🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

You are somewhat correct.

I'm actually in Colorado, and the slaves are effected.

Legally, at least according to Colorado, anyone over 21 can now purchase and ingest Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, without a perscription. An 18 year old must be able to fake back pain, then find some quack that will also instruct them to open a PO box at their local post office where the product will be delivered. It will be interesting if the Feds ever discover this phenomena and decide to enforce their own laws, but I digress....

With whom does an 18 year old share his THC? 17 year old friends? 16? 15? 12?

How does it effect brain development?

Ironically, Colorado has banned fraccing because citizens complain there are too many unexplained effects ....but THC is perfectly OK.

They're only concerned with getting high.

I'm convinced that this "concern" becomes more intense with useage. Habitual THC use seems to have the side effect of REDUCING AMBITION.

I wonder how many Federal Studies have been commissioned to study this hypothesis? My guess is that the total grant $$$ spent on such university sponsored studies is a small fraction of the $$$$$$$$ spent to study the effect of poverty on learning.

Wonder why..............?

:eusa_whistle:

Could it be that the bigger $$$ are spent justifying programs that will generate MORE government spending?

Or more government taxation.

Anyone who wanted to smoke before it was legal was smoking anyway.

Pot has always been the most easily accessible illegal drug and I really don't think people who have chosen not to smoke pot all of this time would all of a sudden start simply because it was decriminalized.

Most likely we are seeing the actual number of people who were smoking illegally more clearly.

Legally, at least according to Colorado, anyone over 21 can now purchase and ingest Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, without a perscription. An 18 year old must be able to fake back pain, then find some quack that will also instruct them to open a PO box at their local post office where the product will be delivered. It will be interesting if the Feds ever discover this phenomena and decide to enforce their own laws, but I digress....

Ironically, Colorado has banned fraccing because citizens complain there are too many unexplained effects ....but THC is perfectly OK.

Those 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 year olds who are smoking pot illegally are still doing it whether or not a 18 year old gets it for them

Those that are not probably won't start the day they turn 18 or 21

They are?

How do you know?

You seem very confidant. What studies have been done? Why do we need more studies to determine the effects on PRACTICALLY ANY chemical introduced into the population, but its OK to make the assumptions you've made about Tetrahydrocannabinol without providing ONE source to support your claim?

I'm convinced that this "concern" becomes more intense with useage. Habitual THC use seems to have the side effect of REDUCING AMBITION.

I wonder how many Federal Studies have been commissioned to study this hypothesis? My guess is that the total grant $$$ spent on such university sponsored studies is a small fraction of the $$$$$$$$ spent to study the effect of poverty on learning.

Wonder why..............?

:eusa_whistle:

Could it be that the bigger $$$ are spent justifying programs that will generate MORE government spending?

Or more government taxation.

No, just print more money: This way you don't piss off the consituancy, and you pass the problem on to the next generations.

Those 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 year olds who are smoking pot illegally are still doing it whether or not a 18 year old gets it for them

They are?

How do you know?

You seem very confidant. What studies have been done? Why do we need more studies to determine the effects on PRACTICALLY ANY chemical introduced into the population, but its OK to make the assumptions you've made about Tetrahydrocannabinol without providing ONE source to support your claim?

Do you deny that minors smoke pot or drink?

who is *they*?

I don't get high.

I support legalization the same way I would have supported an end to prohibition. I support an end to putting young black kids in jail for doing the same thing young white kids do. I support an end to black kids being told to empty their pockets which then makes the little bit of pot they might have in their pocket illegal.

I support an end to wasting huge amounts of money prosecuting and jailing people for doing something that has probably less negative effects than alcohol, which is legal.

Mostly, I don't have a problem with someone choosing to smoke a joint instead of sucking down a six-pack of beer.

I see your are not against false dichotomy either.

They are?

How do you know?

No one is denying that.
The Strawman fallacy!
Rabbi Rules!

They are?

How do you know?

No.

But that's not the point.

The point is that making THC MORE AVAILABLE to 18 year olds will make minors MORE LIKELY to be exposed.

By the way, what regulates these "physicians" perscribing TCH? How much more funding is being spent? What penalties are being given for malpractice of TCH medications?

No.

The point is that making THC MORE AVAILABLE to 18 year olds will make minors MORE LIKELY to be exposed.

By the way, what regulates these "physicians" perscribing TCH? How much more funding is being spent? What penalties are being given for malpractice of TCH medications?

why do you think it makes it "more" available. i'm pretty sure anyone who wants pot can already get it.

and do you deny that there is unequal enforcement of marijuana laws? or that it's probably less harmful than alcohol?

No.

why do you think it makes it "more" available. i'm pretty sure anyone who wants pot can already get it.

and do you deny that there is unequal enforcement of marijuana laws? or that it's probably less harmful than alcohol?

