After the last few weeks I too have made a decision

[But yes, Bush spent a lot of money. Do you not understand that Democrats spend a lot of money? It is your opinion, nothing more, that Bush would have been worse than Gore

No duh, what's your point? I said I think that and why. You disagreed, but you still don't directly address the point. You really think Gore would have gotten all that passed?

And Trump is still a better choice than Hillary.

It's looking more and more like Hillary will be indicted, and I've been skeptical all along she would be. But the rep of the FBI director as non-political and that they are calling her in as a principle, it's a big development. That and that she's such an institutional sell out and her corruption is going to make getting pretty much anything done impossible. Trump? Don't know. It's uncharted waters. But I'm not taking a chance voting for someone who tells me they oppose free market capitalism. I'll vote 3rd party if it's Trump

It wasn't clear what your point was. Gotten what passed?

I think what kaz is trying to tell you is that Bush had a GOP Congress, and Gore would have had a GOP Congress. So which one was more likely to get the programs and spending he wanted from Congress?

Bush, obviously.

Ok fine but that doesn't mean that we would have been better off. Gore would have just had to adjust his spending to fit what the GOP wanted. Both of those parties spend, it's foolish to think that either would have spent less.

I was thinking in general "better off". Gore would have been a disaster.
I think you, kaz, and I all agree both parties are big spenders. I have often said:

Democrats: Tax and spend.
Republicans: Borrow and spend.

"Gore would have just had to adjust his spending" is exactly the point. He would not have been able to spend as much as he wanted. Bush was able to spend all he wanted.

As far as competence or outcomes of various scenarios, it is much more a matter of opinion of which one would have done the best. I think Bush was flat out retarded. Gore? A whole different kind of retarded.

I will NEVER vote for Donald Trump.

1. Retweeting a bad photo of Cruz’s wife along side a beautiful photo his own wife.
2. Mocking Rubios ears & short stature.
3. Bullying everyone he disagrees with
4. Dodging serious questions to avoid exposing his lack of knowledge.
5. Wants to kill the families of terrorists.
6. Lowering the public discourse of our nation to that of a junior high school locker room.
7. Has flip flopped on almost every major issue important to a REAL conservative. (I went there, deal with it)
8. Has given money to liberal politicians to buy favor despite the positions those liberals held.
9. The most shallow person besides Edwards to run for potus in my lifetime.

For the first time in my life I don't have a candidate that I believe in & I will NOT be voting against anyone either.
The American people created the mess our country is in by continually reelecting corrupt politicians. If Hillary wins America gets what it deserves for being uninformed dupes. Same goes for a Trump victory.

In this aspect I suppose I will be as popular as rderp for his proclamation earlier this week.

Is it time to lose this two party system? It is sad when one candidate is so impossible to vote for.

Wow! You said something I actually agree with.

Have you told the radical muslims and ISIS about your plans for peace? Have they signed on to it?

I do agree with you that we need to stop trying to control what happens in the rest of the world, but its naïve to think that our enemies will put down their arms if Bernie asks them to.

This is a dangerous world, and its more dangerous when we have pacifists in charge of our country.

You say our military is strong, true. But its weaker than it has been in many years and our enemies and potential enemies are very aware of that. The stupid ROE forced on our troops in Iraq caused us to lose a very winnable conflict. Same with Viet Nam. Can anyone tell me what 58,000 americans died for in Viet Nam?

Time to dramatically scale back the Empire-building. It can't be sustained. All Empires learned that. Our Founding Fathers definitely understood that. We can't be all around the world interfering and fighting numerous wars.

We need to come home. Secure our border, Reform our Immigration System, and adopt a Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy. That's the way forward.

Yes, but we have to be realistic when we do that. We cannot ignore our allies or our enemies. We must remain strong enough to defend our borders and americans who are in different countries doing business or being tourists.

What do you think the arabs and muslims would do to Israel if we abandoned them? Should we just sit back and watch a slaughter based on religion?

Isolationism cannot work, the world is too small and too interconnected.

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations - entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson

It's not 'Isolationism', it's common sense survival.

those concepts only work if the other side also practices them. So, I ask you again, have you gotten the radical muslim terrorists to agree? How about Putin and China?

Let's worry about ourselves. Let's listen to Thomas Jefferson. An Empire can't last.

you obviously missed or ignored my point, care to try again?

....have you gotten the radical muslim terrorists to agree? How about Putin and China?

[But yes, Bush spent a lot of money. Do you not understand that Democrats spend a lot of money? It is your opinion, nothing more, that Bush would have been worse than Gore

No duh, what's your point? I said I think that and why. You disagreed, but you still don't directly address the point. You really think Gore would have gotten all that passed?

And Trump is still a better choice than Hillary.

It's looking more and more like Hillary will be indicted, and I've been skeptical all along she would be. But the rep of the FBI director as non-political and that they are calling her in as a principle, it's a big development. That and that she's such an institutional sell out and her corruption is going to make getting pretty much anything done impossible. Trump? Don't know. It's uncharted waters. But I'm not taking a chance voting for someone who tells me they oppose free market capitalism. I'll vote 3rd party if it's Trump

It wasn't clear what your point was. Gotten what passed?

