🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

Freedom is dangerous. Thus we have law.

Keeping alcohol, a product that practically anyone that can boil water can produce, out of the hands of adults, is a little ridiculous. We tried. We failed.

Keeping weed from adults is similarly ridiculous, but the penalty for sharing it and alcohol with minors, or driving under the influance should be equally severe. Currently this is not the case: 18 year olds can purchase "Medical Marijuana." They cannot purchase "Medical Vodka."

Big difference in vodka and weed.

18 year olds can get all the vodka they want now.
The fact that is is illegal for them to do so has little if any effect on them obtaining it.

Sharing weed should carry a severe penalty?
Wow, what planet do you live on?

So laws have no effect on behavior? Is that what you're going with?

What laws stop anyone from getting as fucked up as they want on 99% of drugs which are legal?
Why not arrest all the doctors and pharmacists in this country for dealing dangerous drugs?
You could pass a law making toothpaste a controlled substance and college kids would be brushing their teeth with it 20 times a day on weekends.
Subject: weed
Fact: no one has ever overdosed on weed. Sweet tea is more harmful to the human body than weed.
But hey why not make it a crime to eat fried foods, drink and smoke.
If you wanted to be consistent.

More balding grey hair men die each year that are over the age of 60 than men that are not grey and balding over the age of 60.
Accordingly, balding and grey hair cause death.

There are statistics and there are God Damn statistics.
Incredible the ignorance here about crime and drugs.

The fact that is is illegal for them to do so has little if any effect on them obtaining it.

What laws stop anyone from getting as fucked up as they want on 99% of drugs which are legal?
Why not arrest all the doctors and pharmacists in this country for dealing dangerous drugs?
You could pass a law making toothpaste a controlled substance and college kids would be brushing their teeth with it 20 times a day on weekends.
Fact: no one has ever overdosed on weed. Sweet tea is more harmful to the human body than weed.
OK so you are arguing that laws have no effect on behavior. So why bother passing any? Is there anyone who was deterred from raping someone because of the law?

Making reefer illegal is about a stupid law as I have ever seen in 35 years working in the criminal courts.
Reefer is about harmless drug as there is.
NO ONE has ever over dosed on smoking weed. Ever.
All the while people eat prescription dope legally like candy in this country.
And if we take a look at the hard drugs like cocaine, meth and heroin prescription drug case overdoses that end up in emergency rooms dwarf the illegal over dose cases 12 to 1 and growing.
Fastest growing group of over dose cases are seniors which are up 800% over the last 5 years.
Bush's All You can eat Dope Buffet Medicare Plan is a good place to fight the war on drugs.
I mean if we really are against drug addiction.
Weed, good grief, an almost harmless drug if that. Sweet tea causes more problems than weed.

You must have spent those 35 years in a strange place. Pot can be a most debilitating, anxiety-producing substance that alters lives. Been there, done that. And I'm not alone. Consider yourself enlightened and if you insist on condoning pot usage then you are dangerously arrogant.
With that said, the decision to use should be up to the individual. However, blowing your pot smoke onto others may result in retribution as a matter of self defense. Beware.

And how many had problems with Alcohol in 2012

About 10,000 innocent people were killed by drunk drivers

About 35,000 Alcohol related crashes

About 20,000 related deaths from Liver and Cancer disease

About 3,000,000 were victims of an Alcohol related Violence

So that makes marijuana okay? Not very rational, which drugs are you using?

After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

Compare deaths by alcohol and by marijuana.

Do not go further until you do that.

Be specific.

Might as well ask to compare how many people committed suicide and how many were doctor assisted suicides. You will get the same skewed results. It is a bad far left analogy to compare such things..

Yeah I dont get the reasoning here. Alcohol causes many problems. Marijuana causes some problems. So we're going to make things worse by legalizing marijuana and doing nothng about alcohol.

OK so you are arguing that laws have no effect on behavior. So why bother passing any? Is there anyone who was deterred from raping someone because of the law?

"Why pass any?"
So if you opposed any law banning guns that means you oppose all laws.
Got it.

Last edited:
Making reefer illegal is about a stupid law as I have ever seen in 35 years working in the criminal courts.
And if we take a look at the hard drugs like cocaine, meth and heroin prescription drug case overdoses that end up in emergency rooms dwarf the illegal over dose cases 12 to 1 and growing.
Fastest growing group of over dose cases are seniors which are up 800% over the last 5 years.
Bush's All You can eat Dope Buffet Medicare Plan is a good place to fight the war on drugs.
Weed, good grief, an almost harmless drug if that. Sweet tea causes more problems than weed.

You must have spent those 35 years in a strange place. Pot can be a most debilitating, anxiety-producing substance that alters lives. Been there, done that. And I'm not alone. Consider yourself enlightened and if you insist on condoning pot usage then you are dangerously arrogant.
With that said, the decision to use should be up to the individual. However, blowing your pot smoke onto others may result in retribution as a matter of self defense. Beware.

