Agree with the Pope...disagree with the Pope (R-W'ers hypocrisy)

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Just some of the many, many examples of right wing hypocrisy regarding religiosity….

Agree with the Pope on rejecting same sex-marriages…

Disagree with the Pope on the devastating impacts of global warming

Agree with the Pope on banning all abortions

Disagree with the Pope on the evils of wealth inequalities

Agree with the Pope in not separating church from government

Disagree with the Pope on the moral responsibilities of taking in illegal immigrants

Pick and choose your religious beliefs?

Right wingers remind me of the Stalin quip.....

In the waning days of WW II during a discussion of the future of Eastern Europe British Prime Minister Winston Churchill cautioned Joseph Stalin to consider the views of the Vatican. To this the Soviet leader responded, “Yeah? How many divisions does the Pope of Rome have?”

Yes, there's been this love/hate relationship between the Vatican and American social right, where popes have been generally consistent – albeit wrong on some of the issues, such as privacy rights in the United States – and conservatives not; if Christian dogma is correct in condemning abortion, then it must also be correct when condemning wealth inequalities, conservatives can't have it both ways.

Just some of the many, many examples of right wing hypocrisy regarding religiosity….

Disagree with the Pope on the moral responsibilities of taking in illegal immigrants

It appears that Pope Francis is actively involved in current affairs, & his slant is to the left; from global warming, to open borders, to redistribution of wealth. When the Pope & Obama met in 3/14, with another meeting scheduled in 9/23/15, I'm they'll continue to agree on many issues.

He should stick to helping the poor, not inserting himself into the global warming debate. I don't recall Jesus doing stuff like this.

And just how much money does the Pope make? $200 million annually.

Perhaps the Pope didn't read the book of Romans. Suddenly Illegals are exempt from obeying God's law?

Why should conservatives worry about protecting GOD'S CREATION. lol

The hypocrisy is epic.

I don't agree with my Wife all the time and I MARRIED HER.

What idiot would walk in lockstep with Religious or Political leaders?

Oh yeah, Liberals would.

I dont give a rats ass about the popes take on globull warming or anything else for that matter.
Stop lumping me and other none catholics into the pope fan club.

He should stick to helping the poor, not inserting himself into the global warming debate. I don't recall Jesus doing stuff like this.

God appointed man to be the steward of this world (Genesis 1:28)

LOL. Your agenda is against God's will. You are consumed with preserving the earth forever. That can't happen.

The day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

2 Peter 3:10 ESV

I must say, the Pope is quite hypocritical for bemoaning wealth inequality when he himself earns $200 million a year.

All your efforts to "save the earth" will be in vain. God will wind up destroying it on his own to make a new earth. It's right there in the Bible.

All your efforts to "save the earth" will be in vain. God will wind up destroying it on his own to make a new earth. It's right there in the Bible.

Yep, and when I was a kid, I think I also read about the above in a Superman's comic book.

What idiot would walk in lockstep with Religious or Political leaders?

Actually, it may be more within YOUR ilk than you may think........Evangelicals? Rapture-advocates?

5 of the GOP candidates are Papists.....at least, when it suits their needs.

Further evidence that liberals are retarded. I'm a conservative and don't give a shit what the pope, any religious leader or you think. You have a toggle switch for a brain.

Forum List

Back