I think what kaz is trying to tell you is that Bush had a GOP Congress, and Gore would have had a GOP Congress. So which one was more likely to get the programs and spending he wanted from Congress?

Bush, obviously.

Ok fine but that doesn't mean that we would have been better off. Gore would have just had to adjust his spending to fit what the GOP wanted. Both of those parties spend, it's foolish to think that either would have spent less.

I think you, kaz, and I all agree both parties are big spenders. I have often said:

Democrats: Tax and spend.
Republicans: Borrow and spend.

"Gore would have just had to adjust his spending" is exactly the point. He would not have been able to spend as much as he wanted. Bush was able to spend all he wanted.

As far as competence or outcomes of various scenarios, it is much more a matter of opinion of which one would have done the best. I think Bush was flat out retarded. Gore? A whole different kind of retarded.

Oh come on, how about being honest for just once? you hate bush because he beat your clowns twice in close races. He won, you lost---------------so you hate him. I get it.

Time to dramatically scale back the Empire-building. It can't be sustained. All Empires learned that. Our Founding Fathers definitely understood that. We can't be all around the world interfering and fighting numerous wars.

We need to come home. Secure our border, Reform our Immigration System, and adopt a Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy. That's the way forward.

Yes, but we have to be realistic when we do that. We cannot ignore our allies or our enemies. We must remain strong enough to defend our borders and americans who are in different countries doing business or being tourists.

What do you think the arabs and muslims would do to Israel if we abandoned them? Should we just sit back and watch a slaughter based on religion?

Isolationism cannot work, the world is too small and too interconnected.

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations - entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson

It's not 'Isolationism', it's common sense survival.

those concepts only work if the other side also practices them. So, I ask you again, have you gotten the radical muslim terrorists to agree? How about Putin and China?

Let's worry about ourselves. Let's listen to Thomas Jefferson. An Empire can't last.

you obviously missed or ignored my point, care to try again?

....have you gotten the radical muslim terrorists to agree? How about Putin and China?

It's not about them, it's about us. We have to stop trying to maintain an Empire. We need to come home and focus on our own nation.

Gore would have been a disaster.

Agreed, but W was a disaster, so it's a matter of which of the two did / would have done more damage

W was not a disaster. he made some mistakes and some good moves, like all presidents.

If you think he did the Iraq mess totally on his own then you are as naïve as some of the libs.

Yeah, he was. Spending and getting us deeper into the Wilson Doctrine of being in everyone's shit

You and I have been in many discussions where I say to the libs it's both parties, I'm not sure why you'd say that to me

I have frequently pointed out the "lesser of two evils" voting bullshit that people do inevitably leads to more and more evil choices.

I will let the 2000 to 2016 election cycles stand as proof.

I will NEVER vote for Donald Trump.

1. Retweeting a bad photo of Cruz’s wife along side a beautiful photo his own wife.
2. Mocking Rubios ears & short stature.
3. Bullying everyone he disagrees with
4. Dodging serious questions to avoid exposing his lack of knowledge.
5. Wants to kill the families of terrorists.
6. Lowering the public discourse of our nation to that of a junior high school locker room.
7. Has flip flopped on almost every major issue important to a REAL conservative. (I went there, deal with it)
8. Has given money to liberal politicians to buy favor despite the positions those liberals held.
9. The most shallow person besides Edwards to run for potus in my lifetime.

For the first time in my life I don't have a candidate that I believe in & I will NOT be voting against anyone either.
The American people created the mess our country is in by continually reelecting corrupt politicians. If Hillary wins America gets what it deserves for being uninformed dupes. Same goes for a Trump victory.

In this aspect I suppose I will be as popular as rderp for his proclamation earlier this week.

Watching this “town hall” with Mr. Trump solidifies everything you said.

nothing would ever have done more damage than baby bush's presidency. pretending that isn't the case is delusional.

Typical left wing nutter response. You idiots think that because you say a thing, that thing is true. It isn't, go lie to someone else.

no. the fact that you think there is the slightest basis for thinking anyone could have been a worse president than bush is funny.

so like I said

The inventor of the internet as President? That would have been the bomb!

he never said that. he said he was responsible... which he was since he led that charge in the senate. but clearly you wouldn't know that.

baby bush... sub literate .... crashed our economy... destabilized the entire mid east.

yeah, anything would have been better.

again, no one expects you to either understand or be honest.

Sorry toots, Gore did say he invented it. The quote is all over the internet. You can't word parse your way out of it. Gore is one of the Democrat Dan Quayle's when it comes to stupid quotes. Kerry and Hillary being two of the others.

