Air traffic controllers at sf airport

[Don't start any lies here. The pilot had not landed a 777 at SFO before, but he has made several flights in them...just not enough to watch his airspeed close enough.

Nope, you are the liar:

The news has been clear all day: the pilot NEVER LANDED A 777 BEFORE IN HIS LIFE.

Try reading Google News before you post.
Do you have a link to back that up or are you just bluffing to save face?

I'll be back shortly with my link. Go get one of your own. We'll compare notes.

Too many. Search the term: "never landed a 777" on Google News. The news references fill the screen.

You are an obnoxious guy, aren't you? Start right off calling people a liar, and out of sheer ignorance and not keeping up with the news. I'm putting you on Ignore because you aren't worth gully dust.

Pilot was attempting his first Boeing 777 landing at San Francisco airport, airline says, while NTSB investigates death | Fox News

Asiana Airlines said Monday that the pilot in control of a Boeing 777 that crashed at San Francisco International Airport Saturday had little experience flying it and was landing one for the first time at that airport, while the city's fire chief said there is a "possibility" that one of two passengers killed was run over by a rescue vehicle rushing to aid victims.

Earlier Monday, Asiana spokeswoman Lee Hyomin told the Associated Press that pilot Lee Gang-guk was trying to get used to the 777 during Saturday's crash landing. She said the pilot had nearly 10,000 hours flying other planes, including the Boeing 747, but had only 43 hours on the 777.

The operative phrase is "at that airport". He had 43 hours training in the 777.

Like I said, don't be circulating misinformation. When you do, you are LYING!

Nope, you are the liar:

The news has been clear all day: the pilot NEVER LANDED A 777 BEFORE IN HIS LIFE.

Try reading Google News before you post.
Do you have a link to back that up or are you just bluffing to save face?

I'll be back shortly with my link. Go get one of your own. We'll compare notes.

Too many. Search the term: "never landed a 777" on Google News. The news references fill the screen.

You are an obnoxious guy, aren't you? Start right off calling people a liar, and out of sheer ignorance and not keeping up with the news. I'm putting you on Ignore because you aren't worth gully dust.

Hey! I'm just pointing out that you are misinformed and promoting a non-truth. Ignore me and you will be more misinformed. Not my problem.

Your ignorance is outstanding. Look up VFR.

With all due respect, look up operations in Class B Airspace. The most densely packed, highly controlled ATC environment. SFO being one of the biggest and busiest. You also might find interesting how many airlines allow their PICs to file VFR flight plans. Another one easy to look up. I would go with the regs on this one and not an airport spokesperson. Flying a visual approach while on an IFR flight plan under ATC control in Class B and flying VFR are different.

Sorry for all the edits.

Cheers,

http://www.avweb.com/news/avtraining/183284-1.html

Last edited:
Shouldn't they have been Warning the pilots concerning the approach? What were they watching??

Your ignorance is outstanding. Look up VFR.
Your ignorance is astounding...Commercial airliners don't fly VFR.

Actually, I lied.....Your ignorance is expected. :lol:
They surely don't fly VFR, but they sometimes make visual approaches. I'll give you that I shouldn't have used the term VFR landing. Outside of the altimeter, air speed indicator and maybe plane mounted radar and DME equipment, he used his eyes to see where he was. As I understand it, the localizer was working but the glide slope wasn't.

There's no need for you to get all fuckin' bent out of shape over it, dude.

"Flight 214, like all aircraft landing in San Francisco on the sunny clear morning, was using visual flight rules, an airport spokesman said. FBI Special Agent in Charge David Johnson said his agency will be assisting the NTSB to determine the cause of the accident."

See: Asiana Airlines president apologizes for S.F. airplane crash - latimes.com
Every commercial flight that enters Class A airspace at one point or another (above 18,000 ft....i.e. commercial airliners) is on an IFR flight plan.

There are no commercial airliners flying VFR.

Ignorant idjit.

Time will tell, as will the FAA.
I know the airspace rules and FARs, stupid ignorant asshole.

Don't need any time to know that you don't.

You don't know shit; you're as dumb as a box of hammers

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/07/us/california-plane-crash-questions

7. The instrument landing system approach on runway 28L was not working on the day of the crash. It had been down for some time. Flights were landing using visual flight rules. The weather was clear.

Last edited:

Well said. The NTSB has the world's respect for good reason and I trust they will do a great job. FAA? Not so much.:evil:

We've wandered into the weeds on this thread. The thread issue was the role of SFO's ATC. Should the tower have issued an altitude alert? Yes. My point was that from my first hand experience even on a slow day, SFO tower would be too busy.

Last edited:

Well said. The NTSB has the world's respect and I trust they will do a great job. FAA? Not so much.
FAA and NTSB are joined at the hip....A couple of protection rackets.

The only reason that we might well get at least half the truth about this particular crash is that it was a foreign owned airliner.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

I hear you 5 x 5.

I may be naïve, but I still trust the NTSB. The FAA is the biggest collection of incompetent.... Oh don't get me started.

Last edited:

Well said. The NTSB has the world's respect and I trust they will do a great job. FAA? Not so much.

The only reason that we might well get at least half the truth about this particular crash is that it was a foreign owned airliner.

LOL, you're really a piece of shit. The leader of the NTSB is a women, I have no doubt she will find the answers. Dumb shits like you decide everything on ideology, and do so without evidence or any critical examination of the facts.

LOL, you're really a piece of shit. The leader of the NTSB is a women, I have no doubt she will find the answers. Dumb shits like you decide everything on ideology, and do so without evidence or any critical examination of the facts.
What does the gender of the NTSB bureaucrat have to do with anything, Danny Vermin?

She's a women (sic), so everything will end up sunshine and lollipops!

Critical examination of the facts indeed :lol:

What does the gender of the NTSB bureaucrat have to do with anything, Danny Vermin?

She's a women (sic), so everything will end up sunshine and lollipops!

Critical examination of the facts indeed :lol:

Nice Red Herring, you really are a piece of shit. On some level you probably know that (have been told by others often).

Forum List

Back