do is to withdraw from modern culture. My advice to Christians is to join a conservative Mennonite church since these are truly decent people.

“Hear then the parable of the sower: When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path. As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy, yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away. As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.”

As you can see, coming here to troll central is probably not the best move for spiritual advice.

In this country, there are different kinds of Christians. There are the Traditional Christian that help the poor, welcome strangers, support their neighbors and so on.

Then there are the new American right wing Christians. The kind that like a scam artist like Donald Trump.
Feed the poor and they will breed.
Let him die.
Trade in for a younger wife every few years.
Want gays dead.
Help the fetus, screw the born.

I'm surprised the more traditional Christians let the right wing kind use their name.

In this country, there are different kinds of Christians. There are the Traditional Christian that help the poor, welcome strangers, support their neighbors and so on.

Then there are the new American right wing Christians. The kind that like a scam artist like Donald Trump.
Feed the poor and they will breed.
Let him die.
Trade in for a younger wife every few years.
Want gays dead.
Help the fetus, screw the born.

I'm surprised the more traditional Christians let the right wing kind use their name.
You have Christianity confused with leftist totalitarianism. In Christianity the state does not play God. It did for a while and we know how that turned out.

To the OP, you will never be able to satisfy a belief system cobbled together by others.

Don't feel bad. We are all like you. We just don't know.

dpr112yme, what you need to understand is that modern culture is pure evil. I am not Christian, but Paul's advice to "not be conformed to this age" makes perfect sense in evil times. Most members of modern culture deserve to be wiped out and I am fully confident that God will take care of this. What all decent people, whatever their religion, need to do is to withdraw from modern culture. My advice to Christians is to join a conservative Mennonite church since these are truly decent people.
Evil times, hmmmm.Is that a magazine?

Since all humans have evil and goodness.....Which one you feed is allowed to grow....and control your actions...There is evil done by humans,, which has never been absent their whole existence.... .

Evil times, hmmmm.Is that a magazine?

Since all humans have evil and goodness.....Which one you feed is allowed to grow....and control your actions...There is evil done by humans,, which has never been absent their whole existence.... .
Evil times is a historical phase that happens in every decaying culture. What is new is that now culture is global and global culture is decaying which means that virtually the whole world is evil for the first time in history.

Of course all humans have evil and goodness, the question is in what proportion.

Here's what you do:

1 - Don't listen to the fools on this forum
2 - Get yourself a copy of "The Practice Of The Presence Of God" by Brother Lawrence. When in doubt, Brother Lawrence would pray to God and say "Lord, I will never be able to do better unless you help me". Then he would forget about it.
3 - Repeat #2 as needed

Here's what you do:

1 - Don't listen to the fools on this forum
2 - Get yourself a copy of "The Practice Of The Presence Of God" by Brother Lawrence. When in doubt, Brother Lawrence would pray to God and say "Lord, I will never be able to do better unless you help me". Then he would forget about it.
3 - Repeat #2 as needed

LOL..in other words....

1 - cover your eyes and ears.

2 - Fill your head with religiously addled flotsam and then go to sleep.

3 - repeat # 2 ....if ever you wake up.

It is not unusual for new Christians to feel that they must immediately live at the "Apostle Paul" level spiritually, and feel discouraged when they can't. The truth, however, is this. You are under severe attack by an enemy who wants nothing more than to see you weakened and unable to shine God's light on the world. Don't give up. Your struggle is universal to all Christians and is a very strong sign that you are doing it right. Here's something to hold onto - GOD IS NOT MAD AT YOU. You are His child and He loves you more than you possibly comprehend. Let Him guide you and ask for the peace that Jesus promised. You will receive and you will begin to see the work that He has started in you be fulfilled.

Todays world--foreseen by God centuries ago = 2Timothy 3

Unfortunately there are 33,000 religions claiming to be Christian--reality--one has Jesus as head of the congregation.( 1Cor 1:10,18)-- a very sad reality for this world. And one certainly cannot learn from every one of them to see who is correct--the only way = learn and apply every single teaching Jesus gave to us. Then one can see who is who--I did that and every trinity based religion comes under this category( Mark 3:24-26= a house divided will not stand.
There aren't many left to choose from--the secret is in the teachings of Jesus. No wonder God showed all how utterly important it is for one to learn and apply every teaching Jesus gave to us when he spoke from heaven at Jesus' baptism and said---This is my son, the beloved in whom I am well pleased--LISTEN TO HIM.

Don't feel bad. We are all like you. We just don't know.

How many of you are there?

Approximately 7 billion if you are not counting the people that have already died. If you are counting them then there is like 875 bazillion trillion people that don't know.

That sounds like an awful lot of dead and dried up wood.

Ya'll take care now. I have matches and I ain't afraid to use them..

Forum List

Back