Driving in traffic causes anxiety. Reading your absurd claims alters lives.
I do not smoke anything.
I condone it if you want to sniff Drano or battery acid.
Not my business what you or anyone else does to their body.

You condone people drinking sweet tea and high fructose corn syrup, both far more dangerous to the body than weed.

You are not consistent with your opinions.

I am arrogant and have a large ego. What does that have to do with weed?

Yeah I dont get the reasoning here. Alcohol causes many problems. Marijuana causes some problems. So we're going to make things worse by legalizing marijuana and doing nothng about alcohol.

Fact: FAR, FAR, FAR less crime with alcohol being legal than when it was illegal.

Same thing happens when we decriminalize all drugs.

What makes alcohol prohibition different than drug prohibition?

You are dangerously misinformed.
Sounds like a result of pro-pot propaganda.

You claim people over dose on weed? :lol:

Sugar and high fructose corn syrup cause far, far more health problems than weed.
1000 times more.

You are the one that is naive to the facts.

Driving in traffic causes anxiety. Reading your absurd claims alters lives.
I do not smoke anything.
I condone it if you want to sniff Drano or battery acid.
Not my business what you or anyone else does to their body.

You condone people drinking sweet tea and high fructose corn syrup, both far more dangerous to the body than weed.

You are not consistent with your opinions.

I am arrogant and have a large ego. What does that have to do with weed?

You are showing your ignorance and arrogance. I've enlightened you and now it's up to you to heed the info and warning or go about making life dangerous for yourself and others. You decide. But if you endanger others and they respond, beware.

You are dangerously misinformed.
Sounds like a result of pro-pot propaganda.

You claim people over dose on weed? :lol:

Sugar and high fructose corn syrup cause far, far more health problems than weed.
1000 times more.

You are the one that is naive to the facts.
Do you believe people have allergies to peanuts or shellfish? Or is that up to you to decide for those who do? For those with those allergies, how much of either would be an overdose? Now do the math.

Freedom is dangerous, but what is life without it? Slaves exist while free people live. We already face the risk of drug addled people on the roads and on the streets. Is that risk greater than the risk of someone texting while driving? We have entire countries destroyed by the drug trade, and yet we never seem to learn.

Yes, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, and every other commodity that people wish to get high with. The war on drugs has not kept one person from getting the drugs that they wish to have. It has simply driven up the costs, and caused a large number of crimes by people looking to get money to buy those drugs. And, it has made a large number of very vile people super rich by supplying those drugs.

Freedom is dangerous. Thus we have law.

Keeping alcohol, a product that practically anyone that can boil water can produce, out of the hands of adults, is a little ridiculous. We tried. We failed.

Keeping weed from adults is similarly ridiculous, but the penalty for sharing it and alcohol with minors, or driving under the influance should be equally severe. Currently this is not the case: 18 year olds can purchase "Medical Marijuana." They cannot purchase "Medical Vodka."

Perhaps on Planet Cannibis, you have lost the mental capacity to pay-the-fuck attention:

I live on Earth, in Colorado, and am discussing adults sharing Tetrahydrocannabinol with children.

Idiot.

Last edited:

"Why pass any?"
So if you opposed any law banning guns that means you oppose all laws.
Got it.
Another fallacy. There are reasons to oppose gun laws beyond their effectiveness.
Rabbi Rules!

Fact: FAR, FAR, FAR less crime with alcohol being legal than when it was illegal.

Unsubstantiated allegation.
Alcohol is a different substance from drugs in many ways.

35 years ago I smoked a joint or two in college, never have since, never did Cocaine like some of our Presidents have either :D

BTW, the Pot vs Alcohol thing has come up many times over the years, I have asked 8 Law Enforcement friends from various parts of the USA.... Would you rather be driving on the Highway around 100 people smoking Pot or 1 Drunk Diver..... all 8 of them said 100 Pot smokers... ;)

Unsubstantiated allegation.
Alcohol is a different substance from drugs in many ways.

Indeed: I Colorado, you must be 21 to purchase alcohol, and only 18 to purchase Tetrahydrocannabinol.

35 years ago I smoked a joint or two in college, never have since, never did Cocaine like some of our Presidents have either :D

BTW, the Pot vs Alcohol thing has come up many times over the years, I have asked 8 Law Enforcement friends from various parts of the USA.... Would you rather be driving on the Highway around 100 people smoking Pot or 1 Drunk Diver..... all 8 of them said 100 Pot smokers... ;)

Interesting.

I wonder how cops know so much about the long term effects on the brain of tetrahydrocannabinol exposure of 100 people?

What study did they mention?

Forum List

Back