Act of War

This isn't the first time I've heard about Obama ignoring the advice of generals and instead of even TRYING to make a new deal, he just wanted to pull out of Iraq. Think about it, that was actually one of his campaign promises. I don't know what role Bush played by agreeing to an "end date" in all of this. I thought such things were up for negotiation. I do agree that the Iraq War destabilized the area. Is that because of the war itself or because of how we left the place? The Iraqis themselves also hold some responsibility for this mess. Allowing themselves (governmental officials) to be bought and sold by the extremist elements.

Yeah well, his hands aren't clean either.

No they are not............but he had a hell of a lot more understanding of the situation than the Dumb Ass we have now.

Sure, Obama took a bad situation and made it worse. This is just another reason why it is a good idea to stay OUT of the Syrian garbage. Let them sort out their own damn problems! We don't have to involve ourselves in everything!

Listen to Putin...............Our hands aren't clean there...............

Listen carefully about the oil sales there............and why Putin is targeting the hell out of them from the get go as Russia gets into the fight in Syria.....

This isn't the first time I've heard about Obama ignoring the advice of generals and instead of even TRYING to make a new deal, he just wanted to pull out of Iraq. Think about it, that was actually one of his campaign promises. I don't know what role Bush played by agreeing to an "end date" in all of this. I thought such things were up for negotiation. I do agree that the Iraq War destabilized the area. Is that because of the war itself or because of how we left the place? The Iraqis themselves also hold some responsibility for this mess. Allowing themselves (governmental officials) to be bought and sold by the extremist elements.

No they are not............but he had a hell of a lot more understanding of the situation than the Dumb Ass we have now.

Sure, Obama took a bad situation and made it worse. This is just another reason why it is a good idea to stay OUT of the Syrian garbage. Let them sort out their own damn problems! We don't have to involve ourselves in everything!

Listen carefully about the oil sales there............and why Putin is targeting the hell out of them from the get go as Russia gets into the fight in Syria.....

Sorry, I don't really consider Putin, the ex-KGB agent, to be a very honest individual.

Politicians don't listen? The politicians listen. What they're listening to are people who don't understand and want short term goals.
Look at Trump. He's parroting those who are nationalistic and simplistic, and he's doing well. The message is simple, far too simple, but too many people connect to simplistic messages.

He's not saying anything novel or new. He's merely putting it together in a package and being loud about it, and people seem to like that.

You keep blaming Obama for running away. But Bush started the running away. Bush gave Obama the written document that said he had to run away and EVERYONE supported it in politics, like 66% of Republicans supported it. So why would he do any different? HE WAS LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE.

So those who served feel betrayed? Why did they not feel betrayed that they being sent to places like Iraq, under equipped and in a bad situation made by the C-in-C Bush?
The final withdrawal was subject to change based on the situation in Iraq.................In the Presidential debates with Romney he said as much.............The final decision came from the new Commander N Chief and he made the final call....................which was wrong.............He ran on getting us out of there............He had no intentions of staying if the situation wasn't ready for it................You can't blame Bush for decisions he made.............

You talk about the old argument of Under equipped troops............but forget as part of the Budget cuts under Clinton we had a MASSIVE reduction in Military Budget, bases , and troops..........Your side was all too happy to Cheer for that then............and HYPOCRITES LATER for saying we sent men off to War without the equipment after CUTTING THE FUCK OUT OF THE MILITARY...............That is nothing more than circle jerk politics.

So you think it was a wrong call. Is it wrong when 66% of REPUBLICANS thought he should have withdrawn? Isn't that called LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE?

So, you're saying he shouldn't have listened to the people? 75% of them thought he should have withdrawn, and he should have just gone with the 25% because..... because 6 years later and with hindsight, the Republicans changed their mind?

Maybe BUSH shouldn't have gone into Iraq. Yeah, loads of people supported that too. Mainly because of his own propaganda about nuclear programs and WMD which was bullshit and they knew it.
You are the party of excuses.........................Did Obama have to ASK FOR PERMISSION FROM BUSH to make a DECISION IN IRAQ....................Kinda like HEY DAD CAN I USE YOUR CAR..............................

