🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

So what is your point?

Wow I can't believe I have to explain that to you.

Ok, so you think more people or fewer people are doing that now that the shit is legal? What is the upside to having more people stoned on the roads?

Well one upside might be that people would drive slower stoned on MJ. One of the bad sides is you might be behind one and sit through some green lights. :eusa_angel:

What you need to explain is how people doing something legal has an effect on making MJ or any other drugs legal.

So what is your point?

Ok, so you think more people or fewer people are doing that now that the shit is legal? What is the upside to having more people stoned on the roads?

Anyone who wanted to smoke before it was legal was smoking anyway.

Pot has always been the most easily accessible illegal drug and I really don't think people who have chosen not to smoke pot all of this time would all of a sudden start simply because it was decriminalized.

Most likely we are seeing the actual number of people who were smoking illegally more clearly.

The pot growers in CA are ravaging the rivers and draining the tributaries. That should be of major concern during exceptional droughts. So much for conservation huh.

For those who think making drugs legal, I suppose that means crack cocaine and heroin, there are obvious effects on society NOT just the person. But those consequences do not matter when the state wants to raise taxes. And you thought they legalized it just so people could get high and drive.

There is the Denver man who, hours after buying a package of marijuana-infused Karma Kandy from one of Colorado’s new recreational marijuana shops, began raving about the end of the world and then pulled a handgun from the family safe and killed his wife, the authorities say. Some hospital officials say they are treating growing numbers of children and adults sickened by potent doses of edible marijuana. Sheriffs in neighboring states complain about stoned drivers streaming out of Colorado and through their towns.

Reefer Madness Trailer Great marijuana movie - YouTube

Would you like some cheese with this whine, lad?

Pot has always been the most easily accessible illegal drug and I really don't think people who have chosen not to smoke pot all of this time would all of a sudden start simply because it was decriminalized.

Most likely we are seeing the actual number of people who were smoking illegally more clearly.

So you think laws have no deterrent effect and there are the same number of MJ users as before.
OK, I dont have the stats but pure logic suggests you're full of shit.

think about this folks. You are hiring a person to work in your nuclear station. One is a known drunk, MJ or other drug user and one is not, which one are you going to hire, regardless of what the regulations say? Remember, as pointed out, MJ stays in your system, thus effecting your judgement, for as long as 90 days.

You can still require random drug tests be negative as a condition of employment.

And an employee could be high as a kite on oxycontin with a script and the drug test screens out the "legal" drugs per HIPPA laws.
Fire the guy that 90 days ago took a few hits off a reefer and are forced to retain the employee fried to the max on "legal" dope.

What is your point? That one bad behavior is justification for more bad behavior? Any company that does drug screening would have rules in place where an employee using the Prescription drug oxycontin would have to report such use. Those using it and are not prescribed the drug, even though a prescription drug, would be in risk of termination.

think about this folks. You are hiring a person to work in your nuclear station. One is a known drunk, MJ or other drug user and one is not, which one are you going to hire, regardless of what the regulations say? Remember, as pointed out, MJ stays in your system, thus effecting your judgement, for as long as 90 days.

Wrong again. The fat soluble cannabinoids have no psychoactive effect.

Cannabinoids - What are Cannabinoids?

So you think laws have no deterrent effect and there are the same number of MJ users as before.

Your opinion.

If you're 30 years old and have never smoked pot would you start merely because it was decriminalized?

If you have been smoking pot illegally in your 30s would you not have kept smoking it even if it was still illegal?

From experience I just don't see huge numbers of people who have never smoked all of a sudden starting.

Almost all laws are written with the expectation that honest people will obey the laws which the vast majority do obey. Those who choose not to are only doing so because the threat to their getting caught is acceptable. Such as driving over the speed limit. The vast majority do so because the risk of getting caught is pretty low.

So in my opinion if prohibition were to be brought back the number of drunk drivers would plummet. What is amazing to me is that even with the penalties imposed there are still drunk drivers. There are even people who drunk drive after their license has been evoked. THAT is the power of drugs.

Wrong again. The fat soluble cannabinoids have no psychoactive effect.

Cannabinoids - What are Cannabinoids?

I quickly read through your link and found no such information. 90 days would be a very long time but that is what was quoted in another post so I went with it.

How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Your System? Infographic | The Weed Blog

Use just a tad bit of logic, if after a week MJ can be detected in your urine then obviously it is not be merely held in your fatty tissue it is circulating through your body. Obviously that will have an effect on your body. That is what drugs do.

You are somewhat correct.

I'm actually in Colorado, and the slaves are effected.

