🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

I made $900 on PHOT today, just sitting on my ass in my easy chair. Smoke em if you got em dude!

:clap2:

Bravo. Always great to have an example of the Tetrahydrocannibol Business Community appear and represent the trade.

For those who think making drugs legal, I suppose that means crack cocaine and heroin, there are obvious effects on society NOT just the person. But those consequences do not matter when the state wants to raise taxes. And you thought they legalized it just so people could get high and drive.

There is the Denver man who, hours after buying a package of marijuana-infused Karma Kandy from one of Colorado’s new recreational marijuana shops, began raving about the end of the world and then pulled a handgun from the family safe and killed his wife, the authorities say. Some hospital officials say they are treating growing numbers of children and adults sickened by potent doses of edible marijuana. Sheriffs in neighboring states complain about stoned drivers streaming out of Colorado and through their towns.

Reefer Madness Trailer Great marijuana movie - YouTube

I don't buy that. I smoked weed heavily for years in my youth. I didn't make me violent nor any of the other meatheads I hung out with violent. It killed ambition, made us lazy and definitely make us mentally challenged and social incapable, but violent and crime prone? No way. It killed your ambition to fight or even argue! It killed your ambition to commit crime!

Reefer madness was a farce!

For those who think making drugs legal, I suppose that means crack cocaine and heroin, there are obvious effects on society NOT just the person. But those consequences do not matter when the state wants to raise taxes. And you thought they legalized it just so people could get high and drive.

There is the Denver man who, hours after buying a package of marijuana-infused Karma Kandy from one of Colorado’s new recreational marijuana shops, began raving about the end of the world and then pulled a handgun from the family safe and killed his wife, the authorities say. Some hospital officials say they are treating growing numbers of children and adults sickened by potent doses of edible marijuana. Sheriffs in neighboring states complain about stoned drivers streaming out of Colorado and through their towns.

Reefer Madness Trailer Great marijuana movie - YouTube

I don't buy that. I smoked weed heavily for years in my youth. I didn't make me violent nor any of the other meatheads I hung out with violent. It killed ambition, made us lazy and definitely make us mentally challenged and social incapable, but violent and crime prone? No way. It killed your ambition to fight or even argue! It killed your ambition to commit crime!

Reefer madness was a farce!

Killing ambition is OK as long as it also kills any criminal ambition?

Reefer madness for sure.
The next thing you know they will all be after our white women.
I wrote once before that I shared some potent pot with a friend once, just part of a joint and I got so high that I begged my friend to take me to the emergency room. There's no federal regulation, no way of making sure this drug is maintained at a steady potency or is free of highly carcinogenic pesticides and herbicides used on it.

What happened was I had a lot of unresolved stuff as a teenager from childhood and pot relaxes those boundaries. So all at once ALL of it came flooding into my consciousness. It SUCKED. I literally had a psychotic episode on pot.

Turned my back on it and never looked back. You can have it. And BTW, when everyone grows it the prices will plummet and so will Colorado's excuse to allow people to grow it. I wonder how many growers are lining up to declare their pot that they're selling on the sly? The majority of it is sold that way. And when clinic buyers figure out it's cheaper on the flooded black market, they're going to stop going to the clinics altogether. Read up on what happened in California & Alaska.

The people organizing it must have been stoned when they sat down and crunched the numbers. Maybe they were crunching oreos instead?

Someone may have dosed you spraying something on the weed.
That is what happens when it is illegal, people do strange things to ordinary weed to sell it in the underground illegal market.

Nice theory, until the people killing themselves with drugs become your minor children.

But you are correct, once they die, there will be more for you.

More what? Happiness.....opps, not so much.

Samson, don't you know there are millions through their group health insurance currently "killing themselves" with 7 and 8 prescriptions right now working full time jobs in all areas including homeland security and law enforcement?

LOL, the illegal drug trade, especially marijuana, takes a far, far back seat to the real addiction problems with drugs.

That would be prescription drugs where abuse dwarfs illegal drugs 12 to 1.

After all Samson, we are talking addiction as the biggest problem society as a whole faces with drug abuse.
Aren't we?

I do not speak Cannabusian, or Stupid, so you'll need to translate the stream of consciousness in the above post that appears to be a blithering idiot's attempt to communicate.

Putting down the hooka pipe for a day or so may help.

Good luck.

Do not smoke anything and lead a healthy lifestyle. You can not read either.
If you are interested in lowering addiction rates then you support decriminalization of all drugs.

