A woman faces a murder charge in Texas over an alleged self-induced abortion

Because you take a certain verse and cherry-pick it and take it out of context

I'm not sure where there's a context where giving a woman a potion to make her have an abortion isn't an endorsement of abortion. The combination of whatever was in that drink and the stress of being dragged in front of the religious authorities probably made a lot of women have spontaneous abortions (miscarriages).

“For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works and that my soul knows well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed, and in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16 NKJV)

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5 NIV)
So that only applies to to Jeremiah, who God planned to have exist before he was conceived. Next.

But when He who had set me apart before I was born, and had called me through His grace.” (Galatians 1:15 RSV)

The actual verse. KJV

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

So he didn't exist until after he was born.

The Lord Jesus Christ began his incarnation as an embryo, growing into a fetus, infant, child, teenager, and adult: “While they were there, the time came for the baby to born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son.” (Luke 2:6-7a NIV)
You just tried to pull a fast one, didn't you.

Here's that actual verse from Luke.

6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
Mary was pregnant at the time, and gave birth to her firstborn son while they were in Bethlehem.
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
“If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise” (Exodus 21:22-25 NIV)

That's actually an ENDORSEMENT for abortion.

Here's the actual verse.

22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

Of course, no one gave birth prematurely, if you lost your pregnancy, the fetus died. Heck, the Bible Law didn't count babies in censuses until they were one years old, because infant mortality was so high. So if you hit a woman and the dropped little globby, you paid a fine.

More Bible verses about God's lack of concern about fetuses and even babies.

The Bible places no value on fetuses or infants less than one month old.
And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6

Fetuses and infants less than one month old are not considered persons.
Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD. -- Numbers 3:15-16

And the LORD said unto Moses, Number all the firstborn of the males of the children of Israel from a month old and upward, and take the number of their names. -- Numbers 3:40

God sometimes approves of killing fetuses.

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17

(Some of the non-virgin women must have been pregnant. They would have been killed along with their unborn fetuses.)

Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

God sometimes kills newborn babies to punish their parents.
Because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. -- 2 Samuel 12:14

God's law sometimes requires the execution (by burning to death) of pregnant women.
Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt. -- Genesis 38:24

The Psalmist prays that his enemies are aborted.
Let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun. -- Psalm 58:8

And then there's this statement, which could only be found in the Bible:

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. -- Psalm 137:9

Beware of a Godless, soulless, subhuman creature, such as Incel Joe, quoting scripture in which it does not even believe, twisting it to support a depraved agenda.

“The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”
― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Last edited:
I'm not sure where there's a context where giving a woman a potion to make her have an abortion isn't an endorsement of abortion. The combination of whatever was in that drink and the stress of being dragged in front of the religious authorities probably made a lot of women have spontaneous abortions (miscarriages).

So that only applies to to Jeremiah, who God planned to have exist before he was conceived. Next.

The actual verse. KJV

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

So he didn't exist until after he was born.

You just tried to pull a fast one, didn't you.

Here's that actual verse from Luke.

6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
Mary was pregnant at the time, and gave birth to her firstborn son while they were in Bethlehem.
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

That's actually an ENDORSEMENT for abortion.

Here's the actual verse.

22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

Of course, no one gave birth prematurely, if you lost your pregnancy, the fetus died. Heck, the Bible Law didn't count babies in censuses until they were one years old, because infant mortality was so high. So if you hit a woman and the dropped little globby, you paid a fine.
You don't have a clue God does not approve of abortion, just because you might can read scriptures doesn't mean you understand them.

Oh hun----there are a few drugs that will induce an abortion.
I am talking about a person taking their own life and not anyone else including an unborn baby. When a suicide attempt is only that because the person is still alive when the dust settles, can they be charged with attempted murder?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am guessing that it may only depend on how they try to carry it out? I used to have a cousin who took a whole bunch of pills. The sad thing is that she later on passed away anyway due to the cancer that she already had during her suicide attempt.

Scott Peterson was convicted of a double homicide for the murder of his wife and unborn child.
Scott was only convicted of second degree murder of the fetus...

But saying that, the OP is really talking about eviction of a fetus...

Scott was only convicted of second degree murder of the fetus...

But saying that, the OP is really talking about eviction of a fetus...
Two counts of 1st degree murder

Beware of a Godless, soulless, subhuman creature, such as @Incel Joe, quoting scripture in which it does not even believe, twisting it to support a depraved agenda.

“The @devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.An @evil soul producing holy witnessIs like a villain with a smiling cheek,A goodly apple rotten at the heart.O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

So you are quoting a notoriously anti-Semitic play to make your point?

Here's the thing. Most Christians are completely unaware of the depraved shit that is in the Bible. Heck, I went to Catholic Schools for 12 years and NEVER heard most of the verses I've quoted. Nope, the Pope says abortion bad, birth control bad, and I just took his word for it. Until I didn't.

I do notice you triple down on the name calling when I hit a raw part... when you know your argument is weak.

You don't have a clue God does not approve of abortion, just because you might can read scriptures doesn't mean you understand them.

As Mark Twain once observed, it's not the parts of the bible that I don't understand that trouble me, it's the parts I understand perfectly fine.

Here's the thing.... there are a shitload of things in the bible that we ignore today, and if we tried to practice them, we'd probably be arrested.

Which is why we don't have slavery anymore, we eat all sorts of stuff the bible says we shouldn't, we don't beat our children with rods, we don't stone our daughters for not being virgins on their wedding nights or our neighbors for working on Sunday. Slaughtering an entire community during a war would be considered a war crime today.