Legally, at least according to Colorado, anyone over 21 can now purchase and ingest Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, without a perscription. An 18 year old must be able to fake back pain, then find some quack that will also instruct them to open a PO box at their local post office where the product will be delivered. It will be interesting if the Feds ever discover this phenomena and decide to enforce their own laws, but I digress....

With whom does an 18 year old share his THC? 17 year old friends? 16? 15? 12?

How does it effect brain development?

Ironically, Colorado has banned fraccing because citizens complain there are too many unexplained effects ....but THC is perfectly OK.

Last edited:
For those who think making drugs legal, I suppose that means crack cocaine and heroin, there are obvious effects on society NOT just the person. But those consequences do not matter when the state wants to raise taxes. And you thought they legalized it just so people could get high and drive.

There is the Denver man who, hours after buying a package of marijuana-infused Karma Kandy from one of Colorado’s new recreational marijuana shops, began raving about the end of the world and then pulled a handgun from the family safe and killed his wife, the authorities say. Some hospital officials say they are treating growing numbers of children and adults sickened by potent doses of edible marijuana. Sheriffs in neighboring states complain about stoned drivers streaming out of Colorado and through their towns.

]

Rumor_Haz_It_Logo.JPG

Legally, at least according to Colorado, anyone over 21 can now purchase and ingest Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, without a perscription. An 18 year old must be able to fake back pain, then find some quack that will also instruct them to open a PO box at their local post office where the product will be delivered. It will be interesting if the Feds ever discover this phenomena and decide to enforce their own laws, but I digress....

Ironically, Colorado has banned fraccing because citizens complain there are too many unexplained effects ....but THC is perfectly OK.

They're only concerned with getting high.

And how many had problems with Alcohol in 2012

About 10,000 innocent people were killed by drunk drivers

About 35,000 Alcohol related crashes

About 20,000 related deaths from Liver and Cancer disease

About 3,000,000 were victims of an Alcohol related Violence

and yet all libs focus on are guns.

Almost all laws are written with the expectation that honest people will obey the laws which the vast majority do obey. Those who choose not to are only doing so because the threat to their getting caught is acceptable. Such as driving over the speed limit. The vast majority do so because the risk of getting caught is pretty low.

So in my opinion if prohibition were to be brought back the number of drunk drivers would plummet. What is amazing to me is that even with the penalties imposed there are still drunk drivers. There are even people who drunk drive after their license has been evoked. THAT is the power of drugs.

Adherence to laws is based on two factors: How likely am I to get caught? If I do get caught how severe/acceptable are the penalties?
People drive 10MPH over the speed limit because they arent likely to get caught and if they do it's a few dollars in fines. They do not drive 50mph over the speed limit because the penalties are enormous. Does it happen? Yes, but it's rare. The failure in the war on drugs is because we have not made enforcement sure enough, nor penalties strong enough.

who is *they*?

I don't get high.

I support legalization the same way I would have supported an end to prohibition. I support an end to putting young black kids in jail for doing the same thing young white kids do. I support an end to black kids being told to empty their pockets which then makes the little bit of pot they might have in their pocket illegal.

I support an end to wasting huge amounts of money prosecuting and jailing people for doing something that has probably less negative effects than alcohol, which is legal.

Mostly, I don't have a problem with someone choosing to smoke a joint instead of sucking down a six-pack of beer.

Those 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 year olds who are smoking pot illegally are still doing it whether or not a 18 year old gets it for them

Those that are not probably won't start the day they turn 18 or 21

Adherence to laws is based on two factors: How likely am I to get caught? If I do get caught how severe/acceptable are the penalties?
People drive 10MPH over the speed limit because they arent likely to get caught and if they do it's a few dollars in fines. They do not drive 50mph over the speed limit because the penalties are enormous. Does it happen? Yes, but it's rare. The failure in the war on drugs is because we have not made enforcement sure enough, nor penalties strong enough.

I agree and we are targeting the wrong people. Car companies make cars so they can go 50 miles per hour over the speed limit. Doesn't mean they condone people violate the law. Drugs are somewhat different in that the drug dealers want everyone to become addicted to their product. Much like cigarette companies addicted a whole generation of people. I don't believe jail time for all drug users but a server penalty is in order especially white collar drug users.

I'm convinced that this "concern" becomes more intense with useage. Habitual THC use seems to have the side effect of REDUCING AMBITION.

I wonder how many Federal Studies have been commissioned to study this hypothesis? My guess is that the total grant $$$ spent on such university sponsored studies is a small fraction of the $$$$$$$$ spent to study the effect of poverty on learning.

Wonder why..............?

:eusa_whistle:

Could it be that the bigger $$$ are spent justifying programs that will generate MORE government spending?

Forum List

Back