He made the FINAL CALL.....................and you try to lay that Blame on Bush.....................In the Debates Romney warned against it..............AS DID BUSH if the situation warranted a longer stay....................They were RIGHT and Obama was WRONG...................At a minimum our intel network should have remained.........................

Your side is good at blaming OTHERS for your own SHITTY DECISIONS.................Kinda like Libya..........and the Gun Running to Syria out of there..........How'd that TURN OUT............YEMEN......EGYPT..............Obama is a FAILURE.
Bush signed a binding agreement with Iraq a month before he left office. This was after the election and he knew that Obama had campaigned and won the election on promising to end the war and military involvement in Iraq. He could have delayed the agreement and told the Iraqi's they would have to negotiate with the new incoming President. Instead, he dumped a mess on America, the new President and the military and committed the US to follow a time table years into the future so that he and his followers could make the bogus claim that he "ended" the war in Iraq.
Again............I'll take the commanding Generals words over yours............................According to Keane and others they said a deal could have been made and that it wasn't the WHITE WASH BS I keep saying from your side.

With a source you always have to ask yourself. Why did they say what they said?

Sometimes people have their own agendas.

I'm not really sure I'm a party at all. I mean, I don't drink, I don't really go to parties any more. Also, I don't belong to a political party, just on the off chance this is what you were talking about, and I've never voted Republican or Democrat. So.... I'm not sure how I am a party.
You quote the standard talking points of the left. If the shoe fits.

What do you mean "did Obama ask for permission"?
Your side keeps saying it's Bush's fault............the decision wasn't his...........Did you fucking elect a President or a Boy Scout Troop Leader........

Firstly Bush signed the order to leave and started the withdrawal process. Secondly the people, on all sides, were behind the withdrawal. I don't see why you're blaming for something when both sides are to blame for something, that seems to some, a bad idea in HINDSIGHT.
BS........the Generals and Intel agencies were saying don't do it...........it will cause the North to go unstable and get what we have today.......They were ignored.
At the time most people thought it was a GOOD IDEA.
Yeah, Obama campaigned on the COOLNESS of helping CREATE A VACUUM THERE........and another VACUUM in Libya..........he missed his calling as a VACUUM CLEANER SALESMAN.........

Also the strategy of moving more troops to Afghanistan to deal with the situation there, meant that troops had to leave Iraq in order to go somewhere else.
The surge in Afghanistan.........under Obama was working............and if you'd have watched the video's I provided Obama cut too soon and caused the field commanders not to have enough forces to deal with the North there..........and in these areas now we are having major problems..........The Commanders are ordered to more with less..........and then asked why they can win.......pfft.

Firstly, you say it was a shitty decision. I'm not sure on that one. The shitty decisions were taken in 2003 by Bush and Bremer.
That YOUR SIDE agreed to do and said the same things.......

Libya was Obama being a politician, blinded by the desire to be popular. There's nothing positive I can say about his actions there.
Finally something we can agree on.............now tell me about the gun running there back to Syria which ended up in ISIS hands to overthrow Assad.

Moving into Syria is also a really bad idea. He needs to be stronger on his principles, he's too willing to drop them when things change.
Obama's policy was to overthrow Assad.........still is but Russia is now forcing a change in that path..........which is why SOFT targets like the oil fields and oil tankers are finally getting destroyed...........They should have been destroyed over a year ago.

Egypt was Obama moving on something he thought right, and others did, and was wrong, and probably not a great idea, but he didn't do much, it was the Egyptians doing their own thing and finding their own way. So...
aka His foreign policy there was WRONG AGAIN......................

Sorry, I don't really consider Putin, the ex-KGB agent, to be a very honest individual.

He's not my hero but he's right and this video goes right to the point of current targeting of the FUNDING OF ISIS.........aka the other thread on the tankers getting destroyed.

Obama ignored general’s pleas to keep American forces in Iraq

Retired ArmyGen. John M. Keane, who advised commanders in Iraq and helped devise the 2007 troop surge, remembers how the U.S. achieved victory by working hand in hand with Iraq’s military to conduct pinpoint strikes. The effort was so effective that the enemy, al Qaeda in Iraq, stopped sending killers into Iraq because they would be exterminated quickly.

