🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Al Gore: Climate Skepticism Will Haunt Republicans In 2016

Didn't Big Gay Al say that the arctic ice would all be gone by this year?

No, he did not. He said that it could be gone by 2013. A lot of differance between could and would. But that is not the issue, in any case. The amount of ice in the summer in the Arctic continues to decline on a decadal basis. More than likely, we will see a period of no ice in September by 2020. That has enormous implications for the warming of the Arctic Ocean, and the clathrates stored there.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGES/seaice.anomaly.arctic.png

yes and the Great Lakes were almost totally frozen over for the first time in 25 years last winter.... and in the North East, one of the coolest summers on record.
It`s called GLOBAL warming, not Eastern United States warming. Jeezus!

I tried to look up something connected to the disappearance of the ice caves in the cascades. They are still there as big as ever. Watch when you want to go because they are typically blocked by snow in early December.

Google is your friend.

You're talking about the ones in the North Cascades. Here's a link to info about those. Yes those are still there. They're much farther north of the one I was posting about. They're in the Mt. Baker Snoqualmie National Forest. Mt. Baker is much colder. It's farther north.

Big Four Ice Caves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm talking about the ones in the Mt. Rainier National Park. By Sunrise. They melted completely by the end of the 20th century. There used to be a sign on the road marking the exit to the cave. It's changed and only reads as the exit to Sunrise.

The one by Mt. Rainier was hundreds of miles south of the ones in the North Cascades.

There's more than one ice cave in Washington. There used to be more but the one in Mt. Rainier National Park melted.

Forum List

Back