Adam Schiff running for Senate

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) announced his candidacy for Senate on Tuesday, joining Rep. Katie Porter (D-Calif.) in the 2024 primary race to fill a California seat that hasn’t even been vacated yet.

“We’re in the fight of our lives for the future of our country,” Schiff said in a statement. “Our democracy is under assault from MAGA extremists, who care only about gaining power and keeping it. And our economy is simply not working for millions of Americans, who are working harder than ever just to get by.”

“And at this moment, we need a fighter for our democracy and our families, which is why I’m launching my campaign to be the next U.S. Senator for California,” he added.

Rep. Adam Schiff Jumps Into California Senate Race

Great news! I think he would be a great Senator! What do you think?

I apologize if there is already a thread on this.
Why would Schiff be a "great senator?"

Because he is a liar and a far left zealot? :smoke:
2 days ago he insisted he was indispensable .. a must have .. with the House intel committee .. followed by an announcement to abandon his seat as a representative to become a Senator .. for a Senator who has yet to announce her retirement.

I hear Chuck Schumer is super excited ..

2 days ago he insisted he was indispensable .. a must have .. with the House intel committee .. followed by an announcement to abandon his seat as a representative to become a Senator .. for a Senator who has yet to announce her retirement.

I hear Chuck Schumer is super excited ..
Feinstein won't be coming back, that I'm sure of.
She is the only one in DC that can talk to Biden and seems to
understand him.

You felt you needed to say that? Who was arguing with you?
I was talking about Schiff all along. The most far left candidate.
Don't worry, you lefties do this all the time, it's not just you.
From experience with you and your word games, you sure know how to outdo yourself on a regular basis.

Muller did not establish collusion in a crime -- because there was not sufficient evidence. The inference here is that there was evidence of a crime, jut not enough in his opinion
yes, there was no evidence to support a crime according to Mueller...but the issue is Shifty said there was and he had it...so why did he obstruct the Mueller probe and not turn that evidence over? Or was he just lying?

A swing and a miss. He was misleading everyone.
Bless your heart, Dante
Not misleading here.

quotes:

Schiff responded saying the evidence "is in plain sight, not hidden anywhere."

"We went through that evidence," Schiff said in defense. "The Russians offered dirt on Hillary Clinton in writing and sent it to [Donald Trump] Jr. And Don Jr.’s response was in writing and said, ‘As for your offer of foreign illegal help, I would love it.’ He accepted the offer."

Schiff went on to note the Trump Tower meeting between senior members of the Trump campaign, including Donald Trump Jr., and a Russian lawyer in June 2016, as well as Trump Jr.'s subsequent misleading statements about the meeting.

"You have an offer of illegal help, you have acceptance of that offer, you have an overact and furtherance of that conspiracy," Schiff exclaimed. "That is I think by any rational American's expectation the personification of collusion."

Schiff then said that former special counsel Robert Mueller needed to answer if he could prove the elements of the crime of conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt.

"There is a difference between what we understand is collusion and whether you can prove all the elements of a crime," Schiff said.

McCain shifted gears after his response, asking Schiff if he thought Mueller's testimony Wednesday could be called a success for Democrats.

"If you are measuring whether this is a success in terms of whether it brings us closer to impeachment or not, that was not my object with wanting him to come in," Schiff said. "My object was to find out what work did you do."

Word games? Hardly
You lefties can't debate what is being stated, so you create your own scenario
and argue that, not what was stated.
You are parroting what her opposition, Nick Taurus, said about her. Go figure. A true MAGAtard with a big mouth.

yes, there was no evidence to support a crime according to Mueller...but the issue is Shifty said there was and he had it...so why did he obstruct the Mueller probe and not turn that evidence over? Or was he just lying?
here's what Schiff said:
Schiff responded saying the evidence "is in plain sight, not hidden anywhere."

"We went through that evidence," Schiff said in defense. "The Russians offered dirt on Hillary Clinton in writing and sent it to [Donald Trump] Jr. And Don Jr.’s response was in writing and said, ‘As for your offer of foreign illegal help, I would love it.’ He accepted the offer."

Schiff went on to note the Trump Tower meeting between senior members of the Trump campaign, including Donald Trump Jr., and a Russian lawyer in June 2016, as well as Trump Jr.'s subsequent misleading statements about the meeting.

"You have an offer of illegal help, you have acceptance of that offer, you have an overact and furtherance of that conspiracy," Schiff exclaimed. "That is I think by any rational American's expectation the personification of collusion."

Schiff then said that former special counsel Robert Mueller needed to answer if he could prove the elements of the crime of conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt.

"There is a difference between what we understand is collusion and whether you can prove all the elements of a crime," Schiff said.

McCain shifted gears after his response, asking Schiff if he thought Mueller's testimony Wednesday could be called a success for Democrats.

"If you are measuring whether this is a success in terms of whether it brings us closer to impeachment or not, that was not my object with wanting him to come in," Schiff said. "My object was to find out what work did you do."

Forum List

Back