AGAIN We tried to WARN you ignorant people! ACA won't WORK... and that's fine by Obama!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Why??

Because this idiot has told us:" "I prefer single payer health system"

This idiot wants 1,400 insurance companies to go out of business, just as he has driven coal mining industry to bankruptcy! These companies pay $100 billion a year and employ 450,000 people. Where will this dummy get the money? He doesn't give a crap! He'll be gone but his legacy will be bankrupt companies!

UnitedHealth, the nation's biggest health insurer, will cut its participation in public health insurance exchanges to only a handful of states next year after expanding to nearly three dozen for this year.

CEO Stephen Hemsley said Tuesday that the company expects losses from its exchange business to total more than $1 billion for this year and last. He added that the company cannot continue to broadly serve the market created by the Affordable Care Act's coverage expansion due partly to the higher risk that comes with its customers.

News from The Associated Press

The sad FACT there was NO health care crisis! There never were 46 million UNINSURED AMERICANS!
That LIE was so frequently shouted by Obama, et.al. that most Americans really believed that and
so we have the for REAL HEALTH CARE CRISIS NOW!!!

How sad!

that just shows how sick these people who did not have steady health care insurance coverage have gotten without insurance all these years, and those with preexisting conditions going without care, no?

Expanding the current, operational Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage program to all would have:
  • Opened up massive new markets for insurance companies, maintaining competition and innovation
  • Taken a huge cost/administrative monkey off the backs of American Business
  • Created/expanded a huge cottage industry for neighborhood health clinics that would concentrate on lower-end services
  • Saved insurance companies huge costs by eliminating most low-end administration & expenditures
  • Created a healthier populace by providing free or low-cost access to preventive & diagnostic services, catching illness much earlier up and down the age and income strata
But no, we can't have that, because the politicians had to do what they do best, over-complicate things, and the partisans had to do what they do best, be partisan.

Last edited:
I was in the hospital emergency room last week (I pay for my insurance)
The place was jammed pack with people using it like a doctors office without insurance they can't get into a regular doctors office because of being illegal.
That is our problem right there jerk. I would be without insurance as a pre-existing cancer payer who at least Obama has taken a step to help those like me.
No one needs to pay for me..I pay my own way. Its the people without insurance dragging us down.

Expanding the current, operational Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage program to all would have:
  • Opened up massive new markets for insurance companies, maintaining competition and innovation
  • Taken a huge cost/administrative monkey off the backs of American Business
  • Created/expanded a huge cottage industry for neighborhood health clinics that would concentrate on lower-end services
  • Saved insurance companies huge costs by eliminating most low-end administration & expenditures
  • Created a healthier populace by providing free or low-cost access to preventive & diagnostic services, catching illness much earlier up and down the age and income strata
But no, we can't have that, because the politicians had to do what they do best, over-complicate things, and the partisans had to do what they do best, be partisan.

YOU are so ignorant of how insurance works!
A) There never were 46 million uninsured Americans! 10 million were illegals! 14 million were eligible for Medicaid! 18 million under 34 and didn't need health insurance!
B) $850 billion a year wasted according to doctors due to FEAR of lawsuits by lawyers who make $270 billion a year!
C) Insurance companies simply pay the claims. Raise the premiums as the states regulators see that 80% of premiums go to pay this $850 billion wasted services!
D) Simple fact is tax lawyers 10%
E) Use to pay the 5 million uninsured and that will solve two problems:
1) If the wasted defensive medicine costs of $850 billion drops that means lower costs to insurance which means lower premiums
2) Then the lawyers 10% tax would be reduced as the $850 billion drops.

These are the simple reasons why there is NO NEED for ACA/Health care crisis!
Simply solve the $850 billion a year that is wasted by duplicate tests,etc. that doctors order because they fear lawsuits!
Proof this would work is NO Federal contracted doctors can be sued due to the 1946 Tort reform! As a result less then 40% of federal contracted doctors do defensive
medicine! So why are we not seeing Tort Reform to prevent this $850 billion a year in wasted services for duplicate tests!