I do background investigations for employment for major corporations.
ALL businesses in most cases are banned from testing employees from LEGAL drugs per HIPPA laws, they screen those results out. DOT allows certain other info per waiver because of driving over the road employees.
Dude could be fried on 7 or 8 legal prescription drugs in his body and they hire him for 'clean" on the drug test.
Dude could have trace elements from smoking weed and they do not hire him.
Now that is the decision of the company.
IF they knew the guy was taking 7 or 8 drugs 'LEGALLY".
You are as ignorant as the rest of this country. ADDICTION is the problem. Drugs are A HEALTH problem.
You have been conned into believing it is crime problem.

Last edited:
You are as ignorant as the rest of this country. ADDICTION is the problem. Drugs are A HEALTH problem.
You have been conned into believing it is crime problem.

Yes I've been "conned" into believing intoxicating substances should be regulated.

I'll repost since you don't seem to have the mental machinery to read posts from one page to another:

Freedom is dangerous. Thus we have law.

Keeping alcohol, a product that practically anyone that can boil water can produce, out of the hands of adults, is a little ridiculous. We tried. We failed.

Keeping weed from adults is similarly ridiculous, but the penalty for sharing it and alcohol with minors, or driving under the influance should be equally severe. Currently this is not the case: 18 year olds can purchase "Medical Marijuana." They cannot purchase "Medical Vodka."
It took almost sixty years after the repeal of prohibition for the nationwide drinking binge to run its course, but now we are about back to normal. The same can be expected from the legalization of drugs.

We agree.
But the laws for Tetrahydrocannibinol use in Colorado are NOT THE SAME AS ALCOHOL:

Minimum age to buy perscribed THC = 18

Alcohol = 21

Yeah I dont get the reasoning here. Alcohol causes many problems. Marijuana causes some problems. So we're going to make things worse by legalizing marijuana and doing nothng about alcohol.

Fact: FAR, FAR, FAR less crime with alcohol being legal than when it was illegal.

Same thing happens when we decriminalize all drugs.

What makes alcohol prohibition different than drug prohibition?

Unsubstantiated allegation.
Alcohol is a different substance from drugs in many ways.

Alcohol is an physically addictive drug. It is one of a few government approved recreational drugs we Americans are legally allowed to consume. The effects of the Black Market combined with the policy of interdiction and incarceration on society is worst than the effects on society of the substances they seek to control.

Fact: FAR, FAR, FAR less crime with alcohol being legal than when it was illegal.

Same thing happens when we decriminalize all drugs.

What makes alcohol prohibition different than drug prohibition?

Alcohol is an physically addictive drug. It is one of a few government approved recreational drugs we Americans are legally allowed to consume. The effects of the Black Market combined with the policy of interdiction and incarceration on society is worst than the effects on society of the substances they seek to control.

What long term studies about the physical and mental results of tetrahydrocannibol ingestion are you referencing to conclude that the "cure is worse than the disease?"

What long term studies about the physical and mental results of tetrahydrocannibol ingestion are you referencing to conclude that the "cure is worse than the disease?"

He smoked a lot of dope in college. QED.

Zimmer and Morgan point out that during the past thirty years, researchers have found, at most, minor cognitive differences between chronic marijuana users and non users, and the results differ substantially from one study to another. Based on this evidence, it does not appear that long-term marijuana use causes any significant permanent harm to intellectual ability. Even animal studies, which show short-term memory and learning impairment with high doses of THC, have not produced evidence of permanent damage.

Studies (Fletcher et al. 1996) have shown that the long-term use of cannabis leads to subtle and selective impairment of cognitive functioning. Prolonged use may lead to progressively greater impairment, which may not recover with cessation of use for at least 24 hours (Pope and Yurgelum-Todd 1995) or 6 weeks (Solowij et al. 1991), and which could potentially affect functioning in daily life.

Report of the National Commission on Ganja

JAMAICA

Another foreign investigation (Ruben et al., 1972) conducted in Jamaica (under contract for the National Institute of Mental Health) studied chronic cannabis users and matched nonuser controls. Preliminary findings have shown little evidence of significant differences between the two groups in the extensive anthropological, medical, psychiatric and psychological investigations.

Investigations of Very Heavy, Very Long-Term Cannabis Users - Jamaica

http://thecompassionchronicles.com/...dicine-cannabis-and-long-term-effects-of-use/

Wow, amazing the ignorance but that is why we have had the "war on drugs".

Addiction and crime are the issues with drugs.

Decriminalize drugs and addiction AND crime GO DOWN.

