🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

After what the stupid party did in Colorado, they will soon be history.

The handling of Colorado's delegate selection was decided 8 months ago. Why wasn't Trump prepared for this?

Especially since he ripped Santorum in 2012 over this. Makes me wonder if the theory that he didn't really want to win and is not trying to lose while claiming he won to save his image and lose the race to hillary has some merit

Trump really scares you libs doesn't he?

I'm not a lib. You know this. Why do you feel the need to pretend otherwise. I oppose trump because he is a progressive and an authoritarian.
Don't forget, Cruz is the guy that shut down government because obama wouldn't accept the buget without funding obamacare. He was alone in that and the GOP predictably got the fallout. How is that not authoritarian?

The handling of Colorado's delegate selection was decided 8 months ago. Why wasn't Trump prepared for this?

Especially since he ripped Santorum in 2012 over this. Makes me wonder if the theory that he didn't really want to win and is not trying to lose while claiming he won to save his image and lose the race to hillary has some merit

I'm not a lib. You know this. Why do you feel the need to pretend otherwise. I oppose trump because he is a progressive and an authoritarian.
Don't forget, Cruz is the guy that shut down government because obama wouldn't accept the buget without funding obamacare. He was alone in that and the GOP predictably got the fallout. How is that not authoritarian?

first of all, one senator cannot shut down the government
second, the government has never been shut down
third, not having la budget does not stop the government from operating
fourth, Obama had both houses in congress his first two years and did not pass a budget
fifth, Obama shut down national monuments to make a foolish point

If it comes down to Trump vs Clinton, how will you vote?

Neither. I'm not voting for a progressive authoritarian no matter what party they are in.

fourth, Obama had both houses in congress his first two years and did not pass a budget
I said nothing about obama and you know nothing about Cruz.

For Ted Cruz, the 2013 shutdown was a defining moment
By David A. Fahrenthold and Katie Zezima February 16 Follow @Fahrenthold Follow @katiezez
In 2013, freshman Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas said he had a plan to do something that seemed impossible. He could force President Obama to strip the funding from the landmark health-care law that had come to bear his name — Obamacare — by threatening to shut down the government.

To some other conservatives, there was a problem with Cruz’s plan.

It still seemed impossible.

To succeed, Cruz needed a novel way to outmaneuver the Democrat-led Senate and then pressure Obama to undercut his signature domestic policy achievement.

But Cruz didn’t have one. Instead, his critics said, he offered only a fanciful theory that if the GOP flirted hard enough with a shutdown, Democratic lawmakers and the White House might lose heart and surrender.

Grover Norquist, the influential anti-tax activist, likened Cruz’s strategy to a plotline in the satirical animated show “South Park,” in which a group of gnomes comes up with a brilliant plan to become rich.

“Step 1 is: Steal all the underwear in South Park. Step 2 is: Mumumumbumbumbum,” Norquist said, making a nonsense sound. “And Step 3 is: Make a million dollars. And this [plan] reminded me of that episode.”

Josh Holmes, a former aide to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), said it was “like a toddler’s version of legislating.”

Cruz’s gambit didn’t work. Neither Senate Democrats nor Obama gave an inch on their cherished law. Instead, the government shut down for 16 days, and Republicans in Congress were blamed for it — including by other Republicans, who said they had distracted attention from the disastrous rollout of the HealthCare.gov website.

Today, the drama that surrounded the shutdown — including Cruz’s 21-hour Senate speech, in which he read “Green Eggs and Ham” to his daughters via the C-SPAN feed — is the defining moment of a Senate tenure that has helped make Cruz the favorite Republican presidential candidate for many conservatives.

To those supporters, the shutdown signaled the depth of Cruz’s commitment to rein in government.

But for many Republicans in Congress, this was the episode that soured them on Cruz. Many suspect that he always knew his plan would fail but went ahead with it anyway — expecting that he would personally benefit from the exposure, even if his party lost a damaging fight.

