🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

Reefer madness for sure.
The next thing you know they will all be after our white women.
I wrote once before that I shared some potent pot with a friend once, just part of a joint and I got so high that I begged my friend to take me to the emergency room. There's no federal regulation, no way of making sure this drug is maintained at a steady potency or is free of highly carcinogenic pesticides and herbicides used on it.

What happened was I had a lot of unresolved stuff as a teenager from childhood and pot relaxes those boundaries. So all at once ALL of it came flooding into my consciousness. It SUCKED. I literally had a psychotic episode on pot.

Turned my back on it and never looked back. You can have it. And BTW, when everyone grows it the prices will plummet and so will Colorado's excuse to allow people to grow it. I wonder how many growers are lining up to declare their pot that they're selling on the sly? The majority of it is sold that way. And when clinic buyers figure out it's cheaper on the flooded black market, they're going to stop going to the clinics altogether. Read up on what happened in California & Alaska.

The people organizing it must have been stoned when they sat down and crunched the numbers. Maybe they were crunching oreos instead?

Last edited:

And how many had problems with Alcohol in 2012

About 10,000 innocent people were killed by drunk drivers

About 35,000 Alcohol related crashes

About 20,000 related deaths from Liver and Cancer disease

About 3,000,000 were victims of an Alcohol related Violence

yep... I've yet to hear of someone in a bar fight after getting high.

How many pot "bars" are there where lots of young men and women hang out ?

You mean in Austin?

I'm convinced there's at least 4 or 5 in the Capitol Building alone.

Last edited:
So that makes marijuana okay? Not very rational, which drugs are you using?

35 years ago I smoked a joint or two in college, never have since, never did Cocaine like some of our Presidents have either :D

BTW, the Pot vs Alcohol thing has come up many times over the years, I have asked 8 Law Enforcement friends from various parts of the USA.... Would you rather be driving on the Highway around 100 people smoking Pot or 1 Drunk Diver..... all 8 of them said 100 Pot smokers... ;)

Interesting.

I wonder how cops know so much about the long term effects on the brain of tetrahydrocannabinol exposure of 100 people?

What study did they mention?

No idea, I am sure a lot of things have long term effects on Brain Cells.

Maybe I should have asked what they thought if the 100 people were occasional pot smokers or had smoked a bag a day for 20 years.

Even too much food can be detrimental to a persons health, if your belly was too big it may effect the steering wheel while driving, but too much food can lead to other health issues too :)

35 years ago I smoked a joint or two in college, never have since, never did Cocaine like some of our Presidents have either :D

BTW, the Pot vs Alcohol thing has come up many times over the years, I have asked 8 Law Enforcement friends from various parts of the USA.... Would you rather be driving on the Highway around 100 people smoking Pot or 1 Drunk Diver..... all 8 of them said 100 Pot smokers... ;)

Interesting.

I wonder how cops know so much about the long term effects on the brain of tetrahydrocannabinol exposure of 100 people?

What study did they mention?

No idea, I am sure a lot of things have long term effects on Brain Cells.

Maybe I should have asked what they thought if the 100 people were occasional pot smokers or had smoked a bag a day for 20 years.

Even too much food can be detrimental to a persons health, if your belly was too big it may effect the steering wheel while driving, but too much food can lead to other health issues too :)

People have been Eating for quite some time.

People have only been driving during the past 90 years, and during this time, few have been habitual Tetrahydrocannibanol users.

Let's compare apples with apples.

Alcohol is the most dangerous drug in America.

So, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, eliminate the age requirements for marriage, and assorted other laws which restrict the freedom of the person(s)? How about the freedom of the majority of people to put a cross up in a public cemetery? Or in the public square? Or the freedom to drive down the freakin' road without the fear of some drug addled ahole killing them? How about this, if you want the freedom to use drugs then give up your driving license.

Freedom is dangerous, but what is life without it? Slaves exist while free people live. We already face the risk of drug addled people on the roads and on the streets. Is that risk greater than the risk of someone texting while driving? We have entire countries destroyed by the drug trade, and yet we never seem to learn.

Yes, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, and every other commodity that people wish to get high with. The war on drugs has not kept one person from getting the drugs that they wish to have. It has simply driven up the costs, and caused a large number of crimes by people looking to get money to buy those drugs. And, it has made a large number of very vile people super rich by supplying those drugs.

Freedom is dangerous. Thus we have law.

Keeping alcohol, a product that practically anyone that can boil water can produce, out of the hands of adults, is a little ridiculous. We tried. We failed.

Keeping weed from adults is similarly ridiculous, but the penalty for sharing it and alcohol with minors, or driving under the influance should be equally severe. Currently this is not the case: 18 year olds can purchase "Medical Marijuana." They cannot purchase "Medical Vodka."

Keeping any commodity from adults is ridiculous. Laws designed to protect others from the bad decisions of some, are legitimate, but laws designed to protect one from himself or herself, are patently wrong and not a proper function of government.

Yes, the total legalization of drugs for adults will cause deaths due to overdose, and deaths and injuries from resultant bad decisions. It will thin the herd and remove a whole lot of the deadwood from our society. It will also cause death and injury to innocent third parties, but that is already a fact of life.

It took almost sixty years after the repeal of prohibition for the nationwide drinking binge to run its course, but now we are about back to normal. The same can be expected from the legalization of drugs.

