After the last few weeks I too have made a decision

no. the fact that you think there is the slightest basis for thinking anyone could have been a worse president than bush is funny.

so like I said

The inventor of the internet as President? That would have been the bomb!

he never said that. he said he was responsible... which he was since he led that charge in the senate. but clearly you wouldn't know that.

baby bush... sub literate .... crashed our economy... destabilized the entire mid east.

yeah, anything would have been better.

again, no one expects you to either understand or be honest.

Sorry toots, Gore did say he invented it. The quote is all over the internet. You can't word parse your way out of it. Gore is one of the Democrat Dan Quayle's when it comes to stupid quotes. Kerry and Hillary being two of the others.

I like how you chastise me for agreeing that W was worse. Still a stupid bitch I see
NOPE Tootsie, you and the entire right wing, are WRONG on your claim....but sadly, it is par for the course for conservatives and their propaganda lie machine...

red.gif
FALSE

Origins: Despite the derisive references that continue even today, former Vice-President Al Gore never claimed that he "invented" the Internet, nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted that way. The "Al Gore said he 'invented' the Internet" put-downs were misleading, out-of-context distortions of something he said during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "Late Edition" program on 9 March 1999. When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore replied (in part):

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

Although Vice-President Gore's phrasing might have been a bit clumsy (and perhaps self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet in the sense of having designed or implemented it, but rather that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development the technology that we now know as the Internet. To claim that Gore was seriously trying to take credit for the "invention" of the Internet is, frankly, just silly political posturing that arose out of a close presidential campaign. Gore never used the word "invent," and the words "create" and "invent" have distinctly different meanings: the former is used in the sense of "to bring about" or "to bring into existence" while the latter is generally used to signify the first instance of someone's thinking up or implementing an idea.

(To those who say the words "create" and "invent" mean exactly the same thing, we have to ask why, then, the media overwhelmingly and consistently cited Gore as having claimed he "invented" the Internet, even though he never used that word, and transcripts of what he actually said were readily available.)

If President Eisenhower had said in the mid-1960s that he, while president, "took the initiative in creating the Interstate Highway System," he would not have been the subject of dozens and dozens of editorials lampooning him for claiming he "invented" the concept of highways or implying that he personally went out and dug ditches across the country to help build the roadway. Everyone would have understood that Ike meant he was a driving force behind the legislation that created the highway system, and this was the very same concept Al Gore was expressing about himself with his Internet statement.

That's quite a spin job there. All that work and you still aren't fooling anyone.
Eisenhower would have had a better argument. They even call it the "Eisenhower" Interstate highway system. Also, the actually did create it in his administration, the Internet had been around for decades when Al Gore invented it.

A better analogy would have been if Gerry Ford claimed to have invented the Interstate Highway system decades after Eisenhower actually created it. I'll give Trixie that one, Al Gore claiming to invent the internet is like Gerald Ford claiming to have invented the Interstate Highway system

no. the fact that you think there is the slightest basis for thinking anyone could have been a worse president than bush is funny.

so like I said

he never said that. he said he was responsible... which he was since he led that charge in the senate. but clearly you wouldn't know that.

baby bush... sub literate .... crashed our economy... destabilized the entire mid east.

Sorry toots, Gore did say he invented it. The quote is all over the internet. You can't word parse your way out of it. Gore is one of the Democrat Dan Quayle's when it comes to stupid quotes. Kerry and Hillary being two of the others.

I like how you chastise me for agreeing that W was worse. Still a stupid bitch I see
NOPE Tootsie, you and the entire right wing, are WRONG on your claim....but sadly, it is par for the course for conservatives and their propaganda lie machine...

red.gif
FALSE

Origins: Despite the derisive references that continue even today, former Vice-President Al Gore never claimed that he "invented" the Internet, nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted that way. The "Al Gore said he 'invented' the Internet" put-downs were misleading, out-of-context distortions of something he said during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "Late Edition" program on 9 March 1999. When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore replied (in part):

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

Although Vice-President Gore's phrasing might have been a bit clumsy (and perhaps self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet in the sense of having designed or implemented it, but rather that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development the technology that we now know as the Internet. To claim that Gore was seriously trying to take credit for the "invention" of the Internet is, frankly, just silly political posturing that arose out of a close presidential campaign. Gore never used the word "invent," and the words "create" and "invent" have distinctly different meanings: the former is used in the sense of "to bring about" or "to bring into existence" while the latter is generally used to signify the first instance of someone's thinking up or implementing an idea.