That plus less then 5 million that truly need insurance... Screwed up MESS!

:eusa_shhh: Obamacare will continue to destroy the Democratic party, they own 100% of this turd its the gift that keeps on giving. :eusa_dance:

I was in the hospital emergency room last week (I pay for my insurance)
The place was jammed pack with people using it like a doctors office without insurance they can't get into a regular doctors office because of being illegal.
That is our problem right there jerk. I would be without insurance as a pre-existing cancer payer who at least Obama has taken a step to help those like me.
No one needs to pay for me..I pay my own way. Its the people without insurance dragging us down.

YOU are absolutely RIGHT! It is called "EMTALA"
A) 1986 EMTALA act... look it up
The Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) is a federal law that requires anyone coming to an emergency department to be stabilized and treated, regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay, but since its enactment in 1986 has remained an unfunded mandate.
This means uninsured as you pointed out have to be taken care of and GUESS WHAT???
The hospital then passes on the costs to those that pay...i.e. insurance companies as I pointed out simply pay the claims and raise the costs!

SIMPLE solution!
A) Tax lawyers 10% JuST as Obama did tanning salons cause tanning causes cancer. The $27 billion would pay the premium for the truly uninsured and
the hospitals could NOT the jack up the costs to those that pay, i.e. $5 aspirin... $3,000 CAT scan that costs the hospital $60!
These costs would lower then insurance claims then lower premiums !

The ACA isn't supposed to work.... it is designed to collapse the system and usher in Single Payer as t he "final solution".

Holy crap, too funny. It's part of my profession.

I trained every year until last year on Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Supplements so that I could be conversant on it with my advisory clients.

I've helped them choose plans, networks and formularies for over a decade. I know how pricing works, I know how plans operate, I know how provider contracts work, I know the strengths and weaknesses and differences of the plans, I know how networks are put together and maintained, I know how costs are managed, I know how provider compensation works. I know Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements inside and out. I'm guessing you don't.

And your rant has nothing to do with "how insurance works", by the way. Decreasing the costs of defensive medicine could easily be part of the plan, for example.

Play the partisan crap with someone else, thanks.

Last edited:

I trained every year until last year on Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Supplements so that I could be conversant on it with my advisory clients.

I've helped them choose plans, networks and formularies for over a decade. I know how pricing works, I know how plans operate, I know how provider contracts work, I know how networks are put together and maintained. I know Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements inside and out.

I AM on a GREAT Medicare Advantage Plan! But because they make a profit, Obama hates MAs!
Look if you understand insurance then you KNOW that there never was a Health care crisis!
Biggest lie which YOU should be knowledgeable about is there are 46 million UNINSURED AMERICANS!
1) Even Obama AFTER ACA passed there were 10 million illegals that he counted!
2) 14 million were eligible for MEDICAID but due to incompetency of Obama they didn't know! And this was before ACA!
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
3) 18 million who make over $50,000 are eligible for employers insurance but being under 34 don't want or need insurance were nevertheless fraudulently counted as
UNINSURED! Thus bloating the number! CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009 t

So You should understand that with those numbers the truly uninsured that wanted insurance is less then 5 million!

So why if you know so much then are you disputing THIS study?
READ THIS STUDY!! http://www.jacksonhealthcare.com/media/8968/defensivemedicine_ebook_final.pdf

90% of physicians surveyed say they order $850 billion a year in wasted duplicate tests, referrals all out of FEAR of being SUED!
--- Emergency medicine, primary care, and OB/GYN physicians are most likely to practice defensive medicine.
--- 79 to 83% of surgeons and OB/GYNs have been named in lawsuits.
"Physicians contracted by the federal government practice significantly less defensive medicine as they are protected against lawsuits by the
1946 Federal Tort Claims Act. "
-- BUT........Only 48% practice defensive medicine compared to 92% of non-government physicians.
Consider that fact that of the physicians interviewed 52% DID NOT practice defensive medicine!
Who were they? Doctors contracted by federal government!
WHY did these doctors NOT practice "defensive medicine"??? 1946 Tort reform!