In December 2011, the U.S. military left, led by Army Gen. Lloyd J. Austin III, who now heads U.S. Central Command and is studying options for helping Baghdad survive absent U.S. combat troops.

The exit was completed too soon, Gen. Keane said.

“As we pulled out of Iraq in 2011, just think of this: We had all our intelligence capability there. We knew where the enemy was. We were flying drones. We’re tracking them. We have signals intelligence pouring in, eavesdropping on phone conversations and the rest of it. We’re using our counterterrorism forces to bang against these guys. We’re passing that information to the Iraqis so their commandos can do the same,” the general said.

After several years of reduced violence in Iraq, the Americans left.

“On a given day in 2011, that screen went blank. The Iraqis went from a significant amount of intelligence on what was taking place, and the screen just went blank,” Gen. Keane said.

But generals are generals. Oh, please, keep spending loads of money on the military, make me get promoted a few more times.
aka You hate the military.........I get it............They are ordered to WIN WARS..........and then don't get the support they ask for by people like Obama...................and then told they suck WHEN POLITICIANS TIE THEIR HANDS...................

Spare me....................People like Petraous took control of Northern Iraq when the Dems said the War was lost...............They were...............wait for it...................WRONG AGAIN............

The Dems have a good recent history of being WRONG.

The final withdrawal was subject to change based on the situation in Iraq.................In the Presidential debates with Romney he said as much.............The final decision came from the new Commander N Chief and he made the final call....................which was wrong.............He ran on getting us out of there............He had no intentions of staying if the situation wasn't ready for it................You can't blame Bush for decisions he made.............

You talk about the old argument of Under equipped troops............but forget as part of the Budget cuts under Clinton we had a MASSIVE reduction in Military Budget, bases , and troops..........Your side was all too happy to Cheer for that then............and HYPOCRITES LATER for saying we sent men off to War without the equipment after CUTTING THE FUCK OUT OF THE MILITARY...............That is nothing more than circle jerk politics.

So you think it was a wrong call. Is it wrong when 66% of REPUBLICANS thought he should have withdrawn? Isn't that called LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE?

So, you're saying he shouldn't have listened to the people? 75% of them thought he should have withdrawn, and he should have just gone with the 25% because..... because 6 years later and with hindsight, the Republicans changed their mind?

Maybe BUSH shouldn't have gone into Iraq. Yeah, loads of people supported that too. Mainly because of his own propaganda about nuclear programs and WMD which was bullshit and they knew it.
You are the party of excuses.........................Did Obama have to ASK FOR PERMISSION FROM BUSH to make a DECISION IN IRAQ....................Kinda like HEY DAD CAN I USE YOUR CAR..............................

He made the FINAL CALL.....................and you try to lay that Blame on Bush.....................In the Debates Romney warned against it..............AS DID BUSH if the situation warranted a longer stay....................They were RIGHT and Obama was WRONG...................At a minimum our intel network should have remained.........................

Your side is good at blaming OTHERS for your own SHITTY DECISIONS.................Kinda like Libya..........and the Gun Running to Syria out of there..........How'd that TURN OUT............YEMEN......EGYPT..............Obama is a FAILURE.
Bush signed a binding agreement with Iraq a month before he left office. This was after the election and he knew that Obama had campaigned and won the election on promising to end the war and military involvement in Iraq. He could have delayed the agreement and told the Iraqi's they would have to negotiate with the new incoming President. Instead, he dumped a mess on America, the new President and the military and committed the US to follow a time table years into the future so that he and his followers could make the bogus claim that he "ended" the war in Iraq.
Again............I'll take the commanding Generals words over yours............................According to Keane and others they said a deal could have been made and that it wasn't the WHITE WASH BS I keep saying from your side.

With a source you always have to ask yourself. Why did they say what they said?

Sometimes people have their own agendas.
The military has agendas alright.......................it's called WINNING A WAR....................that is their agenda..................Your statement is utter horse hockey.

And if it turns out to be French nationals who self-radicalized? What, civil war?

Time is up, we know who the enemy is. If they only 'influenced' others to take this action that is enough. They must be dealt with. Evil men will do evil until they are stopped.

