Afghan Newlyweds Stoned To Death

What happened to this couple was fucking terrible, how could so called religious people do this? fucking sick.

Call me callous but I have no sympathy for people who betray the trust of their spouses, particularly when they're aware of what such a betrayal entails. :gives:

:cuckoo: They were not married idiot. they were only engaged to people chosen by thier families it was not adultry

In the minds of the sane it's not adultery.

But those people are far from being sane.

Call me callous but I have no sympathy for people who betray the trust of their spouses, particularly when they're aware of what such a betrayal entails. :gives:

:cuckoo: They were not married idiot. they were only engaged to people chosen by thier families it was not adultry

In the minds of the sane it's not adultery.

But those people are far from being sane.

Ahh sanity is such a relative term in relation to societies and so forth.

It was sane to kill people for being witches?
To blame illness on evil spirits or sins?
To vote for Palin?

:cuckoo: They were not married idiot.
You sound angry. You should consider giving yourself a few minutes to cool down before you post.

They were engaged to people chosen by their families, it was not adultery.
If the nikah had been performed then they were guilty of adultery. If it hadn't then they weren't.

You sound angry. You should consider giving yourself a few minutes to cool down before you post.

If the nikah had been performed then they were guilty of adultery. If it hadn't then they weren't.

Still, being stoned to death for adultery?

A bit on the barbaric side wouldn't you say?

As barbaric as drawing and quartering, crucification and many other tortures from before and are currently still being used.

I don't care that they were executed since they faced trial and were found guilty of a adultery. In light of certain scriptural uncertainties I wouldn't personally sentence adulterers to death on their first offense, but I wouldn't characterize this as a miscarriage of justice.

This is your view of how Islam should be? This is your so-called "Caliphate" they are barbarians and you condone it.:cuckoo:

Still, being stoned to death for adultery?

A bit on the barbaric side wouldn't you say?

It certainly seems to offend Western sensibilities. But no, I don't consider it barbaric although I understand why most of you probably do.

I don't care that they were executed since they faced trial and were found guilty of a adultery. In light of certain scriptural uncertainties I wouldn't personally sentence adulterers to death on their first offense, but I wouldn't characterize this as a miscarriage of justice.

This is your view of how Islam should be?
I explained what I would have done.

This is your so-called "Caliphate" they are barbarians and you condone it.:cuckoo:
I don't support the Taliban and they don't represent my views -- I was commenting on this specific incident.

It certainly seems to offend Western sensibilities. But no, I don't consider it barbaric although I understand why most of you probably do.

I understand Kalam. This is simply a portion of the cultural divide. It will not bother those who like the ideas that put women at a level where this can happen.

They knew the law and chose to violate it.

Case closed.

Jroc said:
This is your view of how Islam should be? This is your so-called "Caliphate" they are barbarians and you condone it.

One can not expect a Muslim to think like a Westerner. I know I don't. I expect them to speak and think like Kalam, etc.

Why would they see such a thing as wrong? Their culture states it is correct.

I just accept them in these kinds of things. These are those 'works' I speak of Jroc.

I understand Kalam. This is simply a portion of the cultural divide. It will not bother those who like the ideas that put women at a level where this can happen.
When did this incident become a gender issue? Penalties in Shari'ah are the same for men and women unless anatomical differences make this impossible.

One can not expect a Muslim to think like a Westerner. I know I don't. I expect them to speak and think like Kalam, etc.

I just accept them in these kinds of things. These are those 'works' I speak of Jroc.
I'm interested in hearing how a Muslim thinks and speaks from your perspective.

When did this incident become a gender issue? Penalties in Shari'ah are the same for men and women unless anatomical differences make this impossible.

Can Muslim women marry unbelievers and stay true to the Koran Kalam?

I listen to your words Kalam. I listen to the words of other Muslims. Then I look to Muslim 'works' worldwide and tie the two together.

Last edited:

I listen to your words Kalam. I listen to the words of other Muslims. Then I look to Muslim 'works' worldwide and tie the two together.

How's that?

How's that?

What are you missing? Where am I unclear?

No (2:221.) If they did so or a man married a woman who adhered to some sort of polytheism, the union would not be recognized and any sexual activity between them would be sinful.

The manner in which a Muslim supposedly thinks and speaks. You said that you made note of our words and tied them to "actions" and didn't elaborate beyond this.

Argggggg. That's all I'll say.
No. Wait. I have three words:
Organized Religion sucks.

Argggggg. That's all I'll say.
No. Wait. I have three words:
Organized Religion sucks.

There was a time when I would have agreed with you.
ok. You piqued my curiosity. What made you go the path you are now on, then?

I forsook my religion entirely when I was younger before I began reading some philosophy. I became interested in deism and Spinoza's pantheism as well as so-called rationalist arguments in favor of theism... but then I rejected the rationalist logic as flawed and pantheism as meaningless around the time I found an independent content for belief in mystic experience. Since both the rationalist arguments and the works on mysticism I read were mostly written by Muslims, returning to Islam seemed to be the logical course of action.

I bet that was less exciting than you thought it would be. :razz:

No (2:221.) If they did so or a man married a woman who adhered to some sort of polytheism, the union would not be recognized and any sexual activity between them would be sinful.

The manner in which a Muslim supposedly thinks and speaks. You said that you made note of our words and tied them to "actions" and didn't elaborate beyond this.

Let me be clear then Kalam. When I say Muslim, I mean a true believer, and one who knows and practices their belief.

I have, heretofore said to you that your mind matters to me. Early on when I first came here and we were discussing the Chechen conflict. I said this because I believe you. When I ask you questions of the Koran that I personally know, you answer them all correctly.

What I see as minimization, etc. is dis-convergent culture.

Let me make an example. A given:

The methods of punishment and crime meted out by one culture is different than another culture.

Now you understand the effect on the West by a certain act as you previously said. However, you don't really understand why it is so abhorrent or important (so as to degree) to that other culture as you see the other culture doing things that your culture finds abhorrent and which that other culture espouses. Yes?

Put a small stone in your left hand and a large rock in your right hand. Do this when standing on a wooden floor. Holding both hands out, let both the rock and stone fall. One effects more damage than the other. Yes?

Holding the hands out and dropping the stone/rock is an event. So is stoning a man and a woman for adultery an event. Yes?

To your mind, it's appropriate when tied to the true word of Islam. Your stone is a tiny pebble of impact.

To the mind of the Western Philosophy, this act is the rock's impact.

Both the Western Philosophy and Islam have their own pebbles, stones and rocks of dis-convergent culture.

It's not a misconception of culture, it's a dis-convergence of culture. Your words show me this, and I tie them to the understanding I have of Islam, often given to me by true practicing and knowledgeable Muslims of which you are one.

So the act of the OP is tied to your view of the effect on a true believer.

It's not really minimization as it is the true effect on you. You are not effecting it in contempt or arrogance. It simply does not effect you in the same way it effects many of those in the Western culture.

Forum List

Back