So if you know so much about insurance then you know what the 80/20 rule is!
The 80/20 rule requires insurance companies to reveal how much of premium dollars they actually spend on health care and how much on profits and administrative costs such as salaries and marketing. Now, with the implementation of the 80/20 rule, consumers can see how insurance companies spend their premium dollars and make more informed decisions when purchasing health insurance. The 80/20 rule will become even more important beginning in 2014, when consumers and small employers will have access to state-based competitive Health Insurance Marketplaces (also known as Exchanges) where individuals and small businesses can use the 80/20 information to compare the value of health insurance plans.
https://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Files/Downloads/mlr-report-02-15-2013.pdf

If you know so much you know ALL health insurance premiums are approved by states' insurance regulators!

Therefore if you know insurance you know that if the CLAIMS' costs drop below the 80% of premiums then states won't approve premiums being raised!

If that is the case premiums drop. More people can afford health insurance!
Simply by taking 10% of lawyers income, tied to reducing the $850 billion and using that $27 billion taxes to pay the premiums for the people that
truly need health insurance. This then drops claims costs which lowers premiums!

I've helped them choose plans, networks and formularies for over a decade. I know how pricing works, I know how plans operate, I know how provider contracts work, I know how networks are put together and maintained. I know Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements inside and out.

I AM on a GREAT Medicare Advantage Plan! But because they make a profit, Obama hates MAs!
Look if you understand insurance then you KNOW that there never was a Health care crisis!
Biggest lie which YOU should be knowledgeable about is there are 46 million UNINSURED AMERICANS!
1) Even Obama AFTER ACA passed there were 10 million illegals that he counted!
2) 14 million were eligible for MEDICAID but due to incompetency of Obama they didn't know! And this was before ACA!
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
3) 18 million who make over $50,000 are eligible for employers insurance but being under 34 don't want or need insurance were nevertheless fraudulently counted as
UNINSURED! Thus bloating the number! CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009 t

So You should understand that with those numbers the truly uninsured that wanted insurance is less then 5 million!

So why if you know so much then are you disputing THIS study?
READ THIS STUDY!! http://www.jacksonhealthcare.com/media/8968/defensivemedicine_ebook_final.pdf

90% of physicians surveyed say they order $850 billion a year in wasted duplicate tests, referrals all out of FEAR of being SUED!
--- Emergency medicine, primary care, and OB/GYN physicians are most likely to practice defensive medicine.
--- 79 to 83% of surgeons and OB/GYNs have been named in lawsuits.
"Physicians contracted by the federal government practice significantly less defensive medicine as they are protected against lawsuits by the
1946 Federal Tort Claims Act. "
-- BUT........Only 48% practice defensive medicine compared to 92% of non-government physicians.
Consider that fact that of the physicians interviewed 52% DID NOT practice defensive medicine!
Who were they? Doctors contracted by federal government!
WHY did these doctors NOT practice "defensive medicine"??? 1946 Tort reform!

So if you know so much about insurance then you know what the 80/20 rule is!
The 80/20 rule requires insurance companies to reveal how much of premium dollars they actually spend on health care and how much on profits and administrative costs such as salaries and marketing. Now, with the implementation of the 80/20 rule, consumers can see how insurance companies spend their premium dollars and make more informed decisions when purchasing health insurance. The 80/20 rule will become even more important beginning in 2014, when consumers and small employers will have access to state-based competitive Health Insurance Marketplaces (also known as Exchanges) where individuals and small businesses can use the 80/20 information to compare the value of health insurance plans.
https://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Files/Downloads/mlr-report-02-15-2013.pdf

If you know so much you know ALL health insurance premiums are approved by states' insurance regulators!

Therefore if you know insurance you know that if the CLAIMS' costs drop below the 80% of premiums then states won't approve premiums being raised!

If that is the case premiums drop. More people can afford health insurance!
Simply by taking 10% of lawyers income, tied to reducing the $850 billion and using that $27 billion taxes to pay the premiums for the people that
truly need health insurance. This then drops claims costs which lowers premiums!
Great. Show me the analysis on that and resulting premium decreases. And the source.

