Adam Lanza's Attack Took Less Than 5 Minutes

10 x 30 = 154?

"Police recovered 10 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster that Lanza took to the school. Three of the magazines had a full 30 rounds still in them".

Logic? Change it to Lonestar Lunacy. After all, one expects someone with logic to be able to read.

From previous reports I've read, he didn't wait until the 30 round magazines were emptied before he changed them out. He was hellbent to keep on reloading, so if you take 300 - 154 fired you're down to 146. Then if you subtract the 3 30-round clips that were unused you're down to 56. That means of the 7 clips he used he has an average of 8 unused bullets in the 7 partially used clips. That means of the 7 30-round clips he left a number of bullets in each of them and he reloaded 6 times. He was one twisted, sick individual.

Last edited:
That's ^^ a serious use of a tool, considering it's one designed to take a life.

Here's where your logic fails: A garden hoe is a tool too. Do we have a hoe culture? Do we have a National Hoe Association? Do we have an obligatory scene of a gardener hoeing in every TV drama and movie? Do we have hoe video games? A hoe religion? Hoe shows? A foreign policy of going to other countries and hoeing their fields?

We don't. A hoe is not an implement of destruction, which means we're not interested.

But if a hoe could be made to mow down 20 kids in five minutes because it looked really cool in a video game -- we would. Because that's what we like -- blowing things up, blowing things away and destroying shit. George W. Bush recounted how he would stuff frogs with firecrackers and blow them up. That's not his personal perversion; it's the culture he grew up in. He was a child of his culture, as are we. As was Adam Lanza.

That's why I keep coming back to the culture; it's always there behind every shooting, whether it's an "assault" weapon or not, whether it's a mass random shooting or a targeted murder. whether the culprit is mentally deranged or a cold calculating hit man; the gun fetish is the commonality throughout.

Guns don't kill people; the idea that it's a cool thing to do so with them does.
the idea that it's a cool thing to do so with them does.

If you think it cools that's on you
Again your wires are cross and not connecting with your brain.

I don't think it is, but then it's not my idea or one I subscribe to. Nor am I a killer.

You are the one that said the idea to kill someone was cool. I don't think it is and have never thought of it in that way. Guns are tools to be used to defend yourself with, not to go after people. As a trained and experience plumber I have specific tools to do specific jobs with. I'm not going too use a pipe wrench on a flush valve. I'll use a spud wrench so I will not damage the chrome on the fixture. Just as a trained and experience plumber, I am a trained and experience gun owner, I'm not going to use that specific tool unless absolutely necessary. Now stop using that brush with the broad stroke.

10 x 30 = 154?

"Police recovered 10 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster that Lanza took to the school. Three of the magazines had a full 30 rounds still in them".

Logic? Change it to Lonestar Lunacy. After all, one expects someone with logic to be able to read.

Was their any mention of Lanza wearing a web belt with magazine pouches or a wearing a coat with large size pockets? or did he have a back pack?

For the record, they are called MAGAZINES, NOT CLIPS

Ahhhh...that felt better.

Uh - no, I don't think that works. We have what -- 300 million guns in this country? More? And a large portion of that undocumented. Truth is, we could pass legislation tomorrow making all guns illegal across the board, and those who want one (or two or three) would still be able to get them. That's not the answer.

The key word is "want".

You don't stop a shooter who's intent on shooting. But take away his desire to shoot in the first place, and you have no issue to deal with. As I noted back in 139, we are a culture that celebrates death and guns, every opportunity we get. Television, movies, books, games, internet message boards, the NRA, foreign policy, even religion. And that's why he (Lanza) chose not only the action but the method. If we were a culture that celebrated death and poisoning, then we'd be talking about a poisoning episode at Sandy Hook.

Stop glorifying gunplay, stop holding Almighty Gun up as some deity, jettison the culture of destroying things, and abandon the idea that the answer to violence is even more violence.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our guns but in ourselves. Our values, to which we are underlings. What the fuck are we thinking with this culture of destruction shit?
I have no doubt Shakespeare would have put it just like that. :cool:

Stop glorifying gunplay, stop holding Almighty Gun up as some deity, jettison the culture of destroying things, and abandon the idea that the answer to violence is even more violence.