“He knew that. He knew it. He knew it,” former senator Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) said. “It wasn’t about the shutdown. It wasn’t about the Affordable Care Act. It was about launching Ted Cruz.”

If it comes down to Trump vs Clinton, how will you vote?

Neither. I'm not voting for a progressive authoritarian no matter what party they are in.

which one do you think staying home helps the most?

By David A. Fahrenthold and Katie Zezima February 16 Follow @Fahrenthold Follow @katiezez
In 2013, freshman Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas said he had a plan to do something that seemed impossible. He could force President Obama to strip the funding from the landmark health-care law that had come to bear his name — Obamacare — by threatening to shut down the government.

To succeed, Cruz needed a novel way to outmaneuver the Democrat-led Senate and then pressure Obama to undercut his signature domestic policy achievement.

But Cruz didn’t have one. Instead, his critics said, he offered only a fanciful theory that if the GOP flirted hard enough with a shutdown, Democratic lawmakers and the White House might lose heart and surrender.

Grover Norquist, the influential anti-tax activist, likened Cruz’s strategy to a plotline in the satirical animated show “South Park,” in which a group of gnomes comes up with a brilliant plan to become rich.

“Step 1 is: Steal all the underwear in South Park. Step 2 is: Mumumumbumbumbum,” Norquist said, making a nonsense sound. “And Step 3 is: Make a million dollars. And this [plan] reminded me of that episode.”

Josh Holmes, a former aide to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), said it was “like a toddler’s version of legislating.”

Cruz’s gambit didn’t work. Neither Senate Democrats nor Obama gave an inch on their cherished law. Instead, the government shut down for 16 days, and Republicans in Congress were blamed for it — including by other Republicans, who said they had distracted attention from the disastrous rollout of the HealthCare.gov website.

Today, the drama that surrounded the shutdown — including Cruz’s 21-hour Senate speech, in which he read “Green Eggs and Ham” to his daughters via the C-SPAN feed — is the defining moment of a Senate tenure that has helped make Cruz the favorite Republican presidential candidate for many conservatives.

To those supporters, the shutdown signaled the depth of Cruz’s commitment to rein in government.

But for many Republicans in Congress, this was the episode that soured them on Cruz. Many suspect that he always knew his plan would fail but went ahead with it anyway — expecting that he would personally benefit from the exposure, even if his party lost a damaging fight.

“He knew that. He knew it. He knew it,” former senator Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) said. “It wasn’t about the shutdown. It wasn’t about the Affordable Care Act. It was about launching Ted Cruz.”

I don't recall saying that I was a cruz supporter. What I am is anti-democrat. I will vote against whoever the dems run. I don't care who the GOP runs, whoever it is will get my vote. Do you understand?

I don't recall saying that I was a cruz supporter. What I am is anti-democrat. I will vote against whoever the dems run. I don't care who the GOP runs, whoever it is will get my vote. Do you understand?
You said you opposed Trump because he was an authoritarian so I asked you how Cruz wasn't, I didn't say you supported him. Then you said a senator couldn't shut down government, but he did. He stood in the way of the bill getting passed for a while. which predictably failed. To me that's more authoritarian than a businessman that made deals his whole life.

You said you opposed Trump because he was an authoritarian so I asked you how Cruz wasn't, I didn't say you supported him. Then you said a senator couldn't shut down government, but he did. He stood in the way of the bill getting passed for a while. which predictably failed. To me that's more authoritarian than a businessman that made deals his whole life.

you have me confused with someone else. I never said that I opposed Trump.

A senator can block a bill, but only the president can order the shutdown of the government.

What point are you trying to make?

A senator can block a bill, but only the president can order the shutdown of the government.

Huh? I responded to your comments to me and even quoted them. See above. You said:

"first of all, one senator cannot shut down the government
fifth, Obama shut down national monuments to make a foolish point"

Like I said before, I said nothing about obama and I quoted the piece that explains that Ted did shut down government for a short while. That isn't trying to make a point, the point was made and I'm not responsible for how you received it.