I like how you chastise me for agreeing that W was worse. Still a stupid bitch I see
NOPE Tootsie, you and the entire right wing, are WRONG on your claim....but sadly, it is par for the course for conservatives and their propaganda lie machine...

red.gif
FALSE

Origins: Despite the derisive references that continue even today, former Vice-President Al Gore never claimed that he "invented" the Internet, nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted that way. The "Al Gore said he 'invented' the Internet" put-downs were misleading, out-of-context distortions of something he said during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "Late Edition" program on 9 March 1999. When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore replied (in part):

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

Although Vice-President Gore's phrasing might have been a bit clumsy (and perhaps self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet in the sense of having designed or implemented it, but rather that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development the technology that we now know as the Internet. To claim that Gore was seriously trying to take credit for the "invention" of the Internet is, frankly, just silly political posturing that arose out of a close presidential campaign. Gore never used the word "invent," and the words "create" and "invent" have distinctly different meanings: the former is used in the sense of "to bring about" or "to bring into existence" while the latter is generally used to signify the first instance of someone's thinking up or implementing an idea.

(To those who say the words "create" and "invent" mean exactly the same thing, we have to ask why, then, the media overwhelmingly and consistently cited Gore as having claimed he "invented" the Internet, even though he never used that word, and transcripts of what he actually said were readily available.)

If President Eisenhower had said in the mid-1960s that he, while president, "took the initiative in creating the Interstate Highway System," he would not have been the subject of dozens and dozens of editorials lampooning him for claiming he "invented" the concept of highways or implying that he personally went out and dug ditches across the country to help build the roadway. Everyone would have understood that Ike meant he was a driving force behind the legislation that created the highway system, and this was the very same concept Al Gore was expressing about himself with his Internet statement.

Typical left wing nutter response. You idiots think that because you say a thing, that thing is true. It isn't, go lie to someone else.

no. the fact that you think there is the slightest basis for thinking anyone could have been a worse president than bush is funny.

so like I said

he never said that. he said he was responsible... which he was since he led that charge in the senate. but clearly you wouldn't know that.

baby bush... sub literate .... crashed our economy... destabilized the entire mid east.

Sorry toots, Gore did say he invented it. The quote is all over the internet. You can't word parse your way out of it. Gore is one of the Democrat Dan Quayle's when it comes to stupid quotes. Kerry and Hillary being two of the others.

I like how you chastise me for agreeing that W was worse. Still a stupid bitch I see
NOPE Tootsie, you and the entire right wing, are WRONG on your claim....but sadly, it is par for the course for conservatives and their propaganda lie machine...

red.gif
FALSE

Origins: Despite the derisive references that continue even today, former Vice-President Al Gore never claimed that he "invented" the Internet, nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted that way. The "Al Gore said he 'invented' the Internet" put-downs were misleading, out-of-context distortions of something he said during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "Late Edition" program on 9 March 1999. When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore replied (in part):

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

Although Vice-President Gore's phrasing might have been a bit clumsy (and perhaps self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet in the sense of having designed or implemented it, but rather that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development the technology that we now know as the Internet. To claim that Gore was seriously trying to take credit for the "invention" of the Internet is, frankly, just silly political posturing that arose out of a close presidential campaign. Gore never used the word "invent," and the words "create" and "invent" have distinctly different meanings: the former is used in the sense of "to bring about" or "to bring into existence" while the latter is generally used to signify the first instance of someone's thinking up or implementing an idea.

(To those who say the words "create" and "invent" mean exactly the same thing, we have to ask why, then, the media overwhelmingly and consistently cited Gore as having claimed he "invented" the Internet, even though he never used that word, and transcripts of what he actually said were readily available.)

If President Eisenhower had said in the mid-1960s that he, while president, "took the initiative in creating the Interstate Highway System," he would not have been the subject of dozens and dozens of editorials lampooning him for claiming he "invented" the concept of highways or implying that he personally went out and dug ditches across the country to help build the roadway. Everyone would have understood that Ike meant he was a driving force behind the legislation that created the highway system, and this was the very same concept Al Gore was expressing about himself with his Internet statement.

That's quite a spin job there. All that work and you still aren't fooling anyone.

so like I said

red.gif
FALSE

i tried to tell them. but they like lying. it amuses them and they do it just for fun. the barrage of threads on hillary clinton and her alleged abortions and not being chelsea's mother when they know they're lying, is just more proof of their intentional conspiracy lunacy.

they don't care what reality is... that's what makes them trolls.

and now they have their troll in chief as candidate.

so like I said

red.gif
FALSE

That's quite a spin job there. All that work and you still aren't fooling anyone.

^^^^^^^^^^

what rightwingnut liars do with the truth because truth offends them.

Gore would have been a disaster.

Agreed, but W was a disaster, so it's a matter of which of the two did / would have done more damage

W was not a disaster. he made some mistakes and some good moves, like all presidents. If you think he did the Iraq mess totally on his own then you are as naïve as some of the libs.

What about throwing away a balanced budget?
Tanking the economy?
9/11?
What good did he do?

so like I said

red.gif
FALSE

You keep quoting "invented," sorry, I didn't quote it. You'd have had an argument if I quoted it, but I didn't. He did say he "created" it. Note I quoted it because that was his actual word. Invented is a synonym, which makes it a paraphrase and is why I did in fact not quote the word. So you can say he said he "created" it or he said he invented it, either is correct.

You're welcome for the English lesson.

Forum List

Back