Inaction by the West only instills confidence and a great recruiting atmosphere for these groups. "Look! The US and its allies are too afraid to come fight us".

At some point Nato has to put an end to this shit and that moment has arrived.
you sound like a conservative issac. "the moment" arrived on 9/11... twice.

He's not my hero but he's right and this video goes right to the point of current targeting of the FUNDING OF ISIS.........aka the other thread on the tankers getting destroyed.

I'll check it out later. :)

It is such an odd defense that defies logic. Bush created a democracy in Iraq that was a success until Obama lost it. How did Obama lose it. By not going against public opinion and breaking the contract that Bush signed with his successful democratic government. The contract that was supposed to prove Bush's success, that Iraq could stand on its own. Some of you must be contortionists in your day job.
The Battle ongoing was a Civil War between Shiite and Sunni factions...........left over Baathist from Saddam wanting the power back..................The agreement Bush was going for was DEPENDENT ON THE CONDITIONS ON THE GROUND.........................Bush stated that pulling out cold turkey would result in what has happened.....................As did Romney.............................

It doesn't matter..................Obama made the FINAL CALL and it was HIS FINAL DECISION...............I'm sick of the blame game..........because the Generals, Intel agencies, Bush, Romney ALL SAID THIS WOULD HAPPEN when Obama made the final decision......................

He didn't listen.........he wanted out at the first opportunity.............and hauled ass...................knowing later if the place went to shit that he could hold up the document and say IT'S BUSHES FAULT................What a hell of a CNC......................pffft.....................

I got out of the military because I couldn't stomach anymore of Clinton after Somalia.................and now the chump Obama is even worse to our people in Uniform...........

The BUCK STOPS with WHO MADE THE CALL..............and it WAS WRONG.
Umm.... Bush signed the agreement to pull all of our troops out of Iraq. Why would he do that if he believed this would happen?

It is such an odd defense that defies logic. Bush created a democracy in Iraq that was a success until Obama lost it. How did Obama lose it. By not going against public opinion and breaking the contract that Bush signed with his successful democratic government. The contract that was supposed to prove Bush's success, that Iraq could stand on its own. Some of you must be contortionists in your day job.
The Battle ongoing was a Civil War between Shiite and Sunni factions...........left over Baathist from Saddam wanting the power back..................The agreement Bush was going for was DEPENDENT ON THE CONDITIONS ON THE GROUND.........................Bush stated that pulling out cold turkey would result in what has happened.....................As did Romney.............................

It doesn't matter..................Obama made the FINAL CALL and it was HIS FINAL DECISION...............I'm sick of the blame game..........because the Generals, Intel agencies, Bush, Romney ALL SAID THIS WOULD HAPPEN when Obama made the final decision......................

He didn't listen.........he wanted out at the first opportunity.............and hauled ass...................knowing later if the place went to shit that he could hold up the document and say IT'S BUSHES FAULT................What a hell of a CNC......................pffft.....................

I got out of the military because I couldn't stomach anymore of Clinton after Somalia.................and now the chump Obama is even worse to our people in Uniform...........

Umm.... Bush signed the agreement to pull all of our troops out of Iraq. Why would he do that if he believed this would happen?
Bush signed a political agreement.............but had said on repeated occasions that it depended on the conditions at the time frame....................New agreements can be made via negotiation at a later date..........................Reps in Iraqi gov't were pushing for a deal...............it was political appeasement to shut them up.

OK, so let's PRETEND like we kept troops there, and Obama did not bring them home....

what would that rosy scenario be??

how long would the troops be there? would any more troops be killed? would terrorism and jihadists disappear in the whole middle east? would shiites and sunnis be having a lovefest? And in Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt ,Libya, Somalia etc etc.... tell us how wonderful it would all be there in this PRETEND scenario.... I'm all ears.... :rolleyes:
What would have happened is that American troops would have been arrested and tried by an Iraqi court and Republicans would have attacked Obama for leaving troops there without first securing an immunity deal.

Bush signed a political agreement.............but had said on repeated occasions that it depended on the conditions at the time frame....................New agreements can be made via negotiation at a later date..........................Reps in Iraqi gov't were pushing for a deal...............it was political appeasement to shut them up.
Then Bush should never have signed it.