This is where your wires are getting crossed. Only the anti gunners think guns are some super beings I hold my rights higher than anything and the gun is a tool in place that will be what I use to defend those rights.

That's ^^ a serious use of a tool, considering it's one designed to take a life.

Here's where your logic fails: A garden hoe is a tool too. Do we have a hoe culture? Do we have a National Hoe Association? Do we have an obligatory scene of a gardener hoeing in every TV drama and movie? Do we have hoe video games? A hoe religion? Hoe shows? A foreign policy of going to other countries and hoeing their fields?

We don't. A hoe is not an implement of destruction, which means we're not interested.

But if a hoe could be made to mow down 20 kids in five minutes because it looked really cool in a video game -- we would. Because that's what we like -- blowing things up, blowing things away and destroying shit. George W. Bush recounted how he would stuff frogs with firecrackers and blow them up. That's not his personal perversion; it's the culture he grew up in. He was a child of his culture, as are we. As was Adam Lanza.

That's why I keep coming back to the culture; it's always there behind every shooting, whether it's an "assault" weapon or not, whether it's a mass random shooting or a targeted murder. whether the culprit is mentally deranged or a cold calculating hit man; the gun fetish is the commonality throughout.

Guns don't kill people; the idea that it's a cool thing to do so with them does.

If you think it cools that's on you
Again your wires are cross and not connecting with your brain.

I don't think it is, but then it's not my idea or one I subscribe to. Nor am I a killer.

You are the one that said the idea to kill someone was cool. I don't think it is and have never thought of it in that way. Guns are tools to be used to defend yourself with, not to go after people. As a trained and experience plumber I have specific tools to do specific jobs with. I'm not going too use a pipe wrench on a flush valve. I'll use a spud wrench so I will not damage the chrome on the fixture. Just as a trained and experience plumber, I am a trained and experience gun owner, I'm not going to use that specific tool unless absolutely necessary. Now stop using that brush with the broad stroke.

I forgot you are an illiterate dickhead who's willing to intentionally act stupid in order to avoid an inconvenient point. Obviously that supply of Coors isn't exhausted yet.
My mistake for posting over your head, although almost everything is.

This kind of intentional pig-ignorance is what keeps us mired in the mud.

Last edited:

I forgot you are an illiterate dickhead. Obviously that supply of Coors isn't exhausted yet.

I'm trying to remain civil with you. Why must you lie and attack? is it because your position is flawed? Run out of talking points?

Mike quick question do you know if it was reported if Lanza was wearing a web belt with magazine pouches or a wearing a coat with large size pockets? or did he have a back pack?

Uh - no, I don't think that works. We have what -- 300 million guns in this country? More? And a large portion of that undocumented. Truth is, we could pass legislation tomorrow making all guns illegal across the board, and those who want one (or two or three) would still be able to get them. That's not the answer.

The key word is "want".

You don't stop a shooter who's intent on shooting. But take away his desire to shoot in the first place, and you have no issue to deal with. As I noted back in 139, we are a culture that celebrates death and guns, every opportunity we get. Television, movies, books, games, internet message boards, the NRA, foreign policy, even religion. And that's why he (Lanza) chose not only the action but the method. If we were a culture that celebrated death and poisoning, then we'd be talking about a poisoning episode at Sandy Hook.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our guns but in ourselves. Our values, to which we are underlings. What the fuck are we thinking with this culture of destruction shit?

This is where your wires are getting crossed. Only the anti gunners think guns are some super beings I hold my rights higher than anything and the gun is a tool in place that will be what I use to defend those rights.

I forgot you are an illiterate dickhead. Obviously that supply of Coors isn't exhausted yet.

I'm trying to remain civil with you. Why must you lie and attack? is it because your position is flawed? Run out of talking points?

It's because you're a dishonest hack. You deliberately misrepresent my post, conveniently excising it out. I just put it back.

Ignorant asshole.

your common sense hardwire is not connecting with your brain. how do you stop someone from shooting a large group of people?
By disarming that large group of people?

The key word is "want".

Todays Culture is a huge part of it, but discussing it in this thread at this point is rather moot, seeing as it's getting to the point that the thread has just about run its course.

