Aetna Pulls Out Of Another Obamacare Health Exchange

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Aug 29 (Reuters) - Aetna Inc has decided not to sell insurance on New York's individual health insurance exchange, which is being created under President Barack Obama's healthcare reform law, the fifth state where it has reversed course in recent weeks.

The third-largest U.S. health insurer has said it is seeking to limit its exposure to the risks of providing health plans to America's uninsured, but did not give details about its decision to pull out of specific markets.

"We believe it is critical that our plans not only be competitive, but also financially viable, in order to meet the long-term needs of the exchanges in which we choose to participate. On New York, as a result of our analysis, we reluctantly came to the conclusion to withdraw," Aetna spokeswoman Cynthia Michener said.

The New York decision comes as states finalize the roster of health plans that will be offered to millions of uninsured Americans beginning on Oct. 1.

Last edited:
obamacare is not workable it will lead to single payer. Everybody knows it the only ones that support it think it's free and cost nothing.

obamacare is not workable it will lead to single payer. Everybody knows it the only ones that support it think it's free and cost nothing.

Should we go towards single payer or another direction??? Healthcare is too important to not do something.

People die everyday with healthcare coverage. It should not be forced on people if they don't want it.
How about cutting cost on drugs and medical equipment, that's where the HIGH cost seems to be the problem

Even if I thought I was paying to much for my health care, which I am not, Obamcare is much worse. The service you receive is commensurate with it's cost.

You get what you pay for regardless who pays for it

-Geaux

Should we go towards single payer or another direction??? Healthcare is too important to not do something.

Government intervention in the health care market is what created most of the problems we see today Matthew, going to single payer is just an attempt to cure the disease with more of the disease.

We need less federal health care regulation not more, we need Congress to exercise the true intent of the inter-state commerce provision of Article I section 8 and remove inter-state trade barriers for health care insurance as well as medical practice and supply, we need the states to step up to the plate with meaningful tort reform aimed at reducing malpractice liability. What we don't need is another one-size fits all federal approach that will make the situation worse, they've had plenty of chances with that and each and every time they've put their grubby little paws on the health care system they've made a complete mess of things.

It's time we start listening to health care professionals about what is driving price increases and imposing barriers to delivering the best quality care at the lowest possible price instead of listening to brainless corrupt politicians that have shown they have no idea what they're doing. The politicians only care about buying votes and lining their own and their masters pockets, they don't give a damn about facilitating an optimal health care system.

Last edited:

Other direction.

We should reform the heathcare system with the tort reform starting

Forum List

Back