OK, so let's PRETEND like we kept troops there, and Obama did not bring them home....

what would that rosy scenario be??

how long would the troops be there? would any more troops be killed? would terrorism and jihadists disappear in the whole middle east? would shiites and sunnis be having a lovefest? And in Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt ,Libya, Somalia etc etc.... tell us how wonderful it would all be there in this PRETEND scenario.... I'm all ears.... :rolleyes:
I'll let General Keane answer that for you.............

The General in the interview is so uninformed about Iraq that he refers to it as an Arab country. It is unbelievable that guys as uninformed as him are giving advice. Persians and Kurds are not Arabic speaking peoples.
Why are you even offering an opinion?

Arab League Nations Countries
The Arab League comprises of 22 members. The members are Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Tunisia, Algeria, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Somalia, Iraq, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritiana and Yemen. The League is involved in political, economic, cultural and social programs to promote the interests of the member states. It has successfully settled some Arab disputes.

Iraq has been ruled since the inception of the Arab League by Sunni Arabs, who have also always been a minority to the Persian Shia's in Iraq. A big part of the mess in that region is the simple lack of understanding and knowledge about the region and the differing peoples that inhabit it. First and foremost, the difference between Arabs and Persians. Your General Keane who never served a day or ever had any exposure to Iraq is clueless. Today Iraq is ruled by Persians, not Arabs. Arabs and Persians have been fighting via the war of Shiite and Sunni for over 1400 years. America and Bush, in particular, changed the course of history by taking control of Iraq away from Arabs and giving it to Persians. Arabs are attempting to take it back. Syria is allied with the Persians

www.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/10/09/170927.html

differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/culture-miscellaneous/differences-between-arabs-and-persians/

.... and then Bush signs an agreement to pull all of our troops out of Iraq by 2011.

I'm not really sure I'm a party at all. I mean, I don't drink, I don't really go to parties any more. Also, I don't belong to a political party, just on the off chance this is what you were talking about, and I've never voted Republican or Democrat. So.... I'm not sure how I am a party.
You quote the standard talking points of the left. If the shoe fits.

What do you mean "did Obama ask for permission"?
Your side keeps saying it's Bush's fault............the decision wasn't his...........Did you fucking elect a President or a Boy Scout Troop Leader........

Firstly Bush signed the order to leave and started the withdrawal process. Secondly the people, on all sides, were behind the withdrawal. I don't see why you're blaming for something when both sides are to blame for something, that seems to some, a bad idea in HINDSIGHT.
BS........the Generals and Intel agencies were saying don't do it...........it will cause the North to go unstable and get what we have today.......They were ignored.
At the time most people thought it was a GOOD IDEA.
Yeah, Obama campaigned on the COOLNESS of helping CREATE A VACUUM THERE........and another VACUUM in Libya..........he missed his calling as a VACUUM CLEANER SALESMAN.........

Also the strategy of moving more troops to Afghanistan to deal with the situation there, meant that troops had to leave Iraq in order to go somewhere else.
The surge in Afghanistan.........under Obama was working............and if you'd have watched the video's I provided Obama cut too soon and caused the field commanders not to have enough forces to deal with the North there..........and in these areas now we are having major problems..........The Commanders are ordered to more with less..........and then asked why they can win.......pfft.

Firstly, you say it was a shitty decision. I'm not sure on that one. The shitty decisions were taken in 2003 by Bush and Bremer.
That YOUR SIDE agreed to do and said the same things.......

Libya was Obama being a politician, blinded by the desire to be popular. There's nothing positive I can say about his actions there.
Finally something we can agree on.............now tell me about the gun running there back to Syria which ended up in ISIS hands to overthrow Assad.

Moving into Syria is also a really bad idea. He needs to be stronger on his principles, he's too willing to drop them when things change.
Obama's policy was to overthrow Assad.........still is but Russia is now forcing a change in that path..........which is why SOFT targets like the oil fields and oil tankers are finally getting destroyed...........They should have been destroyed over a year ago.

Egypt was Obama moving on something he thought right, and others did, and was wrong, and probably not a great idea, but he didn't do much, it was the Egyptians doing their own thing and finding their own way. So...
aka His foreign policy there was WRONG AGAIN......................