Huh? I responded to your comments to me and even quoted them. See above. You said:

"first of all, one senator cannot shut down the government
fifth, Obama shut down national monuments to make a foolish point"

Like I said before, I said nothing about obama and I quoted the piece that explains that Ted did shut down government for a short while. That isn't trying to make a point, the point was made and I'm not responsible for how you received it.

Cruz did not shut down the government. The government was never "shut down". That's the simple point that you cannot seem to grasp.

That's EXACTLY what it means ... "If you don't do what I like, I just won't play ---waah, waah, waah". It's all about you, isn't it?

As for the childish personal attack ... well done. You've definitely demonstrated your immaturity.
I asked where the quote was since you said Trump said the party acted illegally and you stuffed your head up your ass and claimed victory instead.

LOL, you stupid asshole, I call em the way I see em!

Let's take it one step at a time ...

1) Your pedantic little rant - not even an original ("stupid asshole" - THAT's the best you got?) was both pathetic and childish. I watch you and others - when lacking an honest position - resort to these immature little attacks as if yelling louder makes you right. Grow the hell up.

2) At the GOP meeting in New York, Trump accused the RNC of rigging the rules so that he couldn't get nominated - despite the fact that the rules have been in place for years. He went further and attacked the RNC of attempting to deny people the right to vote - an amazingly naive, childish, and ever so incorrect understanding of the party rules. Oh, and by the way, that's accusing them of a crime.

3) People like you, whose magnitude of ignorance never ceases to amaze, listen to a single sound byte, and then come on here and try to position yourself as a know-all, be-all expert, when in fact, all you do is demonstrate the amazing depth of your ignorance. You don't even KNOW how foolish you make yourself look. A discussion with you is like playing in a mud puddle - it isn't very deep and you're just going to get dirty.

4) Now, you will notice that I called you out, and I didn't use a single vulgarity or obscene word. Do yourself a favor - you won't look like such an idiot if you try to use the same technique, assuming of course that you know more than 3 non-vulgar, non-obscene words. I strongly suspect you don't.
I made it pretty clear I don't give a fuck what you opinion is, and here you are offering even more as if this one was going to make a difference? I called you a stupid asshole for a reason. Preening your anus on a message board is supposed to do what for you????

You said "Actually, Trump said the party acted illegally .... just sayin'" so I asked for for the quote and so far you still haven't provided it but chose this method instead. That doesn't cut it.

The GOP's position is that the system isn't rigged because the corrupt way they do things to put the establishment pick in office is known in advance. Calling it rigged is dead on since it's designed to favor a minority making the decision. I don't know what Trump knew, unlike yourself. For all I know he might be using it to hammer home the point that they don't want an outsider and wasn't going to get those delegates anyway so it's to his advantage to put the spot light on it instead.

If you find the quote where he said it was illegal, as per your earlier claim, post it up. Otherwise go play with your asshole somewhere else.

LOL --- this is like playing marbles with somebody who doesn't have any. Did you lose them recently, or has this been an ongoing problem?

But, I will admit ---- you captured the essence of the issue in three words "I don't know..." You have demonstrated that very well, thank you.
Here he is fondling his anus again! Where is the quote that Trump said the election process is illegal? You could have found it and posted it instead of thumping your chest and claiming victory. Therefore you are full of shit.

""The system is rigged, it's crooked," Trump said on Fox News on Monday, alleging the Colorado convention results showed voters were being denied a voice in the process." Trump lashes out at 'rigged' Republican delegate rules

Now, will you stop your pedantic little rants and just go away? I can only think of the one word that describes you best - B-O-R-I-N-G. You're just a one-trick pony, or as we say out here ... "... all hat and no cattle ..." , or as my grandpa used to say " ... all bullshit and no beef .... "

I asked where the quote was since you said Trump said the party acted illegally and you stuffed your head up your ass and claimed victory instead.

LOL, you stupid asshole, I call em the way I see em!

1) Your pedantic little rant - not even an original ("stupid asshole" - THAT's the best you got?) was both pathetic and childish. I watch you and others - when lacking an honest position - resort to these immature little attacks as if yelling louder makes you right. Grow the hell up.