(To those who say the words "create" and "invent" mean exactly the same thing, we have to ask why, then, the media overwhelmingly and consistently cited Gore as having claimed he "invented" the Internet, even though he never used that word, and transcripts of what he actually said were readily available.)

If President Eisenhower had said in the mid-1960s that he, while president, "took the initiative in creating the Interstate Highway System," he would not have been the subject of dozens and dozens of editorials lampooning him for claiming he "invented" the concept of highways or implying that he personally went out and dug ditches across the country to help build the roadway. Everyone would have understood that Ike meant he was a driving force behind the legislation that created the highway system, and this was the very same concept Al Gore was expressing about himself with his Internet statement.

i tried to tell them. but they like lying. it amuses them and they do it just for fun. the barrage of threads on hillary clinton and her alleged abortions and not being chelsea's mother when they know they're lying, is just more proof of their intentional conspiracy lunacy.

they don't care what reality is... that's what makes them trolls.

and now they have their troll in chief as candidate.

I'm not a Trump supporter, which is why I started a thread on the subject. So you think Trump is behind the gun rights issue? LOL. Is Trump behind the lead in the water in Flint too? You people are so stupid it's funny

red.gif
FALSE

That's quite a spin job there. All that work and you still aren't fooling anyone.

^^^^^^^^^^

what rightwingnut liars do with the truth because truth offends them.

Al Gore: "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet"

You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts. He said it, Tootsie

Gore would have been a disaster.

Agreed, but W was a disaster, so it's a matter of which of the two did / would have done more damage

W was not a disaster. he made some mistakes and some good moves, like all presidents. If you think he did the Iraq mess totally on his own then you are as naïve as some of the libs.

What about throwing away a balanced budget?

If we had a balanced budget under Clinton, why did the national debt go up every year he was in office?

Tanking the economy?
Are you referring to the recession libs always blame W for that started six months before he took office or the one at the end? I always forget

So seriously, what did W have to do with an attack six months into his term by terrorists who were in the US and training under Bill Clinton using airport security that was in place for eight years under Clinton? Your arguments are going from dumb to dumber

What good did he do?

All I have are the tax cuts, which he undermined by increasing the tax complexity. It's a gift liberals have, the ability to make stupid arguments even when you're right

Gore would have been a disaster.

Agreed, but W was a disaster, so it's a matter of which of the two did / would have done more damage

W was not a disaster. he made some mistakes and some good moves, like all presidents. If you think he did the Iraq mess totally on his own then you are as naïve as some of the libs.

What about throwing away a balanced budget?

If we had a balanced budget under Clinton, why did the national debt go up every year he was in office?

Tanking the economy?
Are you referring to the recession libs always blame W for that started six months before he took office or the one at the end? I always forget

So seriously, what did W have to do with an attack six months into his term by terrorists who were in the US and training under Bill Clinton using airport security that was in place for eight years under Clinton? Your arguments are going from dumb to dumber

What good did he do?

All I have are the tax cuts, which he undermined by increasing the tax complexity. It's a gift liberals have, the ability to make stupid arguments even when you're right

You are claiming bush was fiscally responsible? Seriously?

Yes the economy was weak with bush. Even with all his spending.

Bush was president, in charge of protecting us. He had warnings. Just ask trump, bushes fault, even repubs agree now.

So bush did nothing good. The tax cuts were not fiscally responsible.

You are very alone in defending bush. Trump made it clear bush was a disaster and he has the most republican support. Trump said what dems have been saying for years.

red.gif
FALSE

^^^^^^^^^^

what rightwingnut liars do with the truth because truth offends them.

Al Gore: "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet"

You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts. He said it, Tootsie

Gore turned out to be a real sleazebag.

I will NEVER vote for Donald Trump.

1. Retweeting a bad photo of Cruz’s wife along side a beautiful photo his own wife.
2. Mocking Rubios ears & short stature.
3. Bullying everyone he disagrees with
4. Dodging serious questions to avoid exposing his lack of knowledge.
5. Wants to kill the families of terrorists.
6. Lowering the public discourse of our nation to that of a junior high school locker room.
7. Has flip flopped on almost every major issue important to a REAL conservative. (I went there, deal with it)
8. Has given money to liberal politicians to buy favor despite the positions those liberals held.
9. The most shallow person besides Edwards to run for potus in my lifetime.

For the first time in my life I don't have a candidate that I believe in & I will NOT be voting against anyone either.
The American people created the mess our country is in by continually reelecting corrupt politicians. If Hillary wins America gets what it deserves for being uninformed dupes. Same goes for a Trump victory.