I didn't say I wasn't a lot more left wing that you are. However you made a comment and the shoe doesn't fit. I don't have a party. Yet you're so used to this partisan bullshit bashing game, you don't know when to actually think instead of reverting to the default.

You keep saying the decision wasn't his.

President Bush and Iraq Prime Minister Maliki Sign the Strategic Framework Agreement and Security Agreement

"President Bush and Iraq Prime Minister Maliki Sign the Strategic Framework Agreement and Security Agreement "

"The agreement lays out a framework for the withdrawal of American forces in Iraq -- a withdrawal that is possible because of the success of the surge."

" By signing these agreements we're showing the people of Iraq the United States of America keeps its word. "

(The irony is the right would have preferred it if the US hadn't kept its word)

"And we are leaving the next President with a stable foundation for the future, and an approach that can enjoy broad bipartisan support at home."

(Apparently he left the next president something stable. Should I laugh or cry?)

Text of Strategic Framework Agreement and Security Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq

I wonder why the two documents are UNAVAILABLE.

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/R40011.pdf

The SOFA is described "While there are many similarities between this and other SOFAs concluded by the United States, most do not have an expiration date, but this agreement is set to expire on December 31, 2011."

So, the agreement between the US and Iraq ran out on the 31st December 2011. It was signed by Bush and the Iraqi govt.

Who made this decision? Was it Obama? He wasn't President in November 2008, so how could he have made this decision?

Some Generals called for troops to stay.

US generals call for extension of Iraq war - World Socialist Web Site

Here.

"In an unprecedented display of military intervention into an ongoing political debate in the United States, five high-ranking officers, four of them in command positions in Iraq, have publicly opposed the growing popular demand for immediate withdrawal of US troops and urged the extension of the war at current or even greater levels of violence, for years to come."

The article is dated 27th July 2007. Oh, fuck me with a wooden stick, BUSH was in power, the GENERALS were telling Bush NOT TO WITHDRAW troops and Bush went and signed an agreement to WITHDRAW from Iraq. And somehow this is OBAMA'S fault. How's that?

Key general: Iraq pullout plan a ‘disaster’

"President Obama’s decision to pull all U.S. forces out of Iraq by Dec. 31 is an “absolute disaster” that puts the burgeoning Arab democracy at risk of an Iranian “strangling,” said an architect of the 2007 troop surge that turned around a losing war."

This from October 2011 and the danger, this General says, is from Iran. Not from ISIS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/29/world/middleeast/29iraqweb.html?_r=0

Then again others said this:

"
U.S. Commander Says Iraq Forces Ready"

"

Gen. Ray Odierno, the American commander in Iraq, said Sunday that Iraq’s military and police units were ready to operate on their own, ahead of Tuesday’s deadline for the withdrawal of American combat troops from the country’s cities and towns.

“I do believe they’re ready,” General Odierno said from Baghdad on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “They’ve been working towards this for a long time. And security remains good.”"

Oh, so some said it would be a disaster, others said it would be okay. So, who do you listen to?

Panetta: Iraq will ask for some US troops to stay

The CIA, I don't see any sources from you about intel saying the US should stay, said they expected the Iraqis to ask US troops to stay. As if, get this, it all depended on whether the IRAQIS agreed that US troops should stay and not on whether the US wanted troops to stay.

"I think it's clear to me that Iraq is considering the possibility of making a request for some kind of presence to remain there," Panetta said, adding that it was contingent on what Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki requests. "I have every confidence that a request like that is something that I think will be forthcoming at some point.""

So where does the intelligence come from that supports staying then?

In Egypt, Obama didn't "campaign", he merely didn't do much. What was he supposed to do? What would you have done to keep Mubarak in Egypt (after going on about Democracy in Iraq and how important it is?) In Egypt there never was a political vacuum.

Do you think the US can ever win in Afghanistan?

The British have been in three times, twice when they were THE world superpower, and got kicked out. The third time with the US, THE world superpower and didn't succeed. The USSR also got kicked out, one of two Superpowers.

You really think anyone can win there? I don't.

Again, "my side", er.... yeah, we've been over this.

