Alabama becomes the 22nd Constitutional Carry state...no permit needed to carry a gun if you are a law abiding citizen.

To be free...you need guns....lots of guns in the hands of your people.......Ukraine is learning that lesson today........people trapped in democrat party cities where the democrat party first attacks and intimidates the police and then they release the most violent gun offenders over and over again.....are learning this lesson as well...

My biggest disappointment with Trump is that he didn't push for national constitutional carry. I think Desantis would if he got the chance. I would be open to another amendment, actually, that specifically guarantees constitutional open and concealed carry for all law-abiding American citizens (or an addition to the 2nd that spells it out specifically so the anti-civil rights lefties can't object/lie).

"Well regulated" modifies "militia".
The right to keep and bear arms is held by "the people".
Not the militia.
Not the people in the militia.
The people.
Thus, "well regulated" is irrelevant in a discussion regarding the right to keep and bear arms.

Exactly. "Well regulated" in the vernacular used during that time doesn't mean what the gun-law aficionados think it means.

This has been discussed so many times on USMB, I won't even bother to repeat it here.

Last edited:
Because you are willing to shoot your own countryman. The least qualified person to be allowed near a gun. The 2nd amendment allows the gun nuts like that to have guns. What a fucked up nation.

Dude: White 6 is a Biden-supporting Democrat and a Trump misanthropist. He most likely believes in the same socially-liberal policies you do, except he probably owns what you'd call an "assault weapon."

:laughing0301:

Last edited:
We have freedom of religion, but it doesn't mean you can set up chairs in the middle of a downtown intersection whenever you like and hold service. Lots of rights call for requirements and regulation.

If I choose to set chairs in the middle of a downtown intersection to hold a church service the permit would not be for the religious service, but for the disruption of the public.

Me carrying my weapon without anyone even knowing about it no more disrupts the public than me saying a silent prayer as I am walking down the road.

Nobody ever needs a permit to practice their religion

If I choose to set chairs in the middle of a downtown intersection to hold a church service the permit would not be for the religious service, but for the disruption of the public.

Me carrying my weapon without anyone even knowing about it no more disrupts the public than me saying a silent prayer as I am walking down the road.

Nobody ever needs a permit to practice their religion
That is because you are not preaching to your congregation that want to have service in the streets. If you were, you would say it infringes your religious freedom. But, you are of the religion that wants guns in the streets (that have disrupted many lives by their misuse) with no regulation. I like guns and am wearing one now (having not taken it off), just as I was when I had to go to Home Depot for a pair of cabinet hinges. I just think they deserve some regulation out in public, off your private property. At present more states than not, agree with me.

That is because you are not preaching to your congregation that want to have service in the streets. If you were, you would say it infringes your religious freedom. But, you are of the religion that wants guns in the streets (that have disrupted many lives by their misuse) with no regulation. I like guns and am wearing one now (having not taken it off), just as I was when I had to go to Home Depot for a pair of cabinet hinges. I just think they deserve some regulation out in public, off your private property. At present more states than not, agree with me.

We have plenty of regulation for guns, to pretend we do not does your argument a disservice.

I should not need the government's permission to walk around with a gun on me anymore than I should need it to carry around a bible

We have plenty of regulation for guns, to pretend we do not does your argument a disservice.

I should not need the government's permission to walk around with a gun on me anymore than I should need it to carry around a bible
What state do you live in?

"Constitutional carry"

lol

A ridiculous political contrivance having nothing to do with the Constitution or law.

Requiring a permit to carry a concealed firearm is likewise Constitutional carry, in no manner violating the Second Amendment.
If the license is easily obtained and free of charge, sure. Paying for a CCW class and the permit equate to a poll tax and poll taxes are unconstitutional because a right can't be taxed.

Yes, permits for demonstrations and public gatherings are quite common.
Journalists don't have to have a permit to report the news.

A gathering on private property doesn't require a permit.

There's no law requiring a permit to petition the government for redress of grievances.

In fact, the right to keep and bear arms is the only, single right that requires background checks, fees (taxes?) and permits

Because you are willing to shoot your own countryman. The least qualified person to be allowed near a gun. The 2nd amendment allows the gun nuts like that to have guns. What a fucked up nation.
Yeah, we don't have to stand back and submit to being victimized like in your country. We're really fucked up...lol

As far as I'm concerned, you can keep them and bear them at the house, for protection of you, your family, and your castle or hovel as the case may be. You should be regulated as to carrying in public. I agree with most of the law enforcement organizations that have spoken out against it, but went ignored.
As long as the training and the permits are free.

We have freedom of religion, but it doesn't mean you can set up chairs in the middle of a downtown intersection whenever you like and hold service. Lots of rights call for requirements and regulation.
No, but I can set up chairs in a public park and hold worship services, without a permit.

Illinois.
Wow. I can see why you favor constitutional carry. What the heck is GAT?
1647041434131.png

Plus a $10.00 FOID Firearms Ownder ID?
Jesus, how did you people lose control of that state?

The majority of police actually support people carrying guns….it is the politically appointed chiefs who tow the leftist line against carrying guns.
I think those chiefs are looking at the revenue generated from the classes. In my state the class costs in the neighborhood of $145.00 and a renewal class every 5 years. The sheriff's department gets a cut of that. Typically, the class is taught by a deputy, so there's that

The permit fees are about $150.00 and the state police keep ALLLLLL that money. That's $150.00 Everytime you renew.

That's why police brass oppose constitutional carry.

My biggest disappointment with Trump is that he didn't push for national constitutional carry. I think Desantis would if he got the chance. I would be open to another amendment, actually, that specifically guarantees constitutional open and concealed carry for all law-abiding American citizens (or an addition to the 2nd that spells it out specifically so the anti-civil rights lefties can't object/lie).
I blame Ryan and McConnell for that. The bill was ready to sail through both houses and they killed it

Forum List

Back