Adam Lanza's Attack Took Less Than 5 Minutes

You've got exactly the right idea at the end; it starts with "me". But the "legislate culture" concern is misplaced. You can't legislate culture and I never suggested that approach (actually if I thought we could legislate culture I wouldn't be wasting the energy on message board; I'd be pitching it to legislators).
I never said that you did but apparently you would be willing if possible. The point I was truying to make is that most of these threads, and the general discourse in the country, is of finding solutions and we are faced with a problem that essentially does not have any. At least not any that can be realized in a short length of time.

It really was not a concern – it was a point that we are not going to be able to change it. People HAVE advocated for it though. It is one of the reasons that I think LaPierre should be fired. It is what he advocated for – censorship. Asinine if you ask me and it was all in a vain attempt to steer the discourse away from guns onto another right, something that no rights advocate should ever do.
Clearly not every problem is solved by throwing legislation at the problem, least of all culture. Teach your children well. It takes time. But the longest journey begins with a single step.
This is true, if only others would accept that. Instead, they all want to make changes so they feel better even if it is not actually doing anything.

10 x 30 = 154?

"Police recovered 10 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster that Lanza took to the school. Three of the magazines had a full 30 rounds still in them".

Logic? Change it to Lonestar Lunacy. After all, one expects someone with logic to be able to read.

From previous reports I've read, he didn't wait until the 30 round magazines were emptied before he changed them out. He was hellbent to keep on reloading, so if you take 300 - 154 fired you're down to 146. Then if you subtract the 3 30-round clips that were unused you're down to 56. That means of the 7 clips he used he has an average of 8 unused bullets in the 7 partially used clips. That means of the 7 30-round clips he left a number of bullets in each of them and he reloaded 6 times. He was one twisted, sick individual.

what that does demonstrate

is that a ban on 30 round magazines is ineffective idea

for the stated goals of the gun grabbers

Was their any mention of Lanza wearing a web belt with magazine pouches or a wearing a coat with large size pockets? or did he have a back pack?
This says a utility vest with pockets.

Newtown shootings: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooter Adam Lanza Wore Earplugs - Hartford Courant
Here's another inconsistent flaw in what the media is reporting
Lanza left a shotgun, capable of firing 20 rounds, in the trunk of the car. All of the guns were registered to his mother, Nancy Lanza, and appear to have been bought legally between 2010 and 2012, sources said.
Connecticut has had an assault weapons ban since 1993 how could she purchase a bushmaster between 2010 and 2012 and it be legal?

yes that is a good question

was the "assault shotgun" banned as well under that states law

making for two illegal firearms the mother owned

Lanza left a shotgun, capable of firing 20 rounds, in the trunk of the car. All of the guns were registered to his mother, Nancy Lanza, and appear to have been bought legally between 2010 and 2012, sources said.
Connecticut has had an assault weapons ban since 1993 how could she purchase a bushmaster between 2010 and 2012 and it be legal?

Who said they were hers? The media is how conspiracies get started.

the cops said it

they usually can tell because of the 4473 forms

if the firearms came through a FFL

( we already have a defacto registration system)

but you are right about another odd piece missing in the puzzle

usually right off the bat the media is all over the store

where the firearms came from

this time not so much

the cops said it

this time not so much

So the cops said they were hers, but how can a bushmaster that was purchased between 2010 and 2012 be a legally purchased firearm when it's illegal to possess one that was manufactured after 1993 in Connecticut?

the cops said it

this time not so much

So the cops said they were hers, but how can a bushmaster that was purchased between 2010 and 2012 be a legally purchased firearm when it's illegal to possess one that was manufactured after 1993 in Connecticut?

she must have either gotten it out of state

or the state does not enforce the ban

either way it is demonstration of how bans

are not effective

they could have still been legally purchased

in another state for example

however the mother illegally brought them into the state

or assembled them in the state

and certainly illegally possessed them

the cops said it

this time not so much

are not effective

It doesn't matter where she got it, you cannot possess an assault weapon in Connecticut manufactured after 1993. Even if the state doesn't enforce the ban (which I doubt) the police and the media cannot say the firearm was legally purchased.

Also, the gun shop that Nancy Lanza was supposed to have bought the assault weapon from was raided a few days later.

EAST WINDSOR, Conn. -- The gun shop where a police source said Nancy Lanza bought the semiautomatic rifle that police say her son used to kill 20 children and six staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School had a history of problems, even before federal firearms inspectors swarmed it on Thursday.

Connecticut school shooting: Gun shop where Nancy Lanza bought rifle raided, had problematic history - The York Daily Record

are not effective

It doesn't matter where she got it, you cannot possess an assault weapon in Connecticut manufactured after 1993. Even if the state doesn't enforce the ban (which I doubt) the police and the media cannot say the firearm was legally purchased.

Also, the gun shop that Nancy Lanza was supposed to have bought the assault weapon from was raided a few days later.

EAST WINDSOR, Conn. -- The gun shop where a police source said Nancy Lanza bought the semiautomatic rifle that police say her son used to kill 20 children and six staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School had a history of problems, even before federal firearms inspectors swarmed it on Thursday.

Connecticut school shooting: Gun shop where Nancy Lanza bought rifle raided, had problematic history - The York Daily Record

that is a weird article

are not effective

it doesn't matter where she got it, you cannot possess an assault weapon in connecticut manufactured after 1993. Even if the state doesn't enforce the ban (which i doubt) the police and the media cannot say the firearm was legally purchased.

Also, the gun shop that nancy lanza was supposed to have bought the assault weapon from was raided a few days later.

east windsor, conn. -- the gun shop where a police source said nancy lanza bought the semiautomatic rifle that police say her son used to kill 20 children and six staff members at sandy hook elementary school had a history of problems, even before federal firearms inspectors swarmed it on thursday.

connecticut school shooting: Gun shop where nancy lanza bought rifle raided, had problematic history - the york daily record

that is a weird article

true, so whose lying? The media or the police or both?

it doesn't matter where she got it, you cannot possess an assault weapon in connecticut manufactured after 1993. Even if the state doesn't enforce the ban (which i doubt) the police and the media cannot say the firearm was legally purchased.

Also, the gun shop that nancy lanza was supposed to have bought the assault weapon from was raided a few days later.

connecticut school shooting: Gun shop where nancy lanza bought rifle raided, had problematic history - the york daily record

that is a weird article

true, so whose lying? The media or the police or both?

the article does not make sense

how could the store be selling banned firearms

Was their any mention of Lanza wearing a web belt with magazine pouches or a wearing a coat with large size pockets? or did he have a back pack?
This says a utility vest with pockets.

Newtown shootings: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooter Adam Lanza Wore Earplugs - Hartford Courant

I just want to be sure about this.
A Bushmaster is an assault weapon - right?

They say it is.

They say it is.

Federal law that bans the owning or creation of bombs, landmines, grenades or any rocket-propelled weapon should be amended to include ANY configuration of a gun that can kill people en masse. It's just that simple.

Stupid gun nuts on this board want to bury the argument in semantics. I hope you don't have to bury your children because of the ignorance you demonstrate here.

Right now gun laws are riddled (no pun intended) with "with the exception of" in almost every line of their statutes, so there may be many gun control laws on the books, but they are ineffectual in application much less enforcement.

Last edited:

Not if it was sold 1994-2004.

Forum List

Back