More Democrats voted NO than YES in the House. 82/126. In the Senate it was 29/21

Sanders voted AGAINST the war.

However the thing with political parties in the US is that there isn't a defining line of what makes a person a Democrat of Republican. I'm not a Democrat, I don't like the party, and I don't necessarily agree with the opinions of ALL Democrats. To be honest many Democrats are conservatives for me.

The first name on the list, Evan Bayh, Democratic Senator from Indiana.

Anti-Abortion, has a 100% rating from the NARAL.

60% rating from the ACLU on civil rights.

He's pro-Israel anti-Iran

"Bayh was an early supporter of the idea of removing Saddam from power for humanitarian reasons.[16] On October 2, 2002, Bayh joined President George W. Bush and Congressional leaders in a Rose Garden ceremony announcing their agreement on the joint resolution authorizing the Iraq War, and was thanked by Bush and Senator John McCain for co-sponsoring the resolution."

This guy isn't a liberal, he's not left wing, he's center right at best. He stands in the Democratic Party. What does that mean? To me it doesn't mean that much. To himself I don't know.

You want me to tell you stuff you already know about? I'm not big on back-patting and self congratulations and all that crap.

Obama's foreign policy hasn't been great. Nor was Bush's. Clinton's was okay, he was in a different era, but he was doing stuff to make himself and his legacy look good, rather than caring. He didn't go into Rwanda, but he did go into Kosovo.

US foreign policy in general has been shockingly bad for a long, LONG time.

Well, anyway, I think probably everyone in the government has dirty hands when it comes to the Middle East and our affairs over there, but the past is the past, and you can't change it and bitching about it doesn't change it either. Better to try and concentrate on what is going on now and what should or shouldn't be done about it.

That was in 2007 before the "surge." After that, Bush sent in more troops into Iraq, declared it was a success, and signed an agreement with Iraq to withdraw all of our troops. Clearly, by the end of his presidency, Bush believed our involvement in Iraq was no longer needed.

Obama ignored general’s pleas to keep American forces in Iraq

Retired ArmyGen. John M. Keane, who advised commanders in Iraq and helped devise the 2007 troop surge, remembers how the U.S. achieved victory by working hand in hand with Iraq’s military to conduct pinpoint strikes. The effort was so effective that the enemy, al Qaeda in Iraq, stopped sending killers into Iraq because they would be exterminated quickly.

In December 2011, the U.S. military left, led by Army Gen. Lloyd J. Austin III, who now heads U.S. Central Command and is studying options for helping Baghdad survive absent U.S. combat troops.

The exit was completed too soon, Gen. Keane said.

“As we pulled out of Iraq in 2011, just think of this: We had all our intelligence capability there. We knew where the enemy was. We were flying drones. We’re tracking them. We have signals intelligence pouring in, eavesdropping on phone conversations and the rest of it. We’re using our counterterrorism forces to bang against these guys. We’re passing that information to the Iraqis so their commandos can do the same,” the general said.

After several years of reduced violence in Iraq, the Americans left.

“On a given day in 2011, that screen went blank. The Iraqis went from a significant amount of intelligence on what was taking place, and the screen just went blank,” Gen. Keane said.

But generals are generals. Oh, please, keep spending loads of money on the military, make me get promoted a few more times.
aka You hate the military.........I get it............They are ordered to WIN WARS..........and then don't get the support they ask for by people like Obama...................and then told they suck WHEN POLITICIANS TIE THEIR HANDS...................

Spare me....................People like Petraous took control of Northern Iraq when the Dems said the War was lost...............They were...............wait for it...................WRONG AGAIN............

The Dems have a good recent history of being WRONG.

Sure, I hate the military. Oh, wait, I was in one military and worked for another, yeah, I get it, you're talking crap and making shit up about me.

But I also know that the military will try and improve the lot of the military, and the politicians aren't there to just give in to the generals every time they ask for a blow job.

The reps AND dems have a good record of being wrong. So what?

The military has agendas alright.......................it's called WINNING A WAR....................that is their agenda..................Your statement is utter horse hockey.

Oh come off it. The military men also have their agendas in making the army larger. A larger army means more generals, and more opportunities for promotion. They also need wars in order to be able to win them. You get the point here?

Forum List

Back