A woman faces a murder charge in Texas over an alleged self-induced abortion

You have a point. But if we want everyone working and some people focus on work instead of a family is that wrong?

Think about it. What happens if fewer and fewer young people start families? Bear in mind all the bitching around here about immigration.

That's a hard sell ... If the government isn't doing anything about unbridled immigration, it's not encouraging to prospective parents.
Unless of course they are in Guatemala.

Republicans claimed that they weren't going after abortion rights. That was a lie

Republicans claimed that no one would be going to jail with the new laws in Texas (and many other red states). That was a lie

You can not trust Republicans

Suicide is not a criminal act.

Suicide is not a criminal act because it wouldn't do any good to try and charge the person with a crime.
You are correct that attempted suicide can most certainly end up resulting in consequences governed by the State, whether or not it is considered criminal.

Yes raising a family is work which explains why many young couples are thinking it's hard to carry on a career full time and raise a family as well. And they have a valid point.

Yes raising a family is work which explains why many young couples are thinking it's hard to carry on a career full time and raise a family as well. And they have a valid point.
Despite the fact that people work and raise families all the time. The church of Self-centered Laziness is busy getting it's word out.

That's your opinion. I don't see it as self centered. It's not anyone's duty to have kids.

Suicide is not a criminal act because it wouldn't do any good to try and charge the person with a crime.
You are correct that attempted suicide can most certainly end up resulting in consequences governed by the State, whether or not it is considered criminal.

Interestingly though, many countries do criminalize suicide, and in England suicide attempts were punishable by execution.

The church of Self-centered Laziness is busy getting it's word out.

It seems all are welcome ... :thup:

Young people nowadays know where babies come from by the time they hit puberty.
Birth control is easily accessible and inexpensive if not free.

Unwanted pregnancies (for the most part, not all) are very much the result of self-centered laziness.

That's your opinion. I don't see it as self centered. It's not anyone's duty to have kids.
Good luck decomposing in an overcrowded old folks home with no one to take care of you, no doctors, no utilities, no infrastructure, and at the mercy of any half-assed foreign military that decides to come blow you up. Too late to regret when the chickens of lazy self-centeredness come home to roost.

Interestingly though, many countries do criminalize suicide, and in England suicide attempts were punishable by execution.
Suicide hasn't even been a crime in England since 1961 and I could find no reference to anyone being executed for it ever

You need to stop saying stupid shit

If it takes two full time workers just to barely scrape by what do you suggest then? Forcing people who don't want kids to have them?

Suicide hasn't even been a crime in England since 1961 and I could find no reference to anyone being executed for it ever

You need to stop saying stupid shit

I have no idea if anyone was ever executed for a failed suicide attempt. I simply said it was punishable by execution. Also note use of the past tense.

Forum List

Back