Start a new thread, from a different perspective, so people who've abandoned or unsubscribed from this one, may show up to discuss from a culture issue perspective, and not as just gun issue perspective.....Because yes, banning guns, or enacting further restrictions in any way will not do a damn thing to even remotely curb the violence.

Just a suggestion, and I know i'd participate in another thread on the subject.....And if you do start a new one, shoot me a PM.....I'd start one, i'm just not in the mood.

I've actually been making exactly this point as long as I've been here -- it was the hot topic at the time I signed on in December. It usually gets shouted down, negged, and shunted off to other disingenuous distortions. Like BigReb just did. All we can do is keep putting it out there until it starts to sink in...

I'll call you in the next time we find what seems at the time to be fertile ground.

It's because you're a dishonest hack. You deliberately misrepresent my post, conveniently excising it out. I just put it back.

Ignorant asshole.

First you lied when you called me illiterate
Now you lie when you say I misrepresented what you said.
Any misrepresentation was your view of gun owners.
You're the one that made the statement
I don't think about as cool but since you thought enough about to say it you must think it's cool.
As I said Any misrepresentation was your view of gun owners.
Now you've lost your argument.

"Fuck the symtom".

In other words, "who gives a shit if kids are getting killed? They can keep getting killed until we figure out what makes killers tick."

Let's run around, throw our hands in the air and holler "The children!! The children!!"

That'll work.

"Fuck the symtom".

In other words, "who gives a shit if kids are getting killed? They can keep getting killed until we figure out what makes killers tick."

How about we allow people who aren't sociopaths to carry their weapons on school grounds while we figure it out? Even if a sick SOB "falls through the cracks" there's likely to be an armed person who hasn't snapped to take care of them.

An armed principal or another teacher could have snuffed that little scumbag out at the door

10 x 30 = 154?

Was their any mention of Lanza wearing a web belt with magazine pouches or a wearing a coat with large size pockets? or did he have a back pack?
This says a utility vest with pockets.

Newtown shootings: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooter Adam Lanza Wore Earplugs - Hartford Courant

Ignorant asshole.

First you lied when you called me illiterate
Now you lie when you say I misrepresented what you said.
Any misrepresentation was your view of gun owners.
You're the one that made the statement
I don't think about as cool but since you thought enough about to say it you must think it's cool.
As I said Any misrepresentation was your view of gun owners.
Now you've lost your argument.

So you're saying you're not pretending, you really are so fucking stupid you can't read what's sitting right over your own words.

Actually, I remember this is not the first time. I gave you too much credit for literacy. At least it's there for the literate world.

And btw I didn't even mention gun owners, ya dumb illiterate shit.

"Fuck the symtom".

How about we allow people who aren't sociopaths to carry their weapons on school grounds while we figure it out? Even if a sick SOB "falls through the cracks" there's likely to be an armed person who hasn't snapped to take care of them.

An armed principal or another teacher could have snuffed that little scumbag out at the door

That's a strawman y'all are responding to. I thought it was so inane it wasn't even worth acknowledging.

I like her avatar though. It illustrates what I mean about our culture of death.

The culture of death isn't the group that celebrates new beginnings...it's the little freaks who don't think children rate protection while they try to figure out how to *prevent* crazy murderous people from happening.

Mike quick question do you know if it was reported if Lanza was wearing a web belt with magazine pouches or a wearing a coat with large size pockets? or did he have a back pack?

I'm sorry. I don't recall.

Neither do I and I've read the inventory list that was released. but old rocks said Lanza had 10 30 round magazines. Can you imagine how bulky that would be and carrying all those hand guns and the bushmaster?

10 x 30 = 154?

This says a utility vest with pockets.

Newtown shootings: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooter Adam Lanza Wore Earplugs - Hartford Courant
Here's another inconsistent flaw in what the media is reporting
Lanza left a shotgun, capable of firing 20 rounds, in the trunk of the car. All of the guns were registered to his mother, Nancy Lanza, and appear to have been bought legally between 2010 and 2012, sources said.
Connecticut has had an assault weapons ban since 1993 how could she purchase a bushmaster between 2010 and 2012 and it be legal?

Forum List

Back