Advice for the Tea Party

Neither of you know what you are talking about. You are both poseurs, neither a conservative but merely reactionaries much further to the right. You don't have influence in the party any more, thanks heavens, but be sure to vote for you candidates this fall.

You're just plain ignorant. 'nuff said.

Then, JohnRocks, why call anyone a "liberal" as if that is a bad thing?

You contradict yourself with every post.

I don't call people a liberal all the time, hell, I refer to myself occasionally as a "classical liberal", it boils down to statists and authoritarians, government interventionists and government interventionists, things like that for me , not liberal vs. conservative when you can't ;or won't ; even give a simple definition of what you think they are.

You say definitions do not matter then you throw terms around like a pitcher with four types of waste pitches. Come on, be consistent.

Last edited:
Neither of you know what you are talking about. You are both poseurs, neither a conservative but merely reactionaries much further to the right. You don't have influence in the party any more, thanks heavens, but be sure to vote for you candidates this fall.

As long as you vote, Kat, call me late for dinner if you want.

Then, JohnRocks, why call anyone a "liberal" as if that is a bad thing?

You contradict yourself with every post.

I don't call people a liberal all the time, hell, I refer to myself occasionally as a "classical liberal", it boils down to statists and authoritarians, government interventionists and government interventionists, things like that for me , not liberal vs. conservative when you can't ;or won't ; even give a simple definition of what you think they are.

You say definitions not matter then you throw terms around like a pitcher with four types of waste pitches. Come on, be consistent.

I like discussing issues and since I've been here, all I see from you is things like this; telling people how inconsistent they are,how ignorant they are or tossing words like "moderate","far right wing" or "extremist" around, I simply asked a question in a ;what I thought to be; a civil and non threatening way and it has led to this tit for tat bs, had you simply addressed the question or throw out some stands on a few issues, I might would come to the conclusion that we agree on far more than we disagree.

I gave a simple answer, JR. I will give it again in a slightly different mode: historical, traditional terms, etc. I resist any of the revisionist terminology of the far reactionary right, such as the redoing of paradigms into simplistic 'right is good' and 'left is bad' any more than I accept the far lefties doing the same thing.

So from a historical standpoint, you consider a conservative to be one who wants to "conserve", to resist change, a "moderate someone like Howard Baker or John Breaux who was known as being pragmatic,trying to find common ground and seeking compromise, a far right person to be someone who wants radical change like Skinheads or Klan?

Not trying to be a smart alec, just trying to see from what perspective your coming from is all.

Is Ron Paul an example of a conservative, far right or what, same with Bush, John McCain and Lindsay Graham.

Other labels like neo conservatives and social conservatives, are they far right in your opinion, how about libertarians? See, these labels now used, don't seem to have a historical perspective, Milton Friedman called himself a liberal yet it was in the vein of Thomas Jefferson, not Edward Kennedy so do you see how historical references are in the "eye of the beholder"?

As long as you vote, Kat, call me late for dinner if you want.

...not even if you were the last on earth........

Then, Kat, as long as you vote, don't call me for dinner. :lol:

Tell johnrocks that he can offer definitions if he wishes. I have told him what mine are, historical and traditional.

Then, Kat, as long as you vote, don't call me for dinner. :lol:

Tell johnrocks that he can offer definitions if he wishes. I have told him what mine are, historical and traditional.
typical for you
when challenged for what you actually believe, you deflect

That would be...

Liberal...Founding Fathers
Conservative....British

From a historical and traditional perspective, hardly how most define them, if you do then great;I know others who do; I will at least have something to reference instead of such vague statements as the ones given.

Very good.

Far right reactionaries = Tories, Loyalists.

Left and center and responsible conservatives = Patriots, Defenders of the Conservatives.

That was exactly what he implied and I corrected it. I am polite to those who are polite, and to those who are fair to the facts. If you are impolite and if you deliberately misstate (divecon and johnrocks are in that grou), I could give a flying flip. Kat, you have merely been defending your side, nothing wrong with that from my side.

That was exactly what he implied and I corrected it. I am polite to those who are polite, and to those who are fair to the facts. If you are impolite and if you deliberately misstate (divecon and johnrocks are in that grou), I could give a flying flip. Kat, you have merely been defending your side, nothing wrong with that from my side.

I have a side? What side would that be snookums'

the way you post is what gets you called a moron, moron

Forum List

Back