AG Garland Calls Trump's Bluff

As I said I have no idea what involvement the FBI had at the Jan 6th riot. However seeing how hard the FBI has tried to find something to charge Trump with and all the dirty tricks the FBI used to spy on Trump — I would not be surprised if they tried to fire up the rioters.

Of course they did. Go with that. The FBI forced tRump to take things that didn't belong to him, of course they did!!!!
MAGA

You’re using outdated talking points. There was a subpoena in June. Trump knows this, not sure why he kept that from you.

Trump complied with that one and the FBI took all the records they wanted. It was the national archives that said they believed there were more documents than the FBI took and they raided MAL.

Trump complied with that one and the FBI took all the records they wanted. It was the national archives that said they believed there were more documents than the FBI took and they raided MAL.
Who said that Trump complied with the subpoena?

Of course they did. Go with that. The FBI forced tRump to take things that didn't belong to him, of course they did!!!!
MAGA
I was talking about the FBI firing up the Jan 6th rioters. Obviously the FBi didn’t force Trump to take documents.

Rumors I hear are Trump took documents that will embarrass the FBI and the DOJ on how they investigated Trump.

I was talking about the FBI firing up the Jan 6th rioters. Obviously the FBi didn’t force Trump to take documents.

Rumors I hear are Trump took documents that will embarrass the FBI and the DOJ on how they investigated Trump.

Yes, that's it the super stable genius took stuff like that with him and sat on them for over a year and a half. The same guy that can't keep his mouth shut about anything sat on information that would embarrase this current administration. You really wanna go with that right?
MAGA

The sources are all Trump and his lawyers.

Hardly surprising.

Let me know when there’s actual evidence he was complying.

Oh that's right, the MSM always sides with Trump. Yes his lawyers, because it's his lawyers and the FBI that were discussing the documents in question. So what other evidence are you looking for?

Oh that's right, the MSM always sides with Trump. Yes his lawyers, because it's his lawyers and the FBI that were discussing the documents in question. So what other evidence are you looking for?
Let’s wait and see what the FBI says.

If he wasn’t complying, wouldn’t you agree that the warrant was justified?

Let’s wait and see what the FBI says.

If he wasn’t complying, wouldn’t you agree that the warrant was justified?

No, what I would say is that they should have sent a subpoena for the exact documents they wanted, and then if they didn't comply, take it to court and have a judge settle the matter. If the judge ruled Trump must surrender those documents to the FBI and he didn't, hold Trump in contempt of court.

"The federal magistrate judge who authorized the warrant to search Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate emphasized Monday that he “carefully reviewed” the FBI’s sworn evidence before signing off and considers the facts contained in an accompanying affidavit to be “reliable.”
I knew the judge would not allow Trump and his lawyers to discover the witnesses and the investigation techniques aligned against him. It took all of four hours today for the judge to make his decision.

The Guardian reports, "A federal judge ordered on Thursday that the affidavit justifying the search warrant used to seize sensitive government documents from Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida earlier this month should be partly unsealed according to redactions proposed by the justice department.

The order from Judge Bruce Reinhart, who approved the FBI search warrant and is overseeing the case, instructed the justice department to release a redacted version of the affidavit that he had reviewed before noon on Friday.

"In a two-page ruling, the judge said the justice department’s proposed redactions were specifically restricted to keep secret grand jury material, the identities of uncharged individuals and sources and methods used in the criminal investigation – and the remainder could become public."

“The government has met its burden of showing that its proposed redactions are narrowly tailored to serve the government’s legitimate interest in the integrity of the ongoing investigation and are the least onerous alternative to sealing the entire Affidavit,” Reinhart wrote.

There is a great deal of talk on the media concerning the public's interest in this affidavit that reveals the nature of the documents Trump stole from our house, namely the White House. The documents Trump stole belong to the American people.

The public's interest is served by not revealing the critical factors contained in the affidavit.

Either you people are plugged into some very FAKE NEWS or you are just making it all up as you go along.
Captain Chaos had some PRETTY seriously classified stuff at MAL.
He's could very well be charged with felonues that could result in 10 years in prison.
(excerpt)
"Records covered by that government classification level could potentially include human intelligence and information that, if disclosed, could jeopardize relations between the U.S. and other nations, as well as the lives of intelligence operatives abroad. However, the classification also encompasses national security information related to the daily operations of the president of the United States."

Either you people are plugged into some very FAKE NEWS or you are just making it all up as you go along.
Captain Chaos had some PRETTY seriously classified stuff at MAL.
He's could very well be charged with felonues that could result in 10 years in prison.
(excerpt)
"Records covered by that government classification level could potentially include human intelligence and information that, if disclosed, could jeopardize relations between the U.S. and other nations, as well as the lives of intelligence operatives abroad. However, the classification also encompasses national security information related to the daily operations of the president of the United States."

Except you forgot the fact that only the President and Vice President have the constitutional power to declassify documents unless they appoint people in their administration to do so on their behalf.

If they wish to push it, it will become a court and constitutional issue.

No, what I would say is that they should have sent a subpoena for the exact documents they wanted, and then if they didn't comply, take it to court and have a judge settle the matter. If the judge ruled Trump must surrender those documents to the FBI and he didn't, hold Trump in contempt of court.
They did take to a judge and the judge said go ahead and execute the search warrant.

The FBI likely does not know what Trump has. Your suggestion is unworkable.

Rumors…

Funny shit

Except you forgot the fact that only the President and Vice President have the constitutional power to declassify documents unless they appoint people in their administration to do so on their behalf.

SNAP OUT OF THIS FANTASY!
Lol!
Whether or not the documents were "declassified" by Trump's magic Twitter wand or not is a non starter.
Absolutely irrelevant because there is more to the declassification process than the POTUS just saying "I deem thee unclassified."
And Trump never went through the process.
No real judge would ever even hear that ridiculous argument.

Forum List

Back