Drug incarceration rates make up 50% of the prison system population in most jurisdictions now.

How many street gangs are out there killing each other over turf to sell Miller Lite? They were during prohibition.
Are we filling half the prison space with "criminals" selling Miller Lite?

Wake up dumb ass Americans. Listen to those of us that have worked in the criminal courts for 35 years.

Drug incarceration rates make up 50% of the prison system population in most jurisdictions now.

How many street gangs are out there killing each other over turf to sell Miller Lite? They were during prohibition.

Wake up dumb ass Americans. Listen to those of us that have worked in the criminal courts for 35 years.

Great idea. Let us decriminalize rape, murder, bank robber, larceny and watch the crime rate plummet. Why are you so sure that making crack cocaine and heroin legal will not create more problems?

Zimmer and Morgan point out that during the past thirty years, researchers have found, at most, minor cognitive differences between chronic marijuana users and non users, and the results differ substantially from one study to another. Based on this evidence, it does not appear that long-term marijuana use causes any significant permanent harm to intellectual ability. Even animal studies, which show short-term memory and learning impairment with high doses of THC, have not produced evidence of permanent damage.

Studies (Fletcher et al. 1996) have shown that the long-term use of cannabis leads to subtle and selective impairment of cognitive functioning. Prolonged use may lead to progressively greater impairment, which may not recover with cessation of use for at least 24 hours (Pope and Yurgelum-Todd 1995) or 6 weeks (Solowij et al. 1991), and which could potentially affect functioning in daily life.

Report of the National Commission on Ganja

JAMAICA

Another foreign investigation (Ruben et al., 1972) conducted in Jamaica (under contract for the National Institute of Mental Health) studied chronic cannabis users and matched nonuser controls. Preliminary findings have shown little evidence of significant differences between the two groups in the extensive anthropological, medical, psychiatric and psychological investigations.

Investigations of Very Heavy, Very Long-Term Cannabis Users - Jamaica

Medicine- Cannabis and Long-Term Effects of use | The Compassion Chronicles

Let us think real hard, what would be Jamaica's reason for coming to that conclusion?

I travel to Runaway Bay Jamaica often and stay at The Jewel which used to be a Super Clubs and before that Jamaica Jamaica resort. Across the street is the renovated golf course.
Point is I see the same folks working at The Jewel I saw 30 years ago when it was named something else. These guys are in their early 60s, many do not even drink but they smoke the ganja.
And they are a much healthier nation than us.

Incredible the American fools. We are a nation of fat pig obese nuts.

Great idea. Let us decriminalize rape, murder, bank robber, larceny and watch the crime rate plummet. Why are you so sure that making crack cocaine and heroin legal will not create more problems?

So you are comparing someone addicted to prescription drugs or illegal drugs to a murderer.

Keep posting, love your posts.
All of them prove all my points.

We are a fat nation addicted to prescription DOPE and folks are worried about citizens smoking weed.

A nation of village idiots.

Every country on the planet that puts the funds into treatment instead of incarceration drug use has gone down.

And that is what will happen here also as guess what sports fans?
Drug courts are becoming the norm and law enforcement and the courts want decriminalization as the CURRENT system is NOT working.
It is a joke.

I like how a guy with the username of Freewill is making anti-Marijuana posts.

I was in Colorado on 4/20 and I was there as a guest of the marijuana industry. That state is making so much money off of this, it's fucking nuts. There is literally nothing bad about the legalization of marijuana other than restaurants and services being raided by stoners. Going to Colorado right now is like going 5 to 10 years into the future.

Last edited:
Europe's Shadow

Why shouldn't American be allowed to talk about narcotics consumption more freely when the Dutch sell it openly in bars and cafes while European stewardesses involve themselves in lucrative opium-smuggling operations?

If the Colorado experiment does not work out, people just might claim that the USA is somehow culturally lagging behind Holland in the department of 'libertine consumerism.'

:wine:

Amsterdam Netherlands - Cannabis Wiki

shoes.jpg

I like how a guy with the username of Freewill is making anti-Marijuana posts.

I was in Colorado on 4/20 and I was there as a guest of the marijuana industry. That state is making so much money off of this, it's fucking nuts. There is literally nothing bad about the legalization of marijuana other than restaurants and services being raided by stoners. Going to Colorado right now is like going 5 to 10 years into the future.
No, it's more like forty years in the past.
The idea of people blowing poison into the systems of others in public deserves physical retribution. Morons, stuck in the 1960's, ignorant of the dangers of pot -- for some people.

Forum List

Back