Then tell me how people who still can't afford health insurance are going to access preventive, diagnostic and advanced services.

Why??

Because this idiot has told us:" "I prefer single payer health system"

This idiot wants 1,400 insurance companies to go out of business, just as he has driven coal mining industry to bankruptcy! These companies pay $100 billion a year and employ 450,000 people. Where will this dummy get the money? He doesn't give a crap! He'll be gone but his legacy will be bankrupt companies!

UnitedHealth, the nation's biggest health insurer, will cut its participation in public health insurance exchanges to only a handful of states next year after expanding to nearly three dozen for this year.

CEO Stephen Hemsley said Tuesday that the company expects losses from its exchange business to total more than $1 billion for this year and last. He added that the company cannot continue to broadly serve the market created by the Affordable Care Act's coverage expansion due partly to the higher risk that comes with its customers.

News from The Associated Press

The sad FACT there was NO health care crisis! There never were 46 million UNINSURED AMERICANS!
That LIE was so frequently shouted by Obama, et.al. that most Americans really believed that and
so we have the for REAL HEALTH CARE CRISIS NOW!!!

How sad!
UnitedHealth sucks. Ask any doctor or nurse who has ever had to deal with them.

"AGAIN We tried to WARN you ignorant people! ACA won't WORK... and that's fine by Obama!"

Again, this is he ridiculous partisan idiocy.

I AM on a GREAT Medicare Advantage Plan!

So you spend all your free time spreading disinformation in UPPER CASE???? (At least your username is accurate.)

Tell us some lies about the Sanders healthcare plan:

Medicare for All: Leaving No One Behind - Bernie Sanders

That's all you can criticize is upper case?
Why don't you dispute the facts that I've shown?
90% of doctors surveyed say they order tests,etc. i.e. over $850 Billion a year in wasted claims because they fear lawsuits? YOU OK with that?
YOU OK with the gross lie there were 46 million Americans that were uninsured and that we should cover them all? Is that what you agree to?
EVEN though 10 million are not legal citizens, or 14 million WERE ELIGIBLE for Medicaid BEFORE ACA or 18 million under 34 don't want health insurance?
That adds un to 42 million that were phonily included in that bogus number. Yet you agree ?

So you spend all your free time spreading disinformation in UPPER CASE???? (At least your username is accurate.)

No, I'm criticizing the lies. Tell us some lies about the Sanders healthcare plan.

So I went to the above web site.
The first issue is that if Bernie can't do simple math how can we expect ANY of his comments on his health plan is valid?
NOTE: He can't raise $110 billion to pay for his plan! Wrong figures!
Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 2.12.13 PM.png

Remember... Obama PLEDGED that :
"I pledge we’ll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year…..
We’ll do it by the end of my first term as President of the United States.
If you like your health care plan, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too."

So much for Democrats understanding insurance!

Trumps healthcare plan ... 'we're going to take care of everybody"

uh, huh, riiiiiiiiiight.

No, I'm criticizing the lies. Tell us some lies about the Sanders healthcare plan.

From this web site: Medicare for All: Leaving No One Behind - Bernie Sanders

LIE # 1 Bernie’s plan would create a federally administered single-payer health care program.
Does this idiot plan to make up the $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local and property taxes when the 1,400 companies go out of business laying off
450,000 people?
Where in his plan does he have making up this $100 billion in taxes?
Where in his plan does he account for 450,000 people laid off that a single payer won't need according to Bernie because of the "efficiencies""???
450,000 workers who earned $3,200 during the high quarter made an average weekly wage of $246 per week for 99 weeks: $11 billion in unemployment checks?

Lie#2...
THE PLAN WOULD BE FULLY PAID FOR BY:

• A 6.2 percent income-based health care premium paid by employers.
      Revenue raised: $630 billion per year.
In 2010 total wages and salaries came to $6,009,831,055,912

First look at US pay data, it’s awful

6.2% TIMES $6,009,831,055,912 equals $372,609,525,467... NOT $630 billion!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back