2) At the GOP meeting in New York, Trump accused the RNC of rigging the rules so that he couldn't get nominated - despite the fact that the rules have been in place for years. He went further and attacked the RNC of attempting to deny people the right to vote - an amazingly naive, childish, and ever so incorrect understanding of the party rules. Oh, and by the way, that's accusing them of a crime.

3) People like you, whose magnitude of ignorance never ceases to amaze, listen to a single sound byte, and then come on here and try to position yourself as a know-all, be-all expert, when in fact, all you do is demonstrate the amazing depth of your ignorance. You don't even KNOW how foolish you make yourself look. A discussion with you is like playing in a mud puddle - it isn't very deep and you're just going to get dirty.

4) Now, you will notice that I called you out, and I didn't use a single vulgarity or obscene word. Do yourself a favor - you won't look like such an idiot if you try to use the same technique, assuming of course that you know more than 3 non-vulgar, non-obscene words. I strongly suspect you don't.
I made it pretty clear I don't give a fuck what you opinion is, and here you are offering even more as if this one was going to make a difference? I called you a stupid asshole for a reason. Preening your anus on a message board is supposed to do what for you????

You said "Actually, Trump said the party acted illegally .... just sayin'" so I asked for for the quote and so far you still haven't provided it but chose this method instead. That doesn't cut it.

The GOP's position is that the system isn't rigged because the corrupt way they do things to put the establishment pick in office is known in advance. Calling it rigged is dead on since it's designed to favor a minority making the decision. I don't know what Trump knew, unlike yourself. For all I know he might be using it to hammer home the point that they don't want an outsider and wasn't going to get those delegates anyway so it's to his advantage to put the spot light on it instead.

If you find the quote where he said it was illegal, as per your earlier claim, post it up. Otherwise go play with your asshole somewhere else.

LOL --- this is like playing marbles with somebody who doesn't have any. Did you lose them recently, or has this been an ongoing problem?

But, I will admit ---- you captured the essence of the issue in three words "I don't know..." You have demonstrated that very well, thank you.
Here he is fondling his anus again! Where is the quote that Trump said the election process is illegal? You could have found it and posted it instead of thumping your chest and claiming victory. Therefore you are full of shit.

""The system is rigged, it's crooked," Trump said on Fox News on Monday, alleging the Colorado convention results showed voters were being denied a voice in the process." Trump lashes out at 'rigged' Republican delegate rules

Now, will you stop your pedantic little rants and just go away? I can only think of the one word that describes you best - B-O-R-I-N-G. You're just a one-trick pony, or as we say out here ... "... all hat and no cattle ..." , or as my grandpa used to say " ... all bullshit and no beef .... "
Nice try Queenie. He didn't say illegal so you lied. A system can be crooked, as in dishonest, but entirely legal. It's not the same. And you can't be bored unless you are a boring person. Next time look shit up instead of shooting off your alligator mouth.

Nice try Queenie. He didn't say illegal so you lied. A system can be crooked, as in dishonest, but entirely legal. It's not the same. And you can't be bored unless you are a boring person. Next time look shit up instead of shooting off your alligator mouth.

Damn! Last time I checked, "crooked" meant against the law. Clearly, English seems to be your second language and you may not be aware of the intricacies and connotative elements of a particular word. Maybe you should look them up before you speak.

And I know a lot of people who won't.

Regarding polls, it's still six months out and things can change, but when polls show us things over and over again, we have to take those things seriously.

In the primaries - forget the caucuses - Trump has either been coming in at or below his polling numbers. Voters who are deciding in the last few days are voting overwhelmingly for someone else. He has a bedrock of support amongst a minority of voters but isn't expanding much beyond that. His negatives amongst Republican women have gone up during the election, with nearly half having a negative view of him.

Something has to change for Trump, because if this keeps going, the GOP are going to get crushed.

Or not.