Freedom is dangerous, but what is life without it? Slaves exist while free people live. We already face the risk of drug addled people on the roads and on the streets. Is that risk greater than the risk of someone texting while driving? We have entire countries destroyed by the drug trade, and yet we never seem to learn.

Yes, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, and every other commodity that people wish to get high with. The war on drugs has not kept one person from getting the drugs that they wish to have. It has simply driven up the costs, and caused a large number of crimes by people looking to get money to buy those drugs. And, it has made a large number of very vile people super rich by supplying those drugs.

Keeping alcohol, a product that practically anyone that can boil water can produce, out of the hands of adults, is a little ridiculous. We tried. We failed.

Keeping weed from adults is similarly ridiculous, but the penalty for sharing it and alcohol with minors, or driving under the influance should be equally severe. Currently this is not the case: 18 year olds can purchase "Medical Marijuana." They cannot purchase "Medical Vodka."

Keeping any commodity from adults is ridiculous. Laws designed to protect others from the bad decisions of some, are legitimate, but laws designed to protect one from himself or herself, are patently wrong and not a proper function of government.

Yes, the total legalization of drugs for adults will cause deaths due to overdose, and deaths and injuries from resultant bad decisions. It will thin the herd and remove a whole lot of the deadwood from our society. It will also cause death and injury to innocent third parties, but that is already a fact of life.

It took almost sixty years after the repeal of prohibition for the nationwide drinking binge to run its course, but now we are about back to normal. The same can be expected from the legalization of drugs.

We agree.

But the laws for Tetrahydrocannibinol use in Colorado are NOT THE SAME AS ALCOHOL:

Minimum age to buy perscribed THC = 18

Alcohol = 21

I am thinking maybe you have a point. Let people kill themselves with drugs it only means more for me, maybe that is the liberals logic. An example is toys that prove to be dangerous to kids, what right does the government have to prohibit there sale?

I am thinking maybe you have a point. Let people kill themselves with drugs it only means more for me, maybe that is the liberals logic. An example is toys that prove to be dangerous to kids, what right does the government have to prohibit there sale?

Nice theory, until the people killing themselves with drugs become your minor children.

But you are correct, once they die, there will be more for you.

More what? Happiness.....opps, not so much.

I made $900 on PHOT today, just sitting on my ass in my easy chair. Smoke em if you got em dude!

You must have spent those 35 years in a strange place. Pot can be a most debilitating, anxiety-producing substance that alters lives. Been there, done that. And I'm not alone. Consider yourself enlightened and if you insist on condoning pot usage then you are dangerously arrogant.
With that said, the decision to use should be up to the individual. However, blowing your pot smoke onto others may result in retribution as a matter of self defense. Beware.

Driving in traffic causes anxiety. Reading your absurd claims alters lives.
I do not smoke anything.
I condone it if you want to sniff Drano or battery acid.
Not my business what you or anyone else does to their body.

You condone people drinking sweet tea and high fructose corn syrup, both far more dangerous to the body than weed.

You are not consistent with your opinions.

I am arrogant and have a large ego. What does that have to do with weed?

You are showing your ignorance and arrogance. I've enlightened you and now it's up to you to heed the info and warning or go about making life dangerous for yourself and others. You decide. But if you endanger others and they respond, beware.

I will teach you to read if you need help. For the second time: I do not smoke anything or consume drugs in any form.
Comprende?

The subject is marijuana.
To date all we hear is hot air from you about how I am "making life dangerous for yourself and others" and "if you endanger others and they respond, beware" bull shit rhetoric.
So it is about time you put up or shut up because to date you have proved nothing, nada, zilch to back up any of your bogus claims.

Specifically since I do not smoke anything or do any drugs whatsoever go ahead and make up another bull shit story of how I "make life dangerous" for myself and others and "endanger myself and they respond" nonsense.

I will laugh my ass off at you again for your fiction.

Last edited:

Nice theory, until the people killing themselves with drugs become your minor children.

Samson, don't you know there are millions through their group health insurance currently "killing themselves" with 7 and 8 prescriptions right now working full time jobs in all areas including homeland security and law enforcement?

LOL, the illegal drug trade, especially marijuana, takes a far, far back seat to the real addiction problems with drugs.

That would be prescription drugs where abuse dwarfs illegal drugs 12 to 1.

After all Samson, we are talking addiction as the biggest problem society as a whole faces with drug abuse.
Aren't we?

You mean in Austin?

I'm convinced there's at least 4 or 5 in the Capitol Building alone.

If you wanna start claiming that the people who frequent the State Capitol building are representative of pot smokers you've just totally screwed your own argument.

Samson, don't you know there are millions through their group health insurance currently "killing themselves" with 7 and 8 prescriptions right now working full time jobs in all areas including homeland security and law enforcement?

LOL, the illegal drug trade, especially marijuana, takes a far, far back seat to the real addiction problems with drugs.

That would be prescription drugs where abuse dwarfs illegal drugs 12 to 1.

After all Samson, we are talking addiction as the biggest problem society as a whole faces with drug abuse.
Aren't we?

I do not speak Cannabusian, or Stupid, so you'll need to translate the stream of consciousness in the above post that appears to be a blithering idiot's attempt to communicate.

Putting down the hooka pipe for a day or so may help.

Good luck.

Forum List

Back