I'd have to question the sanity of someone who thinks that an illegal substance has the same availability as one sold widely in stores. Then I see who posted that piece of idiocy and realize this is coming from the chief poseur dimwit of this site, a woman (if she's that) who can't post anything more intelligent than "poor nutters" to every post that disagrees with her POV.

think about this folks. You are hiring a person to work in your nuclear station. One is a known drunk, MJ or other drug user and one is not, which one are you going to hire, regardless of what the regulations say? Remember, as pointed out, MJ stays in your system, thus effecting your judgement, for as long as 90 days.

Wrong again. The fat soluble cannabinoids have no psychoactive effect.

Cannabinoids - What are Cannabinoids?

I quickly read through your link and found no such information. 90 days would be a very long time but that is what was quoted in another post so I went with it.

How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Your System? Infographic | The Weed Blog

Use just a tad bit of logic, if after a week MJ can be detected in your urine then obviously it is not be merely held in your fatty tissue it is circulating through your body. Obviously that will have an effect on your body. That is what drugs do.

So it's like describing color to a blind person. Let me rephrase it. The fat soluble compounds that linger in the fat cells until they get pissed out have no psychoactive effect.

When eating or drinking medical cannabis products the THC is first transfered from the stomach to the liver via the bloodstream where is it converted by a liver enzyme into 11-hydroxy-THC, a much more potent and psychoactive version of THC, the effects of which can be unpleasant for those not familiar with the effects of medical cannabis. The effects from this THC are delayed by up to as much a 2 hours after eating or drinking and thus medical patients can easily have too much if they are not patient for the effects to arrive. Luckily, if one takes too much medical cannabis, they simply go to sleep and wake up feeling refreshed. It is impossible to die from an overdose of cannabis.

Safe Use - LIFELINE*to*Medical Cannabis Information

They are?

How do you know?

No.

Really? You don't think minors haven't been as exposed to pot as they are ever going to be?

My god it was rampant when I was in High school over 20 years ago. It certainly does not seem more prevalent now in fact marijuana use is about the same as it was in 1975

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/high-school-youth-trends

No.

The issue is not whether or not "pretty sure ANYONE who wants pot can get it."

I'm pretty sure anyone could get plutonium if they wanted it.

Maybe the thought process is that instead of getting drunk and speeding through a red light they will get high and just sit through green lights when high on MJ.

The "thought process" is to get big government out of the private lives of citizens.
Ya know, something a true conservative stands for.

So, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, eliminate the age requirements for marriage, and assorted other laws which restrict the freedom of the person(s)? How about the freedom of the majority of people to put a cross up in a public cemetery? Or in the public square? Or the freedom to drive down the freakin' road without the fear of some drug addled ahole killing them? How about this, if you want the freedom to use drugs then give up your driving license.

Freedom is dangerous, but what is life without it? Slaves exist while free people live. We already face the risk of drug addled people on the roads and on the streets. Is that risk greater than the risk of someone texting while driving? We have entire countries destroyed by the drug trade, and yet we never seem to learn.

Yes, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, and every other commodity that people wish to get high with. The war on drugs has not kept one person from getting the drugs that they wish to have. It has simply driven up the costs, and caused a large number of crimes by people looking to get money to buy those drugs. And, it has made a large number of very vile people super rich by supplying those drugs.

The "thought process" is to get big government out of the private lives of citizens.
Ya know, something a true conservative stands for.

So, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, eliminate the age requirements for marriage, and assorted other laws which restrict the freedom of the person(s)? How about the freedom of the majority of people to put a cross up in a public cemetery? Or in the public square? Or the freedom to drive down the freakin' road without the fear of some drug addled ahole killing them? How about this, if you want the freedom to use drugs then give up your driving license.

Freedom is dangerous, but what is life without it? Slaves exist while free people live. We already face the risk of drug addled people on the roads and on the streets. Is that risk greater than the risk of someone texting while driving? We have entire countries destroyed by the drug trade, and yet we never seem to learn.

Yes, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, and every other commodity that people wish to get high with. The war on drugs has not kept one person from getting the drugs that they wish to have. It has simply driven up the costs, and caused a large number of crimes by people looking to get money to buy those drugs. And, it has made a large number of very vile people super rich by supplying those drugs.

Freedom is dangerous. Thus we have law.

Keeping alcohol, a product that practically anyone that can boil water can produce, out of the hands of adults, is a little ridiculous. We tried. We failed.

Keeping weed from adults is similarly ridiculous, but the penalty for sharing it and alcohol with minors, or driving under the influance should be equally severe. Currently this is not the case: 18 year olds can purchase "Medical Marijuana." They cannot purchase "Medical Vodka."

No one is making MJ illegal it has been illegal for some time.