No way those "Republican Women" vote for Hillary. It just won't ever happen. Again, the GOP can run fucking C'Thulhu and the Republican Rank and File will vote for him.

Polls have Hillary leading Trump by 10% amongst married women, a group Romney won.

Republican women don't have to vote for Hillary. Many just won't show up, and the Independent women will do the rest.

And yet still no evidence that anything was rigged. Cruz has an amazing organization and his hard work paid off. Trump showed up at the lady second, did crappy work, and thus won nothing.

But somehow that's the party's fault.

No wonder this country is going to hell. You all want to blame others for why you didn't get what you want when you didn't put any effort into getting it.
And the people were silenced, being refused a vote and a voice.

Sugarcoat that asshole.
How were people silenced? and who was refused a voice and a vote?
5.35 million people.
Wrong! March 1, 2016
Yes Donald, Colorado Did Vote…On March 1st

Yes Donald, Colorado Did Vote…On March 1st
COLORADO GOP DECIDES VOTERS DON'T NEED TO VOTE. WAIT! WHAT?

It cracks me up when Democrats talk about Republicans when your nomination was over long ago because of super delegates. No Democrats votes mattered unless someone won a complete landslide

It cracks me up when Democrats talk about Republicans when your nomination was over long ago because of super delegates. No Democrats votes mattered unless someone won a complete landslide
Super delegates have never gone to the candidate with less votes. No reason to believe it'll be different this time.

Want to see the Democrat primary results from Colorado and Wyoming? I'd ask for your GOP results but.... uh........ awkward

And I know a lot of people who won't.

Regarding polls, it's still six months out and things can change, but when polls show us things over and over again, we have to take those things seriously.

In the primaries - forget the caucuses - Trump has either been coming in at or below his polling numbers. Voters who are deciding in the last few days are voting overwhelmingly for someone else. He has a bedrock of support amongst a minority of voters but isn't expanding much beyond that. His negatives amongst Republican women have gone up during the election, with nearly half having a negative view of him.

Something has to change for Trump, because if this keeps going, the GOP are going to get crushed.

Or not.

No way those "Republican Women" vote for Hillary. It just won't ever happen. Again, the GOP can run fucking C'Thulhu and the Republican Rank and File will vote for him.

Polls have Hillary leading Trump by 10% amongst married women, a group Romney won.

Republican women don't have to vote for Hillary. Many just won't show up, and the Independent women will do the rest.

That is the actual big question. Actual crossover voting will be dwarfed by sitting at home on their hands on both sides. With the unpopularity of the top candidates, there will be a LOT of sitting at home. No way Hillary gets the black turnout or youth turnout that Obama got

Super delegates have never gone to the candidate with less votes. No reason to believe it'll be different this time.

Want to see the Democrat primary results from Colorado and Wyoming? I'd ask for your GOP results but.... uh........ awkward

So if you're arguing the same hasn't happened in Democrat primaries where the voters felt the Bern and Hillary got most of the delegates, then you're full of shit. And if the superdelegates are going to the winning candidate, where are they? They're still with the felon when the hippie is repeatedly beating her in winning States and votes

So if you're arguing the same hasn't happened in Democrat primaries where the voters felt the Bern and Hillary got most of the delegates, then you're full of shit. And if the superdelegates are going to the winning candidate, where are they? They're still with the felon when the hippie is repeatedly beating her in winning States and votes
It hasn't happened. Superdelegates can change their minds whenever they like. Just like the GOP's unbound delegates.

Damn! Last time I checked, "crooked" meant against the law. Clearly, English seems to be your second language and you may not be aware of the intricacies and connotative elements of a particular word. Maybe you should look them up before you speak.
LOL. You're a lying hack.

Definition of CROOKED
Simple Definition of crooked
  • : not straight : having bends and curves

• : not set or placed straight

• : not honest

It isn't synonymous with illegal so I doubt you ever even looked it up, but thanks for the advice, maybe you should follow it? I'm sure Trump would have said illegal if that's what he meant. You are dishonest, does that make you an illegal? Nope, just stupid.

Forum List

Back