A woman faces a murder charge in Texas over an alleged self-induced abortion

I don't care what a woman does with "her body". She can tattoo it, take every form of birth control all at once, pierce every surface of her skin, sleep with no men or 10,000. I don't care.

But if you create a baby, that's a SEPARATE body. Don't you all "follow the science"? So, follow the science.
They are too fucking stupid to understand science.

‘A 26-year-old woman has been charged with murder in Texas after authorities said she caused "the death of an individual by self-induced abortion," in a state that has the most restrictive abortion laws in the U.S.
[…]
In Rio Grande City on Saturday the abortion rights group Frontera Fund called for Herrera's release.

"We don't yet know all the details surrounding this tragic event," said Rockie Gonzales, founder and board chair of of the organization.

"What we do know is that criminalizing pregnant people's choices or pregnancy outcomes, which the state of Texas has done, takes away people's autonomy over their own bodies, and leaves them with no safe options when they choose not to become a parent," Gonzalez said.

Nancy Cárdenas Peña, Texas State Director for Policy and Advocacy for the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Justice, said in a statement that abortion should be available on the woman's own terms where she feels most comfortable.

"Allowing criminal law to be used against people who have ended their own pregnancies serves no reasonable state purpose, but may cause great harm to young people, people with lower incomes, and communities of color, who are most likely to encounter or be reported to law enforcement," Peña said.’

Exactly.

It is neither the role nor responsibility of the state to interfere with citizens’ decisions concerning their private lives.
"It's unclear whether Lizelle Herrera is accused of having an abortion or whether she helped someone else get an abortion."

wow. they took their time to investigate this.

stop making bullshit news.

A woman should have the right to abort their children at any age. Like my mom told me after I smarted off to her one time, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it."
My mother once said she'd kill me then make another kid that looked just like me but didn;t have the smart mouth.

A woman should have the right to abort their children at any age. Like my mom told me after I smarted off to her one time, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it."
I thought my middle name was Goddammit until I was 6 years old.

My first grade teacher asked all the kids what their middle name was so I told her it was Goddammit because that's how my mother always yelled at me for example ( not my real name) Kevin Goddammit!

That's when i got my first detention too

Texas is about to define the mother as an abortion provider through the judicial process.

A woman who supposedly self induced an abortion (because the STATE has made most abortions illegal) has been charged with murder and jailed with a half million dollar bail

Gilead is her folks.

OK so now I am reminded of several hundred abortion threads where opponents swore up and down that there was no intention to jail women who got an abortion. Next, women who have miscarriages getting thrown in the slammer. Won't that be fun?

The details and facts are your side will be the ones paying the price for it politically.

Stay tuned.
You filthy Democrats will just have to learn how to fuck responsibly like all good civilized first world people do…simple shit for decent folks.
Oh, hey look….a brown person killing the unborn…how fucking weird….is the dirty whore legal with legal roots?
otto105 your thoughts?
EB096402-12BE-46BE-8E1F-9E7D5B9CB384.jpeg

The details and facts are your side will be the ones paying the price for it politically.

Stay tuned.
Wow, you talk good English.

Not too connected in terms of content, but ESL has been sort of effective at making you a communicator.

Keep trollin', trollin', trollin'.

NExt thing you know women will be getting arrested for drinking coffee while pregnant.

I bet these zealots would like to just lock all pregnant women up until they give birth
They don't really care. The abortion battle has become nothing more than a spite attack on feminism. If they actually cared about babies they would not be trying to destroy the social programs that help mothers.

"We don't yet know all the details surrounding this tragic event," said Rockie Gonzales, founder and board chair of o the organization.

I would like to know what Rockie Gonzales was referring to as the "tragic event".
Was it the loss of the unborn child or the arrest of the woman?

It shows the duplicity often demonstrated by those who support Choice by devaluing the Unborn Child ...
Then pretending there is some kind of great struggle in deciding to throw it in the trash.

Whataboutism is a failure. It just means that no one wants to own up to any of their policies. Not surprised at all you bought in

No, Whataboutism is alive and well. Your post was the textbook version of it.

You cannot stay on the topic because you might offend your tribe thus you have to try your best to change the subject.

Forum List

Back