I like to use actually sources of facts. Anecdotal sources are fine but seldom objective.

Marijuana is drug most often linked to crime, study finds

Gil Kerlikowske, the White House director of national drug-control policy, said a study by his office showed a strong link between drug use and crime. Eighty percent of the adult males arrested for crimes in Sacramento, Calif., last year tested positive for at least one illegal drug. Marijuana was the most commonly detected drug, found in 54 percent of those arrested.

The study found similar results in four other cities: New York, Denver, Atlanta and Chicago. Among the cities, it included examinations of 1,736 urine samples and 1,938 interviews with men who were arrested.

Read more here: WASHINGTON: Marijuana is drug most often linked to crime, study finds | Washington | McClatchy DC

Marijuana is the drug most likely linked to crime?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
You have zero credibility.
I have worked over 3000 criminal cases over the last 35 years and reefer is rarely ever linked to crime.
"urine samples"
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Uh, how long does reefer stay in the urine after smoked?
In some up to 90 days.
So you claim reefer use leads people to commit crimes?
How many of these folks had nicotine in their system?
So nicotine leads people to commit crimes under your theory.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

NO, the Whitehouse is saying that MJ is found in the majority of crimes, as you were linked. Your anecdotal evidence is interesting but I wonder how many of the 3000 were actually drug tested.

So you are ready for the legalization of crack cocaine and heroin for the same reason as you are for MJ?

So what is your point?

Decriminalization
Drugs are legal now. You can order all the barbiturates, opiates, uppers, downers; all you want on the internet and UPS or FedEx delivers them to your door.
Or better yet go see a doctor down the street and then the dope store on the corner and there you go.
You can legally snort up a can of Drano now.
Facts world wide show decriminalization with treatment and education lowers addiction, cuts incarceration by 90%, law enforcement corruption is almost eliminated and society saves hundreds of billions.
Same as tobacco. Spend all the money on education not to smoke and for how many years in a row now has tobacco use declined?
War on Drugs, what a joke. At one time you got more prison time for a hand full of crack than robbing a bank and pistol whipping the teller.

After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

Compare deaths by alcohol and by marijuana.

Do not go further until you do that.

Be specific.

Keeping alcohol, a product that practically anyone that can boil water can produce, out of the hands of adults, is a little ridiculous. We tried. We failed.

Keeping weed from adults is similarly ridiculous, but the penalty for sharing it and alcohol with minors, or driving under the influance should be equally severe. Currently this is not the case: 18 year olds can purchase "Medical Marijuana." They cannot purchase "Medical Vodka."

Big difference in vodka and weed.

18 year olds can get all the vodka they want now.
The fact that is is illegal for them to do so has little if any effect on them obtaining it.

Sharing weed should carry a severe penalty?
Wow, what planet do you live on?

Big difference in vodka and weed.

18 year olds can get all the vodka they want now.
The fact that is is illegal for them to do so has little if any effect on them obtaining it.

Sharing weed should carry a severe penalty?
Wow, what planet do you live on?

So laws have no effect on behavior? Is that what you're going with?

Making reefer illegal is about a stupid law as I have ever seen in 35 years working in the criminal courts.
Reefer is about harmless drug as there is.
NO ONE has ever over dosed on smoking weed. Ever.
All the while people eat prescription dope legally like candy in this country.
And if we take a look at the hard drugs like cocaine, meth and heroin prescription drug case overdoses that end up in emergency rooms dwarf the illegal over dose cases 12 to 1 and growing.
Fastest growing group of over dose cases are seniors which are up 800% over the last 5 years.
Bush's All You can eat Dope Buffet Medicare Plan is a good place to fight the war on drugs.
I mean if we really are against drug addiction.
Weed, good grief, an almost harmless drug if that. Sweet tea causes more problems than weed.

No one is making MJ illegal it has been illegal for some time.

I like to use actually sources of facts. Anecdotal sources are fine but seldom objective.

Marijuana is drug most often linked to crime, study finds

Gil Kerlikowske, the White House director of national drug-control policy, said a study by his office showed a strong link between drug use and crime. Eighty percent of the adult males arrested for crimes in Sacramento, Calif., last year tested positive for at least one illegal drug. Marijuana was the most commonly detected drug, found in 54 percent of those arrested.

The study found similar results in four other cities: New York, Denver, Atlanta and Chicago. Among the cities, it included examinations of 1,736 urine samples and 1,938 interviews with men who were arrested.

Read more here: WASHINGTON: Marijuana is drug most often linked to crime, study finds | Washington | McClatchy DC

drug use and crime? or marijuana and crime? you seem to use the terms interchangeably.

Was a similar study conducted with regard to alcohol use and crime? because i'm pretty sure that some tanked up people commit some nasty crimes.

Forum List

Back