In this aspect I suppose I will be as popular as rderp for his proclamation earlier this week.
You say that now but you will more than likely change your mind.

so like I said

red.gif
FALSE

You keep quoting "invented," sorry, I didn't quote it. You'd have had an argument if I quoted it, but I didn't. He did say he "created" it. Note I quoted it because that was his actual word. Invented is a synonym, which makes it a paraphrase and is why I did in fact not quote the word. So you can say he said he "created" it or he said he invented it, either is correct.

You're welcome for the English lesson.

You think I ever said "bush was fiscally responsible?" Seriously?

:lmao:

Sorry man, couldn't read the rest because of the water in my eyes from laughing at you so hard ...

Right, I gave you the quote where he said he invented the Internet, "I took the initiative in creating the Internet"

(If President Eisenhower had said in the mid-1960s that he, while president, "took the initiative in creating the Interstate Highway System," he would not have been the subject of dozens and dozens of editorials lampooning him

Of course not, he did create the "Eisenhower Interstate Highway System."

You need to be honest, he was being a blow hard and he deserved to be mocked for it, just like you people mock Republicans for statements like "Mission Accomplished"

red.gif
FALSE

You keep quoting "invented," sorry, I didn't quote it. You'd have had an argument if I quoted it, but I didn't. He did say he "created" it. Note I quoted it because that was his actual word. Invented is a synonym, which makes it a paraphrase and is why I did in fact not quote the word. So you can say he said he "created" it or he said he invented it, either is correct.

You're welcome for the English lesson.

Who cares? Gore is a con-artist who got filthy rich off stupid leftist like yourself.

Sorry man, couldn't read the rest because of the water in my eyes from laughing at you so hard ...

I'm glad you agree bush was a disaster.

Are you reading the conversation? I've said that the whole time. Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Right, I gave you the quote where he said he invented the Internet, "I took the initiative in creating the Internet"

(If President Eisenhower had said in the mid-1960s that he, while president, "took the initiative in creating the Interstate Highway System," he would not have been the subject of dozens and dozens of editorials lampooning him

You need to be honest, he was being a blow hard and he deserved to be mocked for it, just like you people mock Republicans for statements like "Mission Accomplished"
Fair enough, I suppose.....

HOWEVER President Bush DID SAY Mission Accomplished, no one had to change his words, like the Right wing did for Gore's statement.... Not one site passing this garbage around on the right wing, zip, zero, zilch, used the ACTUAL word that he said....

HOWEVER President Bush DID SAY Mission Accomplished, no one had to change his words, like the Right wing did for Gore's statement.... Not one site passing this garbage around on the right wing, zip, zero, zilch, used the ACTUAL word that he said....

W wasn't referring to the war on terror, he specifically was referring to the fall of Hussein, which he actually did accomplish when he said it. So you may not change his words, but you are changing what he meant by them.

And no one changed Gore's words either, he said, "I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

And comparing that to Eisenhower, who actually did create the Eisenhower Interstate Highway system makes no sense at all. As I said, at least compare it to someone like Ford saying he created it. The Internet existed long before Gore ran for any office

and yet you voted for him twice when it was clear he was fiscally irresponsible...and if you look at the rhetoric back then, you'll see that the right has always claimed some fiscal superiority even though the economy always does better when democrats run things.

W wasn't referring to the war on terror, he specifically was referring to the fall of Hussein, which he actually did accomplish when he said it. So you may not change his words, but you are changing what he meant by them.

And no one changed Gore's words either, he said, "I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

And comparing that to Eisenhower, who actually did create the Eisenhower Interstate Highway system makes no sense at all. As I said, at least compare it to someone like Ford saying he created it. The Internet existed long before Gore ran for any office

that is a lie. he said "major military operations in Iraq" were complete.

stop making things up.

and yet you voted for him twice when it was clear he was fiscally irresponsible...and if you look at the rhetoric back then, you'll see that the right has always claimed some fiscal superiority even though the economy always does better when democrats run things.

I voted for him zero times, slut. I voted for Browne and Badarnak those two elections. That damned headboard, giving you so many concussions earning a living. Then again, you weren't any smarter before, were you?

Duh, dar, drool, there are Democrats and Republicans, drool, not one is the other, drool, drool. Yeah, the limited view from your teeny tiny world in your itsy bitsy brain

that is a lie. he said "major military operations in Iraq" were complete.

stop making things up.

Then again, he didn't say "mission accomplished"

I'm glad you agree bush was a disaster.

Are you reading the conversation? I've said that the whole time. Seriously, what is wrong with you?

I did see you try to defend his aweful record. I'm glad we now agree he was a disaster.

Forum List

Back