God didn't change his mind, we changed ours, and convinced ourselves that God would approve.

The thing is, there is not one verse in the bible that specifically prohibits abortions, and quite a few that show that God is perfectly fine with killing fetuses.

As Mark Twain once observed, it's not the parts of the bible that I don't understand that trouble me, it's the parts I understand perfectly fine.

Here's the thing.... there are a shitload of things in the bible that we ignore today, and if we tried to practice them, we'd probably be arrested.

Which is why we don't have slavery anymore, we eat all sorts of stuff the bible says we shouldn't, we don't beat our children with rods, we don't stone our daughters for not being virgins on their wedding nights or our neighbors for working on Sunday. Slaughtering an entire community during a war would be considered a war crime today.

God didn't change his mind, we changed ours, and convinced ourselves that God would approve.

The thing is, there is not one verse in the bible that specifically prohibits abortions, and quite a few that show that God is perfectly fine with killing fetuses.
You don't understand the Bible that's why you take it out of context.

I think Incel Joe does understand it. He's like the Devil, quoting scripture, twisting it to support his message of evil and madness. Doomed ultimately, to a fate of eternal misery, he is determined to drag as many others down as he can to the same fate.

There's a context where giving a woman a magic abortion potion that causes miscarriages is a good thing.

Perhaps you'd like to share that context. We'll wait...

I think @Incel Joe does understand it. He's like the Devil, quoting scripture, twisting it to support his message of evil and madness. Doomed ultimately, to a fate of eternal misery, he is determined to drag as many others down as he can to the same fate.

Again, you think your God cares more about what church you attend than whether or not you are a good person, then that's a pretty fucked up ideology, Mormon Bob.

I understand the Bible perfectly fine. The Old Testament was written by people who saw God as Angry Nature that constantly needed to be appeased. That's why they murdered women who got pregnant by men other than their wives...

The New Testament was tempered by the fact that the people who wrote it were exposed to more cultured Greeks and Romans. But it's still the same garbage.

the Book of Mormon was written by a guy who wanted to scam less smart people out of their money and fuck their wives and teen daughters.

Are we all caught up now? Good.

There's a context where giving a woman a magic abortion potion that causes miscarriages is a good thing.

Perhaps you'd like to share that context. We'll wait...

Again, you think your God cares more about what church you attend than whether or not you are a good person, then that's a pretty fucked up ideology, Mormon Bob.

I understand the Bible perfectly fine. The Old Testament was written by people who saw God as Angry Nature that constantly needed to be appeased. That's why they murdered women who got pregnant by men other than their wives...

The New Testament was tempered by the fact that the people who wrote it were exposed to more cultured Greeks and Romans. But it's still the same garbage.

the Book of Mormon was written by a guy who wanted to scam less smart people out of their money and fuck their wives and teen daughters.

Are we all caught up now? Good.
You take verses out of context

I do not believe any such thing.

In any event, you are the last creature that any same person would accept as credible to judge who is a good person, who is not, or whose ideology is fucked up.

You take verses out of context

You are free to put the verse in context.

Let's go with the Magic Abortion Potion verse in Numbers 5. The context is very clear. If a man accuses his wife of adultery, the priests make her drink a potion which will induce an abortion if she has been unfaithful. Now, of course, we don't know if this potion contained herbs that induced abortion, or if the mere stress of being dragged to a temple and judged by misogynistic men was stressful enough to cause her to miscarry. But what is clear... that this verse shows that God was perfectly fine with killing a fetus if it was conceived in adultery.

I do not believe any such thing.

In any event, you are the last creature that any same person would accept as credible to judge who is a good person, who is not, or whose ideology is fucked up.

Says the guy who belongs to a cult started by child-molesting con men?

You are free to put the verse in context.

Let's go with the Magic Abortion Potion verse in Numbers 5. The context is very clear. If a man accuses his wife of adultery, the priests make her drink a potion which will induce an abortion if she has been unfaithful. Now, of course, we don't know if this potion contained herbs that induced abortion, or if the mere stress of being dragged to a temple and judged by misogynistic men was stressful enough to cause her to miscarry. But what is clear... that this verse shows that God was perfectly fine with killing a fetus if it was conceived in adultery.

Says the guy who belongs to a cult started by child-molesting con men?
You do it with the whole Bible

You do it with the whole Bible

Or maybe- maybe I just don't accept that because it's the BIBLE, it's above critical analysis.

There is some truly horrible stuff in the Bible, not because it comes from a loving God, but because it was written by a primitive, savage culture that saw "God" as being every random force of nature they didn't understand and constantly needed to be appeased.

A plague has broken out? Must be God punishing us! They didn't understand Germ theory.

Of course, how many bible thumping morons think AIDS or Covid-19 are God's revenge, even with an understanding of germ theory...

Now, please tell me how God could tell his priests to give a woman a magic abortion potion, and that would in somehow NOT be an approval for abortion by God.

Or maybe- maybe I just don't accept that because it's the BIBLE, it's above critical analysis.

There is some truly horrible stuff in the Bible, not because it comes from a loving God, but because it was written by a primitive, savage culture that saw "God" as being every random force of nature they didn't understand and constantly needed to be appeased.

A plague has broken out? Must be God punishing us! They didn't understand Germ theory.

Of course, how many bible thumping morons think AIDS or Covid-19 are God's revenge, even with an understanding of germ theory...

Now, please tell me how God could tell his priests to give a woman a magic abortion potion, and that would in somehow NOT be an approval for abortion by God.
If you didn't take the Bible out of context you wouldn't doubt it so readily.

Forum List

Back