Al Gore Team Eyeing 2016 Run: Report

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
enhanced-buzz-24422-1439498429-7.jpg

Supporters of Al Gore have begun a round of conversations among themselves and with the former vice president about his running for president in 2016, the latest sign that top Democrats have serious doubts that Hillary Clinton is a sure thing.

Gore, 67, won the popular vote in the 2000 election and has been mentioned as a possible candidate in every contested Democratic primary since then. He instead spent much of the 2000s focused on environmental campaigning and business ventures. He has largely slipped out of public view in more recent years.

But in recent days, “they’re getting the old gang together,” a senior Democrat told BuzzFeed News.

“They’re figuring out if there’s a path financially and politically,” the Democrat said. “It feels more real than it has in the past months.”

The senior Democrat and other sources cautioned not to overstate Gore’s interest. He has not made any formal or informal moves toward running, or even met with his political advisers about a potential run.

More: Al Gore Insiders Figuring Out If There's A Path For Him To Run - BuzzFeed News

What a wonderful possibility! I would wholeheartedly support Al Gore!

I would ditch Hillary in a heartbeat for Al Gore. He's a smart man who understands the world we live in.

If Gore hadn't been cheated by Florida Governor Jeb Bush and Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris - the Iraq clusterfuck would not have happened. Florida was a rigged election.

It would be great to see Gore take his rightful position as President

wow, they are dusting off the old fogie dust bin. Face lifts will be the in thing for them.

my gawd, anyone seen Lucrch Kerry. his lift made him more scary than usual. :ack-1:

It he does run he will be as relevant as Martin O'malley, which is to say not very relevant.

If Gore hadn't been cheated by Florida Governor Jeb Bush and Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris - the Iraq clusterfuck would not have happened. Florida was a rigged election.

Keep beating that dead horse faux squaw.

According to a massive months-long study commissioned by eight news organizations in 2001, George W. Bush probably still would have won even if the U.S. Supreme Court had allowed a limited statewide recount to go forward as ordered by Florida’s highest court.

Bush also probably would have won had the state conducted the limited recount of only four heavily Democratic counties that Al Gore asked for, the study found.

The Florida Recount of 2000

I'd love to see either Gore or Kerry run again

They would make great Presidents

Forum List

Back