Against the law to take down confederate statues in Florida

One particular State Right. The Confederacy in one way, shit all over States Rights when it came time to write their own constitution.

Actually because it didn't do that, it had real issues keeping the States together as a team when the Union really started taking over territory.

What it did do was quantify succession as needing overall consent, something the US Constitution didn't describe, and still doesn't describe. All we have is case law, not actual law.

Actually because it didn't do that, it had real issues keeping the States together as a team when the Union really started taking over territory.

What it did do was quantify succession as needing overall consent, something the US Constitution didn't describe, and still doesn't describe. All we have is case law, not actual law.
What the fuck are you talking about you clown? I'm talking about the fact the Confederacy made it against their own Constitution for any State in the Confederacy to give up slavery.

What the fuck are you talking about you clown? I'm talking about the fact the Confederacy made it against their own Constitution for any State in the Confederacy to give up slavery.

It also limited the confederate level power inside States on things like navigation of common rivers, as well as other State level issues, such as impeaching confederate officers inside a given State.

The Constitution didn't say States had to keep slavery themselves, just that they couldn't take away slaves from people from other States moving through or to other States. It was basically enshrining Dread Scott case law.

Article IV Section 2(1) The citizens of each State shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several States; and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any State of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property; and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired.[31]

It also limited the confederate level power inside States on things like navigation of common rivers, as well as other State level issues, such as impeaching confederate officers inside a given State.

The Constitution didn't say States had to keep slavery themselves, just that they couldn't take away slaves from people from other States moving through or to other States. It was basically enshrining Dread Scott case law.
So, so much for the State Rigjt to end slavery huh?

Not when they denied them that right constitutionally.

Why are you such a backtracking pussy? If you don't mind me standing here talking shit why did you cry earlier for me to fuck off? 😄

The constitution protected people MOVING to the State, not living there already.

What backtracking? You are the one assuming facts not in evidence about my posts and positions.

The constitution protected people MOVING to the State, not living there already.
The constitution prevented States within the Confederacy from ending the practice of slavery within their borders. A very anti States Rights position. There is no way to seriously argue otherwise you moron.
What backtracking? You are the one assuming facts not in evidence about my posts and positions.
Don't be a pussy your entire life.

The constitution prevented States within the Confederacy from ending the practice of slavery within their borders. A very anti States Rights position. There is no way to seriously argue otherwise you moron.

Don't be a pussy your entire life.

Yet the rest of the document was very restrictive on what the Confederate government could do, and even their Preamble made it clear it was a collection of sovereign States.

I just did, you just can't figure it out because you are a moron.

Yawn.

Yet the rest of the document was very restrictive on what the Confederate government could do, and even their Preamble made it clear it was a collection of sovereign States.
None of which refutes my argument that slavery was more important to them than States Rights.
I just did, you just can't figure it out because you are a moron.

Yawn.
You're still stuck on stupid. They didn't leave over States Rights you Simp. Accept facts. They left over slavery.

Forum List

Back