Abbott is asking all Texans whether we should become a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary State

If a state can ignore immigration laws and declare themselves a sanctuary state another state can do the same with the Second Amendment. This is where picking and choosing which laws you want enforce leads.

If a state can ignore immigration laws and declare themselves a sanctuary state another state can do the same with the Second Amendment. This is where picking and choosing which laws you want enforce leads.

A state can't ignore immigration laws. A state CAN'T enforce immigration laws. No one can or has stopped the Federal government from enforcing immigration laws other than the Federal government.

Sweet. I think we are about to become a constitutional carry state.
It still kinda pisses me off for 2 reasons :
1. why not get rid of all unconstitutional gun laws instead of adding another law?
2. Calling it "constitutional carry" is an admittance that gun laws are unconstitutional.

A state can't ignore immigration laws. A state CAN'T enforce immigration laws. No one can or has stopped the Federal government from enforcing immigration laws other than the Federal government.
California declared its self a sanctuary state and passed a law which prevented local law enforcement from working with the feds on arresting illegal immigrants. It is still in place as far as I know if they can do that no reason why Texas or any other state can’t do something similar in regards to the Second Amendment.

California declared its self a sanctuary state and passed a law which prevented local law enforcement from working with the feds on arresting illegal immigrants. It is still in place as far as I know if they can do that no reason why Texas or any other state can’t do something similar in regards to the Second Amendment.

Texas is under no obligation to help the Feds enforce federal law. Besides, there isn't going to be any new laws of any consequence.

Texas is under no obligation to help the Feds enforce federal law. Besides, there isn't going to be any new laws of any consequence.
There might or might not be any new laws the more shall we say rabid part of Democratic Party would love some more restrictive gun laws and if they push for them I honestly don’t see Biden pushing back against it. Time will tell.

https://www.gregabbott.com/second-a...mF2uxPwNph08SKGAPaRYYb8N22RKd_wC0o3dtdUJ6BEQk

All Texans, sign on.

I think we should make Texas a sanctuary state from the failed union, but this is a start.

Already did.
There's a map of Texas out there that shows the county's that are already sanctuary county's.
They are high on my list on where we're going to purchase our new property.
Abbot is an embarrassment to self respecting Texans. He should resign now.

Let me guess...you were an Ann Richards fan.
Or were you even alive back then?

As long as the crazy right has a death grip on gerrymandering, we won't have our next Amazing Ann, but that time is coming. We already have a purple tint, and the total change will happen a lot faster than most can imagine. Think how fast Georgia became blue.

Been hearing that since the days of ann.....
Beta couldnt win Texas even though he had huge amounts of cash from Calipronia and other lefty states.
The thing you dont understand...is mexicans are conservatives once they start making money. Which was proved by their support of Trump.

And you think gerrymandering has no effect?

Not really.
If you look at a county map the only people who vote dem are in the cities.
The rest of the state is solid red.
Your reasoning ability is right up there with the very smartest of crazy right wingers. That's pretty sad, isn't it?

Diversion tactic noted.

There might or might not be any new laws the more shall we say rabid part of Democratic Party would love some more restrictive gun laws and if they push for them I honestly don’t see Biden pushing back against it. Time will tell.

There is no way in a 50/50 Senate anything passes.

We have seen both parties find ways around that when it suits them Biden is looking to do it now with the 1.9 trillion stimulus Trump did it with the border wall.

Vice President is the tie breaker.

We have seen both parties find ways around that when it suits them Biden is looking to do it now with the 1.9 trillion stimulus Trump did it with the border wall.

You can get around budget issues. Gun control isn't a budget issue. Besides there is a zero chance Manchin votes for anything consequential. He's not the only one.

Vice President is the tie breaker.

You can get around budget issues. Gun control isn't a budget issue. Besides there is a zero chance Manchin votes for anything consequential. He's not the only one.
True you can get around budget issues and if this was 20 or 30 years ago I would agree on legislation but today when a party doesn’t have the votes it’s no longer try and find a compromise it’s try and find away around Congress. I hope you are right about Manchin the hard left will try and bring a lot of pressure on him to vote their way. I did see in an interview he was pretty honked over VP Harris doing an end run around him in his home state so that’s a good sign. Going to get some chicken strips been nice having conversation that didn’t devolve into name calling and insults.

Forum List

Back